Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Merlin_sl

shitlord
I don't think startups are his problem...actual work is.
smile.png
He doesn't mind work, long as its not actually him doing it. But everyone else, sure, cool with that.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I disagree. We currently have them on terrorism cruise control. They live in a constant state of fear and believe at any moment we will strike. They willfully allow Brad to take their freedom away (bans, paid forums, legal threats) while we sit back and watch.

Everyone has to remove their shoes at the airport because of one undetonated shoebomb.

DEAR NSA: THIS IS SATIRE

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Update.:.

Some changes are going on right now with the project. The important thing is that Pantheon is alive. We are moving ahead now with development, just with fewer people and at a slower pace. We are continuing to reach out to potential investors, so we can bring the project to its next important phase: having enough $$ to have an office and to make team members actual employees.

Previously the team were contractors (and the Founding team members are stock holders) because of the cost and overhead of having employees. Our hope when we significantly grow the team next is that the funding will be there to make people full employees.

So for the next couple of months, development IS going to move forward, but at a much slower pace as we re-group. We will be bringing on some new talent, and hopefully the original team will be willing and able to help where they can as well.

In the interim, any donations made at this point until further notice will be going directly to maintaining the website during this phase and supporting part-time development efforts by a much smaller team.

The primary use of funding coming in now is to keep us and the web site afloat and to pay as much as we can (likely not a lot) to people who are able and willing to help us building the game for the next 1-2 months. We want 1 or more new zones we can show, in addition to the one we already have, to both the community and potential investors. We also feel it's very important that Lore continues to be written and supported. That is where the bulk of the money will go. Again, the rest for the web site, attorney's fees (writing up NDAs and such), and other incidentals.

Lastly, and many/most of you know this already, but we posted a LOT of screenshots and one rough video of Pantheon on the official Pantheon Facebook site:https://www.facebook.com/pantheonrotf. This includes screenshots ranging from November 21, 2013 all the way to April 11th, 2014. We did this because we owe you, the community, and especially those who donated to this project, a detailed look at what we accomplished over that time period. If you haven't checked them out already, please do
smile.png
A more polished video is also in the works, probably 1-2 weeks away.

Pantheon lives on! This is a challenging time in the development process. But we and you have this dream, and that's to make Pantheon a reality, because we know in our hearts that this game needs to be made. We will get through this and I think things are getting better and more positive already. I am certainly commited to seeing this through.

kanak32_sl

shitlord
Update.:.

Some changes are going on right now with the project. The important thing is that Pantheon is alive. We are moving ahead now with development, just with fewer people and at a slower pace. We are continuing to reach out to potential investors, so we can bring the project to its next important phase: having enough $$ to have an office and to make team members actual employees.

Previously the team were contractors (and the Founding team members are stock holders) because of the cost and overhead of having employees. Our hope when we significantly grow the team next is that the funding will be there to make people full employees.

So for the next couple of months, development IS going to move forward, but at a much slower pace as we re-group. We will be bringing on some new talent, and hopefully the original team will be willing and able to help where they can as well.

In the interim, any donations made at this point until further notice will be going directly to maintaining the website during this phase and supporting part-time development efforts by a much smaller team.

The primary use of funding coming in now is to keep us and the web site afloat and to pay as much as we can (likely not a lot) to people who are able and willing to help us building the game for the next 1-2 months. We want 1 or more new zones we can show, in addition to the one we already have, to both the community and potential investors. We also feel it's very important that Lore continues to be written and supported. That is where the bulk of the money will go. Again, the rest for the web site, attorney's fees (writing up NDAs and such), and other incidentals.

Lastly, and many/most of you know this already, but we posted a LOT of screenshots and one rough video of Pantheon on the official Pantheon Facebook site:https://www.facebook.com/pantheonrotf. This includes screenshots ranging from November 21, 2013 all the way to April 11th, 2014. We did this because we owe you, the community, and especially those who donated to this project, a detailed look at what we accomplished over that time period. If you haven't checked them out already, please do
smile.png
A more polished video is also in the works, probably 1-2 weeks away.

Pantheon lives on! This is a challenging time in the development process. But we and you have this dream, and that's to make Pantheon a reality, because we know in our hearts that this game needs to be made. We will get through this and I think things are getting better and more positive already. I am certainly commited to seeing this through.
That's so sleazy.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
We also feel it's very important that Lore continues to be written and supported. That is where the bulk of the money will go. Again, the rest for the web site, attorney's fees (writing up NDAs and such), and other incidentals.
Good thing Brad got his priorities straight.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
In the three years I actively played WoW I think I read maybe two or three questlines. I did read the lore building up to WoW. That shit was gold.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Answers I got from two different interviews with Brad- These are direct answers from him and not my personal opinion. Hopefully some of this is new information, I believe it is.

The development- Looking for a Unity designer to further develop the demo. New Kickstarter or Indigogo attempt could be made if this demo gets polished. The goal of the new crowd funding would be to gain enough money to build more systems and get the product out to potential investors. Amount of the new project would be much smaller than the 800k original goal.

The money- It's widely agreed upon by all parties that this project took in roughly 145 thousand dollars. A large chunk of that money, 35k, came from a single individual who promised another couple hundred thousand once he cleared it with his trust. Brad was having personal problems at the time and needed to take a cash advance from the project. He took roughly three months pay in advance which equaled roughly 38% of the funds that were left. Brad thought the rest of the money would come in, but the trust supervisor declined without even looking into the project. Reason being, he didn't want to be sued if the start up failed. Brad admits that it was a mistake and wishes things worked out differently but the money is spent and there isn't anything he can do. He then went on to express that he was sorry for how it happened and is planning on liquidating personal assets to put the funds back into the project.

The past- Brad sees that many people are clamoring about the money he made before and why he is suddenly broke. He elaborated by saying, yes he made a lot of money with Everquest, but he also lost a great deal of money in the stock market in 2007. He went on to say that he has assets worth money, but no cash to his name.

The future- Going forward Brad is looking for talented video editors to make his raw footage look more appealing. I offered my services which would include getting my hands on the build itself and shooting my own footage. I hope he agrees to my terms, because I think I can get something nice out of it from what I've seen. The Unity developer is perhaps the most important step going forward. Without someone to make new zones, there is little to show off on a new kickstarter. Much attention is going towards this goal as well as continuing to find investors.

Fedor

<Banned>
He elaborated by saying, yes he made a lot of money with Everquest, but he also lost a great deal of money in the stock market in 2007.
That's what he gets for speculating. He would have made back all of that money and much more if he had just stayed the course in a total stock market index fund.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The money- It's widely agreed upon by all parties that this project took in roughly 145 thousand dollars. A large chunk of that money, 35k, came from a single individual who promised another couple hundred thousand once he cleared it with his trust.Brad was having personal problems at the time and needed to take a cash advance from the project.He took roughly three months pay in advance which equaled roughly 38% of the funds that were left. Brad thought the rest of the money would come in, but the trust supervisor declined without even looking into the project. Reason being, he didn't want to be sued if the start up failed. Brad admits that it was a mistake and wishes things worked out differently but the money is spent and there isn't anything he can do. He then went on to express that he was sorry for how it happened and is planning on liquidating personal assets to put the funds back into the project.
That's ....

fucked up