Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Fedor

<Banned>
1JDwqSj.png

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I imagine it's fast becoming a stance of "alright what's our next step" rather than "what efforts will push us past the finish line." Realization has to be setting in and it's time to see how serious the team is about making Pantheon.

I imagine it's fast becoming a stance of "alright what's our next step" rather than "what efforts will push us past the finish line." Realization has to be setting in and it's time to see how serious the team is about making Pantheon.
What I hate is that they won't get any money to help those who don't have a paycheck. I hope they do continue working on this game. I think it easily has the potential to be awesome.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What I hate is that they won't get any money to help those who don't have a paycheck. I hope they do continue working on this game. I think it easily has the potential to be awesome.
They plan to push forward. Brad and Sal both mentioned they had some personal stuff to deal with. Probably part of it, but I'm thinking there were some team meets and work being done to get the KS updated ASAP. They have to be preparing for a final push with all this. I know it was in the works. Hopefully that's the case.. I'd rather them get the KS looking better before they do another round of interviews with people like Boogie.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
They plan to push forward. Brad and Sal both mentioned they had some personal stuff to deal with. Probably part of it, but I'm thinking there were some team meets and work being done to get the KS updated ASAP. They have to be preparing for a final push with all this. I know it was in the works. Hopefully that's the case.. I'd rather them get the KS looking better before they do another round of interviews with people like Boogie.
Convo, why have they been dead in the water this week? At this point of the project, with how funding has been going so far one of the team should be engaging in a Q & A with the community/backers every single day, whether that's here, the KS page, reddit, etc. They should be putting out something, anything that gives any sort of indication that work is ongoing. Or is it simply wait until this funds then the real work begins?

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
I feel like I deserve to be trolled for backing this.

Pantheon: Rise of the fallen Kickstarter
lol, well at least the KS page will live on foreverrrrrr..

How long does a project remain on Kickstarter?
Forever! Projects are not closed or taken down, they remain on site for reference and transparency.
For the same reasons, projects cannot be deleted, even if they were canceled or unsuccessful.
Please note that deleting your Kickstarter account will not delete your project.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Convo, why have they been dead in the water this week? At this point of the project, with how funding has been going so far one of the team should be engaging in a Q & A with the community/backers every single day, whether that's here, the KS page, reddit, etc. They should be putting out something, anything that gives any sort of indication that work is ongoing. Or is it simply wait until this funds then the real work begins?
I wish I knew.. I can't tell if they decided on a crunch and all got together to just work on content to push out or they really just had personal issues.. Which wouldn't excuse them all.. I know there are plans for reddit, update ks page, most likely another boogie interview.. Last I heard more concept art. They are definitely working on shit.. But one of them should of taking the KS over and did at least a QnA.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Are the personal issues all their wives insisting they stop bullshitting the general public and get real jobs? I don't want to say their personal issues better be really bad, but this is potential their future livelihoods at stake. Hopefully they're just bad at communicating again, because they're game developers, not people with an inherent need and ability to socialize and connect with others, and are nose-to-napkin trying to get something tangible to show off for the last week. If they can drop something real as proof they've been working, and it's not too terrible, it might be the 'why not' a lot of people on the fence need to get on board. Maybe they're being intentionally quiet to get everyone scared before dropping something amazing so it has even more of a 'welcome back' sort of vibe.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It could be anything. I don't want to make excuses for them. I'd like to think it has everything to do with Pantheon. If I had to guess, it did. They rolled out probably most of what they had. The information is out there. I think they just needed to write off a few days to get more content together. But I'm guessing based off a few things.. I think it will be much more obvious next week what they were doing.

Irongut_sl

shitlord
You can continue with your Happy Meal Business School Background retardation if you like but again it does not seem appropriate for this thread and you are certainly not someone who should be talking about anything as it relates to the operation of a business.
Look chump, this company is having trouble getting funded. Talking about ways to save them money is not "Happy Meal Business School Background retardation". Its common fucking sense. It might not be the best idea under the circumstances, but at this point they should be looking at everything.

tl;dr; Saving money is a good idea in business when margins are tight.

Graye_sl

shitlord
Those are not the same thing at all. We are their potential paying customers. We were Vanguards paying customers. In almost every other industry, if you talk to your paying customers the way Salim did, you are fired.
SOE has/had no qualms lying straight to the faces of their customers, why would any employee feel the need to display proper decorum or fear retribution/loss of job?

Shit.. They came right out and took a simple post of mine, banned me from SOE Live, the forums, and the game, claiming I was making threats to their employees... That came down from the top dog in CS. Over what? A reference to a class ability?

Yes, in a reputable company, such actions are against policy and an employee would be reprimanded.

Skim through the CS & dev posts on EQ2, EQ, LoN, etc... Salim's comments in the VG forums "hurt" because those playing were truly dedicated to the game. They are far from being out of character for many SOE employees on their forums.

Ever since they shifted from focusing on a fun game to sucking more money from people, they abandoned their "fair" treatment of customers. If you did side with the customers and treated them well to enhance their experience... you generally didn't last long.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not excusing the tone of any of them in their public dealings. I think that expecting them to have been courteous is akin to having a pleasant experience at the lost luggage counter. It happens, but it is not the norm nor will they get fired for having an attitude.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Look chump, this company is having trouble getting funded. Talking about ways to save them money is not "Happy Meal Business School Background retardation". Its common fucking sense. It might not be the best idea under the circumstances, but at this point they should be looking at everything.

tl;dr; Saving money is a good idea in business when margins are tight.
No. Sorry. You tried to sound smart by suggesting an idea you probably read in some book's first chapter. And now you look dumb. It happens, bro, time to just move on as most of us probably forgot how dumb you looked until you brought it back up.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Not true what TragedyAnn said, so you are right. From the Kickstarter FAQ:

There have been several failed projects already.

Kickstarter FAQ:Accountability on Kickstarter Kickstarter
Even so don't act like there is no accountability on kickstarter.

Example of kickstarter creator being sued and losing.

However, since they won't get funded it doesn't really matter, but if they did get the 800k they would be required to follow through if someone pushed the issue or they would have to file bankruptcy. It's fucking amazing that they have all put disappeared from the public eye. So much for all their hard work, Convo, seems to have the insider track on things but letting only one potential backer in on your super secret sauce plans doesn't help.

Sadly, Brad has a reputation of turtling up and going AWOL when shit starts to go south, even if that's not the case they should be public enough so nobody even gets that thought in their heads. It would be neat to think they have a ton of shit put together for the last week or so of this kickstarter but even if they came out with the best most amazing reveal that people were just shitting their pants in excitement over, could it really get funded at this point. Look again at the graph Fedor linked, when they got out of their shitty little caves and put something out they got some decent days, all others they are eating ass.

Irongut_sl

shitlord
No. Sorry. You tried to sound smart by suggesting an idea you probably read in some book's first chapter. And now you look dumb. It happens, bro, time to just move on as most of us probably forgot how dumb you looked until you brought it back up.
1JDwqSj.png

Making your dollar stretch is a terrible idea, said no one running a business ever.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its all about the # of backers. CROWD funding, amirite? This shit has not even got a chance. 2.6K peeps is a pittance. They should of got that the first week.