Parent Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Our 8 month old is getting his top 4 middle teeth all at once.
That's good man. My kid is 14 months old and still only had 8 teeth. And they all came one at a time, spread over 8 weeks.

Speaking of the dude he started saying momma and dada, just not at us yet. Also he says Yeah a lot which makes me laugh because he says it at inappropriate moments like he's responding.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
We have one of our kids off one of two medications for the summer to gain weight. He's eating like a champ for a change, and gaining weight, but there's no question but that the medication is a necessary thing for the school year. It isn't merely that we're frustrated with him, he gets pissed at himself because he knows he's not controlling himself, but he's not able to alter his behaviour. It's a really shitty thing to watch.
Yeah. I know I'm a sensitive pussy now that I have kids, but that look on her face when you ask her to explain why she did something, it crushes me. It's confusion, like she doesn't know how to explain it to you but she really wants to, and she is so hard on herself.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah. I know I'm a sensitive pussy now that I have kids, but that look on her face when you ask her to explain why she did something, it crushes me. It's confusion, like she doesn't know how to explain it to you but she really wants to, and she is so hard on herself.
Nah, you're just a parent, nothing about being a pussy.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's good man. My kid is 14 months old and still only had 8 teeth. And they all came one at a time, spread over 8 weeks.

Speaking of the dude he started saying momma and dada, just not at us yet. Also he says Yeah a lot which makes me laugh because he says it at inappropriate moments like he's responding.
Ours is saying mama and dada and nana but I think it's more babbling than anything. Also he started crawling today which is an entirely new experience for us because our daughter never crawled, she just went straight to walking.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ours is saying mama and dada and nana but I think it's more babbling than anything. Also he started crawling today which is an entirely new experience for us because our daughter never crawled, she just went straight to walking.
We had the Lieutenant Dan as I called it, he would just drag his limp body across the floor. Then he did power crawling for like 2 weeks and said 'fuck it, gonna walk'

Been a nightmare ever since because now we have the full drunk man running shit.

Yesterday his feet went straight out from under him and he fell backwards hard onto our tile floor right on his head. Thought he cracked his skull. Wouldn't stop crying for like 10 minutes, then I put on his favorite music video and he was laughing it up and enjoying life.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
then I put on his favorite music video and he was laughing it up and enjoying life.
This is my parenting strategy.

5yo & 3yo both got up at 5.30 this morning and were asking to be entertained. My wife didn't sleep well and started yelling at them. I hung out with them for ~30 minutes and then handed them their kindle fire Kids and told them to hang out in their room until mom got up.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
We had the Lieutenant Dan as I called it, he would just drag his limp body across the floor. Then he did power crawling for like 2 weeks and said 'fuck it, gonna walk'

Been a nightmare ever since because now we have the full drunk man running shit.

Yesterday his feet went straight out from under him and he fell backwards hard onto our tile floor right on his head. Thought he cracked his skull. Wouldn't stop crying for like 10 minutes, then I put on his favorite music video and he was laughing it up and enjoying life.
Has your little guy run flat into the wall yet? All I could do was stare at him and give him a WTF was that!? look. Ran full steam straight into the wall. He bounced off and landed on his ass then just got up and continued playing. Goofiest shit ever.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not my kid but my dog ran full speed into the front of our couch. She just laid down and went to sleep. I actually thought she killed herself

We got a serious case of diaper rash. Both cheeks, crack, hole, around nutsack. Diaper changes are insane. To hold him down I have to lay my full 240 pounds into him or else he can overpower us. Wife is asking me to work from home tomorrow to help deal with it. Plus he keeps shitting like 4 times a day this week. Killlll me

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
spackle everything and it will resolve. I'd also give him some Motrin or inflammation and pain assuming he is old enough (>6months). 10mg/kg.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Not my kid but my dog ran full speed into the front of our couch. She just laid down and went to sleep. I actually thought she killed herself

We got a serious case of diaper rash. Both cheeks, crack, hole, around nutsack. Diaper changes are insane. To hold him down I have to lay my full 240 pounds into him or else he can overpower us. Wife is asking me to work from home tomorrow to help deal with it. Plus he keeps shitting like 4 times a day this week. Killlll me
His ass needs to have that a spackle of diaper cream 24/7

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
He has had some very angry diaper rashes as well and it really is hell changing his diaper. We alternate applying Earth Mama Baby Butt Balm and Desitin with diaper changes and that helps clear it up pretty quick. As you well know my ass issues the past year I fully sympathize with a baby that has a diaper rash. That shit is just horrific for everyone.

