Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

kudos

<Banned>
I'm glad lore is taking #1 priority. Every one knows you spend all your money on the guys who write the lore and pay your artists and animators scraps.

kanak32_sl

shitlord
Jesus, all those quotes were Brad's best ideas for smoothing things over. Imagine how bad the reality of the situation must be if he's willing to say that he took "some" money for personal problems. The man is a fucking thief.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
rrr_img_65975.jpg

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love how he kept saying this is business for the reason he had to let the devs go. Haha

iannis

Musty Nester
Because it was all gifts. If you donated you donated directly to his personal account.

He apparently didn't have enough sense to incorporate, but he apparently did have enough sense not to admit any partners into his Bradco. Those 10 guys writing lore were contractors. And as startlingly slipshod as this entire thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if their contract was written in crayon on a napkin.

As vile as it is, it is only an abuse of trust. There never was anything that even resembled a contract for him to breach when it comes to his apprentice bradtards. When it comes to his "team"... I dunno. I still think half of them were in on it except for the two schmucks that actually tried to do some work. Brad just didn't split the kit the way they thought he would.

I'm sure the IRS could fuck him if they decide to audit him. But that'll never happen. Audit a slumdog millionaire for bilking idiots out of 150k? There are real problems in the world.

spronk

FPS noob
haha i love the idea of some trust fund retard (and I mean probably a LITERAL retard) giving brad $35k and his Ben Stein accountant putting a stop to another $200k going Brad's way

this shit is like gold for a movie

there will definitely be tax implications here. nowadays more than $10k can't move around electronically without it getting reported to the IRS. I would bet Brad didn't set anything up correctly and if a couple mad "donors" report his ass to the IRS hotline they will definitely check his returns carefully next year.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
haha i love the idea of some trust fund retard (and I mean probably a LITERAL retard) giving brad $35k and his Ben Stein accountant putting a stop to another $200k going Brad's way

lawl.

Like some Chris Chan looking rich kid stomping around his room yelling at his parents "Bwad is gonna make me a vibbeo game! My own ebba qwess!"

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
As Iannis said; there was no incorporation, so it's not embezzlement. The only hick up in his plan is that a single donation of 35k exceeds the 13k limit on gifts, but more than likely the giver will be responsible since a money manager is doing it. However, he could just say that the money was for some kind of service (With Brad as the sole proprietor); and then Brad can cancel it out with wage losses, or he might not even need to do that depending on his deductible obligations. The point is, it's not much and he can claim it numerous ways without taxation (And since a trust fund manager is handling it, I assume this is being done). Long and short, since the funding is all split up--it's gifts. They are HIS gifts, because it never went towards an incorporated business, to.

What I can't believe is that he thinks 55k is three months salary for a start up. I know Frenzic said he thinks he got that wrong, but if that's the actual amount that's shocking even for how bad this is.

there will definitely be tax implications here. nowadays more than $10k can't move around electronically without it getting reported to the IRS. I would bet Brad didn't set anything up correctly and if a couple mad "donors" report his ass to the IRS hotline they will definitely check his returns carefully next year.
Naa; the only money that even needs to be reported is the 35k, and he doesn't have any other income, that's so easy to zero out a child could do it. Also, if it's a straight up gift, the giver is probably going to take responsibility for the taxes because of certain record keeping needs.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Naa; the only money that even needs to be reported is the 35k, and he doesn't have any other income, that's so easy to zero out a child could do it.
Are we talking about Brad the brilliant accountant or Brad the brilliant MMO visionary here?

Man, it would be an incredible fictional novel. A man lucksacks his way into a wildly profitable Internet business. He gets rich and decides to go it alone again. Corporate intrigue sabotages his second project which gets bailed out by an old friend. He's living on easy street after this second "success" which nets him even more cash as he devolves into a drug and alcohol binge that takes him to the depths of depression. After realizing he can't hold a job in his state, he gets an investor friend to put all his money in a fool-proof plan to make money on mortgage-backed securities just in time for the Great Recession. He crawls back to his original employer but is outclassed by all the new hipsters who don't respect a veteran of the industry. He decides to strike out on his own using this new crowd funding system that several of his contemporaries have used to make small fortunes. After getting a small amount of funding, a loved one falls seriously ill and he is forced to make a choice: take some of the money from his fledgling company to save his beloved or hold on to the faith that the project will succeed like his original project did 15 years earlier. He chooses the fast money and wrecks everything. He's audited by IRS, nailed for drug possession, and ends up spending time in federal prison on several different charges. Meanwhile, one of the other members of the new project offers to buy him out of it for a small sum, which he takes. The project then goes on to be a tremendous success.

Doesn't that sound like an amazing plot? Man, I wish I had time to write something like this.