Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The atmosphere here is again, changing...
stash-1-50eb7e930f472.gif

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm curious, but if a project funds before the end date, do they get the money? Or do they have to wait till the end date before the transaction occurs?

Zoeii_sl

shitlord
I'm curious, but if a project funds before the end date, do they get the money? Or do they have to wait till the end date before the transaction occurs?
If this thing gets funded even days before the end, no one will be charged early. But as soon as that counter hits 0, if this thing makes it, get ready for the email indicating that you have been charged. It happens almost instantly after the campaign ends. Then it takes some time to process before they get the money. They probably won't get the money in the bank until about a week or two after the end.

Zoeii_sl

shitlord
Whats the % kickstarter gets?
From the Kickstarter FAQ:

"What are the fees?

If a project is successfully funded, Kickstarter applies a 5% fee to the funds collected.

For US-based projects, pledges will be processed by Amazon Payments, while pledges to non-US projects will be processed securely through a third-party payments processor. In either case, these payment processing fees work out to roughly 3-5%."

Zoeii_sl

shitlord
Here is another interesting little tid bit from Kickstarter's FAQ:

"Is a creator legally obligated to fulfill the promises of their project?

Yes. Kickstarter's Terms of Use require creators to fulfill all rewards of their project or refund any backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill. (This is what creators see before they launch.) We crafted these terms to create a legal requirement for creators to follow through on their projects, and to give backers a recourse if they don't. We hope that backers will consider using this provision only in cases where they feel that a creator has not made a good faith effort to complete the project and fulfill."

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It's way too hyped up now.. I don't know if it can live up.. Hopefully they think of that and have more details ready.
It doesn't really have to much to live up too. As long as there is some actual fleshed out details about the game it will be an improvement on what we have seen so far. Reality though it's probably more along the lines of

"Well our new game is like EQ but more badass and it's like Vangaurd but not, we have a Dark Knight who does Dark Knighty things and we have Light Knight who does Light Knighty things. Of course there's grouping and it's hard and Old Skool. We have graphics and things to fight."

I mean if it's more detailed than that then it will be a win for all of us as we might get a better idea of what he is trying to really accomplish, but I think we're better off not holding our collective breath.

Zoeii_sl

shitlord
I am frustrated with PC Gamer. If what Brad says is true, they gave PC Gamer exclusive info and they are likely holding back on giving us more info until that article drops. It's a bad showing on PC Gamers part. Shame on them, this article is important for this Kickstarter.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It doesn't really have to much to live up too. As long as there is some actual fleshed out details about the game it will be an improvement on what we have seen so far. Reality though it's probably more along the lines of

"Well our new game is like EQ but more badass and it's like Vangaurd but not, we have a Dark Knight who does Dark Knighty things and we have Light Knight who does Light Knighty things. Of course there's grouping and it's hard and Old Skool. We have graphics and things to fight."

I mean if it's more detailed than that then it will be a win for all of us as we might get a better idea of what he is trying to really accomplish, but I think we're better off not holding our collective breath.
I don't know.. At this point it needs to be pretty revealing.. It can't be underwhelming.. The overall feeling has to be positive and that will only come with real details, plus cool ideas.