And we are now raising a monkey. Kid has started climbing up shit.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
2 of my 3 have had diaper rash from hell right before they finished potty training. I'm talking blisters and open sores. Had to get a prescription for medicated cream and then tons of desitin over the top. Crazy thing was it didn't seem to phase them but my god it looked bad.

On another front, my son (month shy of 6) was diagnosed with ADHD and borderline Oppositional Defiance Disorder. The second one is our fault from us not parenting correctly with his issues, so that makes us feel like terrible parents. It's frustrating because I was the same exact same way but my parents never got me the help. I was just a 'daydreamer' and 'just being a boy' so you think I could connect with him through the shared experience but duh kids don't think that way. He also has an issue where he holds his poop in until he can't hold it any longer and poops his pants a bit. I've found that it usually happens when he doesn't want to stop playing to take the time to go in.

It's a terrible feeling knowing that you might have screwed your kid up. We're trying a new system of rewarding positive results for one behavior we're trying to fix at a time. We'll see how the other issues fair with the ADHD medication. Should get the prescription soon.

Sorry for the vent. Been holding it in a long time... like my son and his poop heh...

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It's a terrible feeling knowing that you might have screwed your kid up.
The one thing I have learned so far in only 15 years of parenting is that no matter what you think something will change. You don't know if it will change for the better or for the worse but something is going to change. My daughter was the sweetest angel growing up and right now is a damn trainwreck. My son was a trainwreck at 6 and now doesn't have a problem other than he doesn't get straight A's because he doesn't apply himself so he has some B's.

I have seen the best parents I can think of turn out some of the shittiest kids and vice versa. My 3 siblings are so beyond different you wouldn't think we all came from the same family.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So the New England Elite football camp was the week of the 4th at Bentley University here in Massachusetts. (No Division 1 schools to my knowledge). My son attended, and did VERY well. We got our 1st two recruiters from D2 schools inquiring about what he is looking for in football! He's in the 9th grade. 3.9 GPA so we will obviously be polite and respond, but wait a couple years to see where things are. My boy may have just saved me 200 grand!!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
2 of my 3 have had diaper rash from hell right before they finished potty training. I'm talking blisters and open sores. Had to get a prescription for medicated cream and then tons of desitin over the top. Crazy thing was it didn't seem to phase them but my god it looked bad.
Thankfully it's all cleared up now, but a few days there it was really rough. We had the open sores as well. The diaper rash was bad enough but he decided to shit like 3 or 4 times a day during this period so it made it hell with all the wiping.

Also he's been doing this thing where he grabs his ass/dick during diaper changes and laughs hysterically despite us telling him "NO!" It's... gross.. I mean that's the best way I can describe it.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I would advise about been careful about that one Brahma. Most college football graduates that don't make it on the NFL are left with what, a communications degree? Make sure he gets a good major.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Thankfully it's all cleared up now, but a few days there it was really rough. We had the open sores as well. The diaper rash was bad enough but he decided to shit like 3 or 4 times a day during this period so it made it hell with all the wiping.

Also he's been doing this thing where he grabs his ass/dick during diaper changes and laughs hysterically despite us telling him "NO!" It's... gross.. I mean that's the best way I can describe it.
Don't tell him no. It'll stop once you stop reacting to it. Though now with my 3yo it's "stop shaking your penis after you pee!", so I can't really say I live by that advice.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

On another front, my son (month shy of 6) was diagnosed with ADHD and borderline Oppositional Defiance Disorder. The second one is our fault from us not parenting correctly with his issues, so that makes us feel like terrible parents. It's frustrating because I was the same exact same way but my parents never got me the help. I was just a 'daydreamer' and 'just being a boy' so you think I could connect with him through the shared experience but duh kids don't think that way. He also has an issue where he holds his poop in until he can't hold it any longer and poops his pants a bit. I've found that it usually happens when he doesn't want to stop playing to take the time to go in.

It's a terrible feeling knowing that you might have screwed your kid up. We're trying a new system of rewarding positive results for one behavior we're trying to fix at a time. We'll see how the other issues fair with the ADHD medication. Should get the prescription soon.

Sorry for the vent. Been holding it in a long time... like my son and his poop heh...
I deal with a lot of the same shit. You didn't screw him up, shit just happens. Literally, sometimes.