Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sooo, where is Brad? Whats his position on these latest developments? I mean, its his game&dev team, isnt it? Every supporter counts and all that...?

Canadian_sl

shitlord
One thing you can be certain of is the cult is becoming more ideologically pure. B-Rad better hope they continue to view him as an extension of their faith. Getting scary up over there!

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
100% BS. You must have a bad memory Merlin. I also built a brand new rig for VG, I spent over 3g not including monitor. I had dual Gtx 8800 cards in sli that cost $600 a pop. My computer was probably better then the ones the dev team themselves were using. The game ran like shit, falling through the world, chunk crashing, It was near unplayable. I'm pretty sure even the coders at sony have confirmed the code was a big steamy pile. I honestly liked the game but the game ran soooo bad
8800's where the card that had the crashing problem. i had some old ATI card and i think i may have crashed like 2-3 times maybe? I fell through the world once and that was when i was trying to scale a mountain. Other then the framerate not being very good. I ran them game pretty well. I didnt have any crashing problems though.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
rrr_img_69520.jpg

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're not far off at all. The new guys along with the new promotions, have completely segregated the team. The old team, who put in countless hours, is now inferior and unneeded so they are being given less role and less influence. It's gotten to the point where unless you're Kyndread, Multi or the god team, you're a nothing on the team and your opinion doesn't matter. That puts Canadina, Blueeyedgator, Nirrtix and max63 in the dark and on the replace list. Don't be surprised if you see more of them leave in the near future. Canadina was the oldest standing mod and she was tossed aside like rotten meat. As soon as Kyndread and Multi were promoted, they started to censor her and tell her to step back and behave. Brad doesn't have many followers as it is and yet he lets this kind of thing happen because he's too oblivious or stoned to give a shit. Well played Pantheon.
This is exactly what I meant when I asked the question on how everyone feels about being expendable. That's what none of these people realize until the end. They are not important, they are simply a 'fan' that Brad is using to try to get better people on board. These people are getting duped and it's plain as day.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
100% BS. You must have a bad memory Merlin. I also built a brand new rig for VG, I spent over 3g not including monitor. I had dual Gtx 8800 cards in sli that cost $600 a pop. My computer was probably better then the ones the dev team themselves were using. The game ran like shit, falling through the world, chunk crashing, It was near unplayable. I'm pretty sure even the coders at sony have confirmed the code was a big steamy pile. I honestly liked the game but the game ran soooo bad
I'm not disputing the code was garbage, but for the most part, I honestly didn't have that many problems. I have no idea why. Maybe it was the zones I played in or the times I played, I have no idea. But I rarely crashed or fell through the world or had many problems. Sure, it happened, but not to the extent that most people were experiencing. But I played from early beta to about three months after release and my whole guild quit and I lost my motivation so I left for about two years.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm not disputing the code was garbage, but for the most part, I honestly didn't have that many problems. I have no idea why. Maybe it was the zones I played in or the times I played, I have no idea. But I rarely crashed or fell through the world or had many problems. Sure, it happened, but not to the extent that most people were experiencing. But I played from early beta to about three months after release and my whole guild quit and I lost my motivation so I left for about two years.
You're one of the lucky few then. I had a top of the line computer (for the time) and had several CTD's every time I played. Not to mention the frame rate was terrible, as was the chunking. I remember having to constantly do the /flush bullshit every half hour or so. I liked the game for the few months I played it, but it truly did run like absolute shit. And I had zero problems playing any other games with my rig at that time. Even Crysis ran silky smooth on my computer.

Remit_sl

shitlord
I also didnt have much problems with VG in beta or release. FPS sucked, but no technical issues other than some d/cs from chunking occasionally.

I think SLI would have been a major headache at that time especially for a poorly coded game. Shit i remember reading a post that Brad was testing on XP 64-bit.... Obviously there were issues but some of us played just fine.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I didn't have many problems with VG either during beta or release beyond low FPS in certain areas, but i attributed that to not having a top of the line computer or video card at the time.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the more i think about it, the more i think i would like to play a bible based MMO, sure you wouldnt be able to call someone a fuckstick over general chat, but then again you really cant say those things in game anyway. the mobs and player races might be a little boring however (white humans fighting demon jews) and some of the classes could use some work. my lv 33 carpenter died at the raid because one of my guildies was out farming 30 pieces of silver! at least he had a 3 day rez timer.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
the more i think about it, the more i think i would like to play a bible based MMO, sure you wouldnt be able to call someone a fuckstick over general chat, but then again you really cant say those things in game anyway. the mobs and player races might be a little boring however (white humans fighting demon jews) and some of the classes could use some work. my lv 33 carpenter died at the raid because one of my guildies was out farming 30 pieces of silver! at least he had a 3 day rez timer.
Yeah, but it wouldn't be all that original, it would probably steal some mechanics from other games such as cure disease, walk on water, create food and drink.......

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, but it wouldn't be all that original, it would probably steal some mechanics from other games such as cure disease, walk on water, create food and drink.......
actually that is eerily close to the eq shaman class which i did play for 5 years. i could summon food, levitate, cure poisons and diseases and later i got rez.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
This is exactly what I meant when I asked the question on how everyone feels about being expendable. That's what none of these people realize until the end. They are not important, they are simply a 'fan' that Brad is using to try to get better people on board. These people are getting duped and it's plain as day.
This is enough for a lot of people to feel fulfilled, sadly. Add in any amount of star power or profile, and damaged people will line up to volunteer to be the people who got stepped on helping that name-you-may-have-heard-before make it to that next step up in life. Ugly human nature that people will subconsciously, and often consciously, volunteer to live vicariously through another person, even when it took being shit on to help that person attain the life the suckers get to live vicariously through.

iannis

Musty Nester
I didn't have many problems with VG either during beta or release beyond low FPS in certain areas, but i attributed that to not having a top of the line computer or video card at the time.
I think you had to have been like the 1 guy.

I bought a new computer right around when Vanguard was in beta. It wasn't specifically for Vanguard, but sure Vanguard was one consideration that went into it.

That game ran horribly. It was shocking how badly it ran. We all knew it was amateur hour -- because he was hiring a lot of first timers. What we didn't think about, or realize, that the philosophy extended to every position. Even the guys who wrote his engine. There were lengthy threads on old-foh and the beta boards about how, at a purely technical level -- we're not even talking about arbitrary game mechanics, Vanguard was just a poorly designed clusterfuck.

And maybe some of that had to do with cross-platform aspirations. But if it ran that poorly on a freshly built computer, I seriously doubt that it would have even been stable on the Xbox. Which is why they pulled his funding. I doubt they cared that much if it was a "good game"... but that shit didn't even work.

Canadian_sl

shitlord
I see the endgame raid defending workers as they hurry to complete the Temple. Waves of Pharisees and Romans attack culminating in a direct attack by Herod and Pilot. Once those guys are down no less than Satan rises from both. Only problem is once Satan is down and the temple built your whole raid ascends to heaven and the game is done.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I see the endgame raid defending workers as they hurry to complete the Temple. Waves of Pharisees and Romans attack culminating in a direct attack by Herod and Pilot. Once those guys are down no less than Satan rises from both. Only problem is once Satan is down and the temple built your whole raid ascends to heaven and the game is done.
Nah. That would be the final raid of the main game, but the second coming would be an expansion and Jesus would need help fighting off zombies, I'm sure.