Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Grundge_sl

shitlord
From the website info, VR has 12 people working for them, including Brad. If they were smart they would pony up the rest of the money themselves. It's at $441,768 right now, so they all they need is somewhere around $358,000 to make goal. That isnt even $30,000 per person. Shouldnt be too hard for these guys to raise.

Kickstarter takes 5% and I think Amazon another 3% so lets say minus 8% and the $358,000 they would have donated themselves, they still end up with $378,000. This is just a rough estimate, but hey that's not a bad take if you ask me.

I really hope they do something like this. Those idiots who actually threw money that this guy for presenting just an idea of a game, deserve to lose their money.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
They cant do that, unless they use like their buddies or something.
From what I've read recently there is a way for them to have a rich buddy drop the remaining $360k, they collect the $800k - fees and pay him back the $360k. Of course they probably didn't research this any more than they have the actual game, so if they try this they'll set off multiple Amazon fraud alerts. Brad will end up in jail, and multipleChampionswill arrive to bail him out.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
From what I've read recently there is a way for them to have a rich buddy drop the remaining $360k, they collect the $800k - fees and pay him back the $360k. Of course they probably didn't research this any more than they have the actual game, so if they try this they'll set off multiple Amazon fraud alerts. Brad will end up in jail, and multipleChampionswill arrive to bail him out.
Sounds better than the game. Where can I donate?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
It's slowing gaining 10k backers. That's not suspicious at all, BradCo. I mean, there was obviously just so much interest in that tier that didn't fill up what, until 4 days ago?

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
It's slowing gaining 10k backers. That's not suspicious at all, BradCo. I mean, there was obviously just so much interest in that tier that didn't fill up what, until 4 days ago?
Well there it was full and then there was another $10,000 pledge which made it look like there was a 10k backer that didn't have his 10k pledge tier which is probably why they decided to remove the limits at this point. Either way it does at least seem to be giving them some momentum in the twilight hours. I would love to see this at least get to $500,000 to show that there was a half million dollars worth of support for this project.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I decided this is my dream game, and to pledge 350k to get it made. Sadly, I used the wrong rebate card from Corsair and it only had 10 bucks on it. But hey, everyone still pledged can't be upset because they DID pledge their support, so even though they may have assumed it would fail so just let their pledge ride, they can't be upset and the project still funds, even though BradCo only gets the 450k when my rebate card pledge bounces.

Why not, right?

Well, damn, it limits you to 10k now. I thought earlier in the project there wasn't that limit. Maybe it's a last few days thing, to prevent fraud?

Gonna take a lot of fake accounts to get this funded!

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I told myself not to get involved with the Kickstarter comments and I broke that rule. People are truly out of touch with reality in there, my fucking word.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Fun Fact. CanadinaXegony has almost 700 posts at Pjpantheon.com but didn't seem to realize that you're one it's staff members.
That's probably because I don't really hang around there anymore and never post. Amaru and Hannar pretty much run the show and Hannar in particular has immense dedication. The Kickstarter comment people are doing way more harm than any perceived trolls. Those ravenous fuckers are trolling the whole project and don't even realize it.

Edit: Trollface, All limits on all tiers are off which is yet another odd move that completely negates any early backer advantages initially promised.

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
That's probably because I don't really hang around there anymore and never post. Amaru and Hannar pretty much run the show and Hannar in particular has immense dedication. The Kickstarter comment people are doing way more harm than any perceived trolls. Those ravenous fuckers are trolling the whole project and don't even realize it.

Edit: Trollface, All limits on all tiers are off which is yet another odd move that completely negates any early backer advantages initially promised.
You still have a stickied thread right at the top of most popular forum page that everyone is should be aware of since you do kind of outline the forum rules there......

gogojira_sl

shitlord
You still have a stickied thread right at the top of most popular forum page that everyone is should be aware of since you do kind of outline the forum rules there......
True enough. It's irrelevant at this point though, they're all foaming at the mouth. You've got someone willing to setup numerous credit card accounts and pledge $10K across each to get it funded, then be reimbursed by the team as if that isn't going to set off any alerts at Kickstarter. I mean really, you've got commenters actively wanting to rig the fucking campaign and hose anyone contributing toward the goal of $800,000. It's psychotic.

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
True enough. It's irrelevant at this point though, they're all foaming at the mouth. You've got someone willing to setup numerous credit card accounts and pledge $10K across each to get it funded, then be reimbursed by the team as if that isn't going to set off any alerts at Kickstarter. I mean really, you've got commenters actively wanting to rig the fucking campaign and hose anyone contributing toward the goal of $800,000. It's psychotic.
I'm still hoping that it does fund without fraud but I don't think there is any real chance of it actually making it all of the way to $800,000. I would like to see it get to at least $500,000 just to show that there was a half million dollars worth of support for this game.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Has there been *anything* substantial from Brad since the second AMA (which failed)? I mean, he is the figurehead of this whole project, he should be the most visible, especially these last days...