Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
To those who responded to my posts on engines. I am not much of a techie (Although i know AoC and EQ2 are not UE). Despite this I can't help notice that the MMOs that look fantastic tend to be super hardware intensive. It does however look like ESO is amazing looking while still being playable on crap PCs.

However I will believe a MMO can use UE or some top tier engine while not being super hardware intensive when I see it. For example I tried Bioshock Infinite on my laptop, it played but the graphics were beyond shit. While hero engine SWTOR looked/ran fine for comparison.

As for Brads impossible dream , is he still soliciting twitter for possible investors? Perhaps brad has 1m+ to burn to make something decent to sell to publishers or KS? Dude must have made a huge amount on EQ.

Edit: Ill take your word on archeage since it's not in NA yet. Maybe MMOs will be able to have top engines and still play for the masses who knows?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
WoW lost me the moment they made the T2 Hunter Barney Suit.

Edit: That money ticker on brad.com is barely budging
frown.png

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Why wouldn't it be? Nobody even knows about the project any more and the team doesn't seem to give a shit (is there still a team?).There is absolutely no hype, nobody remembers it outside of hardcore MMO people, and the people making it barely budge are the same people that made it jump to $150K.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
They lost me when they said the initial money raised was for fucking back-pay. Back-pay for what, may I ask?

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
They lost me when they said the initial money raised was for fucking back-pay. Back-pay for what, may I ask?
Is this for real?

Brad took every opportunity he could to tout the fact that they were working pro bono. They still got blasted for supposedly 'working' for months with nothing to show, but they got off easy because that it wasn't costing investors any money.

Now they are turning around and taking the investment money that they did manage to secure to pay themselves for that period?

What.

A.

Fucking.

Joke.

Grundge_sl

shitlord
Is this for real?

Brad took every opportunity he could to tout the fact that they were working pro bono. They still got blasted for supposedly 'working' for months with nothing to show, but they got off easy because that it wasn't costing investors any money.

Now they are turning around and taking the investment money that they did manage to secure to pay themselves for that period?

What.

A.

Fucking.

Joke.
Um hello?? They drew a dragon lizard, made a map, an original calendar and now they have Pantheon stones!!1 Come on people, how could you not throw money at them?
rolleyes.png

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Yes. He said something about paying them industry standard for all the work they did. Which kind of goes against saying pro bono. Everyone's response was pretty much "what work?"
this really is getting pretty fucking sad, and i mean curt schilling sad. okay, so brad didn't cost the taxpayers millions of dollars, but i guaran-fucking-tee you he would if he could. the few things i've seen of the actual game looks like it could have been put together in less than a day...