Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Merlin_sl

shitlord
It's blowing my mind that people think it's some easy thing to do.. Worst of all, tie it into their passion for the project? I feel the bar will keep being moved for Brad and team. It's partly their fault by launching a half ass KS but this is getting silly.

Anyway.. SO hopefully they get the updated KS done and the intro video. They've been quiet today, i'm assuming they are working on that stuff.
Seriously Convo, I love ya man, but get your head out of Brad's ass for a few seconds and join the rest of us in reality. For a least a few hours. What have you seen that leads you to believe this is going to work without sacrifice? Are you deluded?

Irongut_sl

shitlord
It's blowing my mind that people think it's some easy thing to do.. Worst of all, tie it into their passion for the project? I feel the bar will keep being moved for Brad and team. It's partly their fault by launching a half ass KS but this is getting silly.

Anyway.. SO hopefully they get the updated KS done and the intro video. They've been quiet today, i'm assuming they are working on that stuff.
There just isn't much to talk about so we're having an argument about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Standard stuff.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Jesus fuck they aren't gonna move out of state so can we stop shitting up the thread with absurd hypotheticals? They don't need to uproot their fucking families in the name of min/maxing their moderately sized entrepreneurial venture to prove their dedication to an extremist wacko minority of potential backers.

Totally ridiculous.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seriously Convo, I love ya man, but get your head out of Brad's ass for a few seconds and join the rest of us in reality. For a least a few hours. What have you seen that leads you to believe this is going to work without sacrifice? Are you deluded?
It has nothing to do with my head being up Brad's ass man. I'm not even sure why you're trying to go that route.. This is a ridiculous conversation.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I used to like Merlin's posts, but man lately he obviously just doesn't care anymore. No passion at all. It's probably Irongut's fault, as they're obviously not serious about posting comments. If they were serious, they'd pull their heads out of each other's asses and start posting with some passion again. Right? It's such a shame.

Merlin. Get help: mental.

Irongut_sl

shitlord
Jesus fuck they aren't gonna move out of state so can we stop shitting up the thread with absurd hypotheticals? They don't need to uproot their fucking families in the name of min/maxing their moderately sized entrepreneurial venture to prove their dedication to an extremist wacko minority of potential backers.

Totally ridiculous.
You're right. Lets get back to EQ1 1H/2H parsing.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

Totally ridiculous.
Quaid, if you were actually serious about posting, you'd pull your head out of someone's ass and show some passion by having opinions that are agreeable to the people who now think you don't have passion for posting and aren't showing you're willing to sacrifice for your posts.

Shall we all continue, or stop being douche bags?

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
Maybe they need to add a few new pledge tiers or stretch goals.... for the ladies...
A "cyber with Brad tier"?
redface.png

So in that GamesBeat interview, Brad said they're playing the game already:we?re already playing our game. We can get into combat with NPCs. We?ve got some cool rogue stuff in there already.
Maybe they're gonna throw a video of that up on the KS since everyone has been begging to see something tangible?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
After second thought. go fuck yourself dude. Don't put that passive aggressive bullshit on me with your totally unrealistic expectations of what a Dev team and their families should do mid KS.

There.. I feel better..

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So in that GamesBeat interview, Brad said they're playing the game already:we're already playing our game. We can get into combat with NPCs. We've got some cool rogue stuff in there already.
Maybe they're gonna throw a video of that up on the KS since everyone has been begging to see something tangible?
Great point.. I hope so, because you just cant say shit like that and not expect people to want to see it. That kind of stuff will lose people in a hurry. Thanks for trying to move this thread along.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
The problem with moving to Texas or Florida is living in Texas or Florida.
pfft.. dont want your ass down here unless its for target practice
smile.png
though will agree with Fla, to many yankees there.

On a serious note, this thing might actually get funded. Just looking at the Kicktraq, looks like Pantheon may end up with about 4000 backers. That would be $200 bucks a piece and when it starts getting crunch time many of the cult will start to really up there pledges. Say 1000 (1/4) move up to $500 that would be $500000 with 3000 backers left to fill up the rest. Its quite possible. (Though I will be staying at $45 so maybe my assumptions are wrong.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
They need to show footage with voice-over explaining what's going on, what they're building, that it's default assets, etc. Hell, they should have done that with the first video that showed 'in game' footage. If they do, it'll be an ugly behind-the-scenes sort of thing, not the pretty press-release screenshots, but it'll at least show they're working on things, have plans, design docs of some level, etc.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They need to show footage with voice-over explaining what's going on, what they're building, that it's default assets, etc. Hell, they should have done that with the first video that showed 'in game' footage. If they do, it'll be an ugly behind-the-scenes sort of thing, not the pretty press-release screenshots, but it'll at least show they're working on things, have plans, design docs of some level, etc.
I agree. I linked a SoA video Lord British did to Brad. Pretty much saying the exact same thing.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
Great point.. I hope so, becauseyou just cant say shit like that and not expect people to want to see it. That kind of stuff will lose people in a hurry. Thanks for trying to move this thread along.
exactly. People will start calling BS/same old Brad telling tales, etc. But I always imagine his team groaning every time he says stuff like that (more sleepless nights trying to get this stuff done lol).

I also thought the Enchanter update was cool. Especially this:there have been cases where Enchanters were able to tap deeper into the source for additional power, thus causing an overload which would lead the enemy to explode, damaging all around them. If the enemy is still mesmerized, then the Enchanter can redirect the blast to other enemies and avoid damaging allies. If it is not mesmerized then there will be dire consequences.

I read this to mean, as an enchanter, you can potentially cause damage to your group mates. If you don't learn your class or work on your skill, you screw everyone lol