Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Sythrak

Vyemm Raider
M&M and Embers Adrift are two EQ style games that people seem to enjoy. Don't think the population on either are that high, though, because there just isn't the market for it that people want to believe
I can't really give an opinion yet since I've played neither, but I don't get the EQ vibe from EA at all. It just comes off as very generic in the videos ive seen of it.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
What I'm really curious about is how long they can go until their support hits the point where it's so low it is no longer considered viable to make. The Pantheon community was already small(and got smaller over the years), but the extraction mode debacle definitely made some long-standing supporters of the game finally call it quits. No one is coming INTO the Pantheon fandom in 2024 - they've already maxed out the number of people that are interested in the game.

If you look at /r/pantheonmmo on Reddit, their current sub count is 25k. In 2021 it was 23k. That's such a minimal amount of growth. Their last period of large growth on the subreddit was November 2018 to March 2019 where it went from 11.3k to 17.6k subscribers, and the only reason for that is Nov 2018 is when Brad died, not due to the game itself.

Not just that, but looking at the health / age of the supporters (*cough 59 going on 95), it's not looking good for long term growth :p

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I can't really give an opinion yet since I've played neither, but I don't get the EQ vibe from EA at all. It just comes off as very generic in the videos ive seen of it.
EA is absolutely an "EQ clone." it's closer to actual EQ than EQ2 or vanguard or any of the other "spiritual successors" which were really just half assed attempts at copy WoW despite claiming the opposite.

MnM also seems like a decent attempt as an EQ mimic (to a fault, even copying 90s computer graphics, idk why they think EQ clone needs to have minecraft pixel counts) but that game has a long way to go, EA has been out for over a year.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Will still drop before Pantheon...

IMG_2262.jpeg

• 1Picard
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This is the only real MMO on the horizon.

You look at their progress after receiving funding and shit got real.

Equating begging for an investment and concept art years with years in serious development is crazy, and you guys keep harping on that lol.

More seriously tho.... Sox let's get a real podcast, no generic softball stuff when you're feeling up to it. Fate and the people of this thread have chosen you to be the front man.

• 2Worf
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
VR corporation headquarters according to their corporate address on file. Google Earth. They are using a mailbox depot as their address. The state of Delaware in which they are incorporated requires the agent on file, reportly to be Brad Mcquaid as of 2022, to be present from 9-5 M-F in order to be served papers. The location must be a store front but I dont know if the mailbox depot is gucci yet. They were forfeited by the California FTB in the spring of 2018 for nonpayment and not updating their corporate officer names. Their standing in California SOS is in good standing as well as their Corportation in Delaware. However, they have not filed corporation taxes in 10 years because their business has not made a million dollars in one single year.

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This is the only real MMO on the horizon.

You look at their progress after receiving funding and shit got real.

Equating begging for an investment and concept art years with years in serious development is crazy, and you guys keep harping on that lol.

More seriously tho.... Sox let's get a real podcast, no generic softball stuff when you're feeling up to it. Fate and the people of this thread have chosen you to be the front man.
There are still three or four years of "funded" development and this is not a lot to show for it. I know your next line will be about a small team and not being an AAA studio, but plenty of teams have done a lot more with a lot less.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
There are still three or four years of "funded" development and this is not a lot to show for it. I know your next line will be about a small team and not being an AAA studio, but plenty of teams have done a lot more with a lot less.

My next line is going to be about things took off when fully funded and a larger production when complete.

I was most worried about the graphics, think they come off as shit in screenshots, but in game it looks amazing.

Currently, no worries and look forward to another real MMO finally coming out again in my life time. Rift: Planes of Telara had so much hope and potential but catered to whiners and watered it down into generic waste.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Valhiem only had 4 developers. and your point is nirgon? Rift is still going slowly and still around.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Valhiem only had 4 developers. and your point is nirgon? Rift is still going slowly and still around.

Rift is toast

Give us more on Valheim, I loved the game

I/we will promote your podcast channel across MMO, build it and they will come

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

Rift even tried the low hanging fruit of a classic server. Except with No classic crazy portal invasions, and if BGs had one healer, the entire team was unkillable. People collectively shrugged and left after 2 days.

But hey at least they released !