Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LOL! Funny stuff. Do you want the technical info? Cause I do computer forensics among other things.
Why does it matter? He could of had a few of them last week and went back and updated the areas and took new SS's.. some people are just reaching lol

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
There is information all over the place. Just not the information you want. I know plenty about this game, enough to get me interested. Hell, he had me a group focused. We know the classes...we know that the Dark Knight gets a pet...if I had a damn dime for every time I heard someone on EQ2 bitch about SK not having a damn skelly pet...but I digress. Have you read the FAQ on the Kickstarter page lately? They update the page every single day. You guys seriously seem like you just need something to bitch about. Let's hash this out. Let's talk about the info we do have. I truly don't think you guys have been reading the Kickstarter. The updates aren't just happening on the update tab.
Are you referring to big reveal of clerics that heal and Batman the Shadowknight ?

How many here thought there was any chance of no cleric and no shadowknight ?

The biggest "reveal" of the classes was the stupid fucking name of The Dark Knight.

You know plenty about this game ? Please share.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
While this is possible, how the fuck does one estimate the "age" of a screenshot?
Everything is neat and tidy, no broken walls, not a "lived in" feel. To me it looks like it was just put together with the default assets. Its in a closed in space, limited view, no horizon probably because there is not one. Conceeded you cant really "age" it, but it looks like a first draft.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There is information all over the place. Just not the information you want. I know plenty about this game, enough to get me interested. Hell, he had me a group focused. We know the classes...we know that the Dark Knight gets a pet...if I had a damn dime for every time I heard someone on EQ2 bitch about SK not having a damn skelly pet...but I digress. Have you read the FAQ on the Kickstarter page lately? They update the page every single day. You guys seriously seem like you just need something to bitch about. Let's hash this out. Let's talk about the info we do have. I truly don't think you guys have been reading the Kickstarter. The updates aren't just happening on the update tab.
Yeah there's information out there. It justreallydoesn't seem like 5 months worth. What's been released so far, me and a few buddies could come up with in one afternoon while drinking beer and watching a football game. You don't try to raise 7 mil with this level of info, is the point I believe he was trying to make...that you don't seem to grasp.

Tol_sl

shitlord
I have insider info from a top secret email that says rangers might use a bow and bards potentially have songs that confer magical effects upon the party, but I can't say much more than that. Sorry guys.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Yeah there's information out there. It justreallydoesn't seem like 5 months worth. What's been released so far, me and a few buddies could come up with in one afternoon while drinking beer and watching a football game. You don't try to raise 7 mil with this level of info, is the point I believe he was trying to make...that you don't seem to grasp.
Did they say anywhere they been working at it for 5 months? or did Brad just start talking about wanting to do this 5 months ago? Thats a huge difference.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The updates aren't just happening on the update tab.
So what you are saying is they are updating things with no indication that they have been updated, Brilliant!!!! I know most people on kickstarter re-read through content every few hours in the hopes that it will be changed without knowing about it.

I am not complaining at you Zoeii, if they are really going through their kickstarter and fleshing out sections in more detail that's actually a good thing. Doing it in silence though it fucking weird.

Zoeii_sl

shitlord
Did you research this board or the ones that came before it at all before you registered?
Nope, didn't even know this site existed until a friend pointed this thread out. But I fail to see the point. If I had read the other stuff, I am assuming to educate myself on how disgusting you guys are, does it make it ok to talk to a lady like that?

"Oh uh, yeah, if you had read the butt secks thread, my personal favorite, you would know how gross we are. You'd also know we're all single. And this makes it completely ok for me to ask you to show your tits."

On another note, have you guys been checking out the official Facebook page, Brad McQuaid's Facebook page or the twitter accounts? There is some concept art they have been showing. I am not sure why they have not added it to the Kickstarter. T

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did they say anywhere they been working at it for 5 months? or did Brad just start talking about wanting to do this 5 months ago? Thats a huge difference.
He mentioned prior to the KS launching they were working on the game. I doubt they started 5 months ago actually building a world. They were most likely putting the full concept together.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yes

We're not KS experts, we're MMO development experts, and a lot of how one uses KS is radically different than convention game development, where a lot of these ideas wouldn't be even talked about for 1-2 years.

Honestly, if there is a 'rush' it's that we've been working hard since September pro bono, and people have bills to pay.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
As far as I can tell, at some point in September one of them said 'hey guys, what if....' and now that we're not even done with January people are freaking out by the presumption they've don't have enough 'work' done after working 10 hours days for "five" months now, since they apparently started on September -13th.

