Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Bingo night, sundays @ 7pm. We might mix it up some nights with Go Fish instead. You know, spice it up.
Can we squeeze in some bed bath and beyond? Make a good weekend of it.

If I was Brad & Co. i'd be pledging money on a bad credit card just to get some momentum....I'm just seriously bummed, I've been searching games all day and dicking around on a few games trying to find something with staying power and i feel so empty! It wouldn't even be an issue since my my surgery is healed up and I can start playing basketball again except there isn't a fucking god damn gym in a town of 120,000 that is open past like 8pm and when it is open a bunch of little kids that A) don't understand basketball or B) can't handle "adult" basketball's physical roughness so i'm stuck convincing myself not to go back to FFXIV and trying to find a long time game.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Turbo-the team hasn't called it quits man. A failed KS won't be the end for them. Not even close.

Oort_sl

shitlord
Even if this game got funding to actually launch, chances for new MMO to survive past 12 months in the current MMO saturated market is fairly low. Any potential investors who do their research will realize they are better off playing high stakes black jack in Vegas than invest in a niche game.
Besides the challenge of getting start-up money, Brad's company will also be at a disadvantage of attracting and retaining talent on his team. I imagine better than average devs/game designers get picked up by major studios, even for short term contracts public company will have much better salary/benefits.
As much as everyone else, I miss the EverQuest experience. I also miss the 80's, being younger and vinyl records. After a while you just got to accept some experiences are thing of the past.

Crux_sl

shitlord
Even if this game got funding to actually launch, chances for new MMO to survive past 12 months in the current MMO saturated market is fairly low.
Just because you aren't the top grossing mmo, doesn't mean you are a failed game. There are plenty of mmo's "surviving".

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
pretty sure the failed kickstarter will basically scare off any potential Venture Capitalist and since there weren't any anyways this game just seems doomed by the curse of Brad.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Turbo-the team hasn't called it quits man. A failed KS won't be the end for them. Not even close.
I understand but looking at it from even a timeline stand point; failed KS will more then likely set it back even further and my level or patience only extends so far.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I understand but looking at it from even a timeline stand point; failed KS will more then likely set it back even further and my level or patience only extends so far.
Just wait another decade or two. We'll finally get what we want when we're all together in a big retirement home...

... Maybe. Actually, doubtful.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This KS should have been done 6 months to a year from now when they weren't a skeleton crew with nothing to show of the game.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This KS should have been done 6 months to a year from now when they weren't a skeleton crew with nothing to show of the game.
Perfect timinig would have been during the Vanguard shutdown. Did SOE announce the termination of service before the KS started?

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
From the KS-comments-section:

"We're still discussing what kind of funding to make available on our private site. Pretty sure we're going to do this, but we want to do it right. So I can't say all the tiers will be the same, but we are considering a similar setup, with more fleshed out options. Again -- hasn't been finalized but it's one of our big tasks we'll be doing over the next 13 days.
--Ben."

The Saga will continue...
smile.png

edit: Quin, no, was about 1 week into the KS i think.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Let me ask you this. If this fails to get enough interest to even get a measly $800k from KS who do you think will be willing to financially back them? This isn't a group of bored millionaires hanging out in Brad's garage. These are men who need jobs, paychecks, benefits etc. Men with families and careers to think about. Just how long do you think they can hang out at Brad's house before they need to be taking a serious look at getting a new job? You know damn well these guys are counting on this KS to succeed because they need to be earning. If they fail to get paid from KS you would have to be delusional to think they will all be sticking it out for the long run because of their devotion to a game that doesn't even exist.

Smart money says that when this KS dies so does Pantheon. I have my doubts about them being able to get more funding after that $800k as it is. Fail to get even that and I can't see any serious investor being interested in what Brad has to say. Sony isn't going to swoop in and save them this time.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I think the big problem, as I'm sure others have pointed out already... If the KS doesn't fund, much of the money that had been contributed to the KS won't be re-contributed on the private site without a great deal more scrutiny and skepticism.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think the big problem, as I'm sure others have pointed out already... If the KS doesn't fund, much of the money that had been contributed to the KS won't be re-contributed on the private site without a great deal more scrutiny and skepticism.
Yeah, maybe some of the more hardcore fans, but definitely not all that contributed to KS. What are they thinking anyways. KS failed so website will work?

Fuck, who am I kidding, after playing yet another modern mmo with quest grinding solo, TESO, Ill probably still contribute, lol.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah, maybe some of the more hardcore fans, but definitely not all that contributed to KS. What are they thinking anyways. KS failed so website will work?
Why not? Develop prototype with funding from website then do another KS. Its possible, at least if they get their stuff together and dont make the same glaring mistakes they have done up to now...