Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Arcee_sl

shitlord
if they are remaking everquest, dont they need some kind of permission from sony? i mean i know they are changing the name, but at some point doesnt the zone layouts, classes and models start breaking the copyrights if its too close to eq?
The 3D models in the character selection screen are generic ones bought from the Unity 3D asset store.

Necromancer:Asset Store
Sorceress:Asset Store
Warrior:Asset Store
(couldn't find the lizardman, maybe that's a creation of their own)

I guess these are just temporary stand-in models, which will be replaced once they... i dunno.

I was looking forward to see the "Taurokian" model (Asset Store) in future screenshot updates, but apparently he's been removed from the list of playable races. I assume it was the horns.

EDIT: It seems i got the species completely wrong with regards to the Lizardman, my apologies. Behold: the dreadedRatkin Warlord Warrior

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
d5tatMn.jpg

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
The 3D models in the character selection screen are generic ones bought from the Unity 3D asset store.

I guess these are just temporary stand-in models, which will be replaced once they... i dunno.

I was looking forward to see the "Taurokian" model (Asset Store) in future screenshot updates, but apparently he's been removed from the list of playable races. I assume it was the horns.
They may be placeholders or whatever you want to call them but I don't like seeing videos with these assets standing right in the middle of everything. It just makes it more amateurish than it already is... Seriously, I can't think of any of the other guys that have pulled this kind of stuff off that has done this.. I still stand by my original statements. If you guys are really wanting to pull people to this game and get support, you're really going to have to make this separate Pantheon from the perception that this is being made by a bunch of high school kids playing in Unity in their spare time.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Who the fuck do these unity store guys think they are? Blatantly stealing pantheons hard work. This some fucked up shit. Those champions, I mean assistant developers, err full team of well paid developers, worked hard on the content in those screen shots.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Also, fix the banner on the web site. It really dates the web site unnecessarily. If you are going to overhaul the website, at least make it look like it is from our time period.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hey everybody! We just posted some new screenshots of the current build over at the site. Come check them out and let us know what you all think. Thanks.

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen
Great use of imported unity assets! Did the funds to buy them come from donations or did you guys sucker someone into buying them with their own money?

Are there any pantheon screenshots that aren't of stock unity assets?

Ceder_sl

shitlord

But just the sheer fact that kyn tried to pass that crap off as work by the "team" to me shows the shystering that the cult of brad continues to attempt. As I've been saying, they know exactly what they're doing in continuing to perpetuate this fraud and its going to bite them in the long run.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
in all fairness, its no secret that these guys are fiddling with unity and making fancy screencaps, but the way its arranged has an eq clone vibe. i have no problems with the software tools they are stuck with due to their boss snorting up most of the funds, but i do have issue with them making eq looking landscapes. seems very tacky

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Just circled back to this. Looks like I still have one "smoking gun" to debunk.

Looks entirely organic to me. If there's any evidence of anybody botting nets to any noteworthy extent here, I don't see it.

Also, on the topic of the guests from the images, note that when a client requests an attachment directly, the google analytics js doesn't get sent, so none of those requests would have shown up on any page statistics that ever got thrown around. They did drive organic traffic to some extent though, in that the more links from other sites that your site has, the more likely it is to show up on a search result.
I think he was talking about the firefox macro Tyen made for her that a few of us had fun with before nets disappeared temporarily. It wasn't a bot, it was a macro script that searched the page for a jpeg, that simple.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Hey everybody! We just posted some new screenshots of the current build over at the site. Come check them out and let us know what you all think. Thanks.

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen
This could turn it around for Pantheon...

EDIT: It seems i got the species completely wrong with regards to the Lizardman, my apologies. Behold: the dreadedRatkin Warlord Warrior
I guess I could see them developing their own models at a later date, but when they already tried passing some of the Unity stock models off as "pre-Alpha" screens when the KS first came out, my bullshit meter starts to peg out.

Someone could probably make a compelling argument that they never claimed the stock assets were their own work to begin with, but then again I don't remember them ever saying"we didn't make those models, BTW", only"look at the progress we've made!". It doesn't matter to me if it's an innocent oversight or them trying to play a blatant shellgame, it still gives off the same kind of vibe regardless.

pointyboot

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So Brad just posted to Facebook that they are improving character animations. I can only assume they plan to go live with Unity assets.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This could turn it around for Pantheon...

I guess I could see them developing their own models at a later date, but when they already tried passing some of the Unity stock models off as "pre-Alpha" screens when the KS first came out, my bullshit meter starts to peg out.

Someone could probably make a compelling argument that they never claimed the stock assets were their own work to begin with, but then again I don't remember them ever saying"we didn't make those models, BTW", only"look at the progress we've made!". It doesn't matter to me if it's an innocent oversight or them trying to play a blatant shellgame, it still gives off the same kind of vibe regardless.
Yeah using the unity shit until real art assets come along isn't really the problem, it's just that the best thing in those screenshots is stuff they bought for $15. Everything substantial that I've seen has questionable association to Pantheon. Even their website background of the beautiful docks
5b9e696d9738a2680a369feaf9868eb0_large.jpg

iirc is just some shit one of the artists that got associated with the project created long before the project was conceptualized. From what I remember they have zero intent on making it part of their game.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was a JP Targate piece.. They did plan to recreate that work in game tho. There was even lore created for it I believe.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the name, found that piece here:
JP Targete | Concept Designer | Character Designer | Creature Designer | Science Fiction Fantasy Artist

I think I found the 'lore' for it here:
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Wikis Profile - Hydrona
Is there anything indicating the artist is ready and willing to contribute more and is happy they're using his art?

It's just like using the unity assets in the marketing. It looks like they have a talented artist on their staff when the truth is they just bummed some art somewhere and are reusing it.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
The ship scene was the one that got forced into Pantheon. Brad had the same artist create it for another MMO that he never finished. When people complained about Pantheon not having shit all of anything, that became official Pantheon art.

Raidan_EQ_sl

shitlord
Another update today from Brad on official site:

Game update 6/27: Things are proceeding very well. We now have a world server running all of the time and two zone servers. And you can zone from an outdoor area into a dungeon/cave. The lore team is also hard at work on a world map. We've also started to code the windows tool that will allow game designers to create NPCs, items, encounter tables, quests, etc. I am very happy with the progress this team is making!

The character animations are MUCH better than as depicted in the last movie, but we still want to do a little tidying up. We should have another movie for you all by end of next week, hopefully sooner. In the meantime please enjoy a new bunch of screenshots showing both outdoors and the dungeon/cave.

NOTE: these were posted on this site earlier, but you can see higher resolution versions on our FB page -- please check them out!

https://www.facebook.com/pantheonrot...type=1&theater