They're in the conceptualizing phase of the game, and probably a terrible place to launch a Kickstarter. We all realize this, though, thanks to a new amateur journalist delivering ground breaking news flashes every other page that they don't have a ton of tangible work produced at this point.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nope, didn't even know this site existed until a friend pointed this thread out. But I fail to see the point. If I had read the other stuff, I am assuming to educate myself on how disgusting you guys are, does it make it ok to talk to a lady like that?

"Oh uh, yeah, if you had read the butt secks thread, my personal favorite, you would know how gross we are. You'd also know we're all single. And this makes it completely ok for me to ask you to show your tits."

On another note, have you guys been checking out the official Facebook page, Brad McQuaid's Facebook page or the twitter accounts? There is some concept art they have been showing. I am not sure why they have not added it to the Kickstarter. T
Does it make it Ok? No...but don't come to this board expecting to be treated like a "lady", when we have a ten+ year history of treating vagina bearers like shit, and getting all butthurt when we do.

Edit: I should say we treat vagina bearers ok if you aren't the typical attention whoring I HAVE A VAGINA people, like you seem to be.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
As far as I can tell, at some point in September one of them said 'hey guys, what if....' and now that we're not even done with January people are freaking out by the presumption they've don't have enough 'work' done after working 10 hours days for "five" months now, since they apparently started on September -13th.

They're in the conceptualizing phase of the game, and probably a terrible place to launch a Kickstarter. We all realize this, though, thanks to a new amateur journalist delivering ground breaking news flashes every other page that they don't have a ton of tangible work produced at this point.
I'd agree with you if he didn't say "We've been working hard since September at this pro bono." To me that means, you know...they've been working hard.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Then they must have not done a whole lot them first 2 months. I honestly had no idea if they been working on it for 1 month or 5 months. I do know that for some reason, they werent ready for this. They should have started a week or 2 later then they did.

Seems like Brad just got the adrenaline rush and pushed it out a bit to fast. Thats all on him! Hope he can turn it around (pun intended).

Good luck Brad, cause you back yourself into a wall again dude.

Zoeii_sl

shitlord
I do get it guys! I want to just scream at Brad and say let me take over your PR and I'm just some computer geek. They post info all over the place and don't always post it to the Kickstarter. They have this awesome venue (the Kickstarter page) and they are not using it to it's full potential. As far as not updating people on changes to the page, I think they have said stuff about updating the FAQ and reorganizing the page. I am sorry if you missed it. Here is some info from an interview today:

1. There will be factions that are allied and at war and it will directly affect the PCs.
2. There will be Easter eggs and references to older games.
3. There will be different languages in the game.
4. One's relationship to your pantheon will be important, even for NPCs.
5. Some races do not believe in any pantheon (not necessarily PC races, but maybe).
6. The dev team is keen to listen to and to include ideas from the backers/fanbase.
7. If they have the resources, they want to implement the old GM event type things.

Tony Garcia Discussing Lore on KTAM Radio

Go submit you questions here:

Submit Questions for Brad s MMOBuff.tv Interview

You can't expect Brad and team to stalk this board and answer all of your questions here. It's proof enough that he cannot reach his entire audience here since I didn't know about this site until September and even then, someone pointed it out to me. You guys bitched about him getting out there and talking to people and he has...he is doing interviews. You have opportunities to ask your questions for these interviews, have you? Likely not because I am having to give you guys info that you should already know. I like posting here but I am looking for information else where too.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Most of the guys here are used to the "ladies" around these parts also having parts that put the self-conscious e-peening boys here to shame. It's not personal, we're just defensive because of how many times we've assumed we were looking at or talking to a 'lady' and been, ummm, how you say... penilized for it. (intentional misspelling if you catch my penis).

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
On another note, have you guys been checking out the official Facebook page, Brad McQuaid's Facebook page or the twitter accounts? There is some concept art they have been showing. I am not sure why they have not added it to the Kickstarter.
No, I certainly haven't been. What the fuck is this some sort of goddamn scavenger hunt? Are we meant to go from site to site, hunting down bits and pieces of this fucking up mess and put together the Kickstarter for him? If there is any reason not to give this guy money would be because he is a goddamn retard, if he's seriously doing all this random shit you keep saying and there are hidden clues to updates and game info scattered across the web so fucking what, it certainly isn't where it fucking needs to be which is on the fucking Kickstarter page.

Also to your point about how he would be required to provide refunds, sorry to say Kickstarter is vague enough that all he has to do it try in "good effort" to fulfill them. There are countless stories about people getting fucked over on kickstarter, and even if you pledge $10,000 trying to hire legal representation to get that back isn't worth the effort.

Lastly the only one who ever made gender an issue is you. You don't see other posters talking about their gender, do you? So if people start giving you the "Tits or GTFO" it's something you invited on your own for making it public in the first fucking place.