Parent Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I could've said she gracefully and beautifully gave birth in a celebration of love and life but it wasn't that. Not even close

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Normal. Just some resentment

Yeah I know it's normal, just hard when you got a pregnant wife who is all hormonal and her kid is saying I don't like mommy. At least I can hang the threat of Santa not coming because he's not being nice to mommy over his head.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's still pretty shitty to say. My oldest is 2.5 and he doesnt say it but he definitely portrays that same thought. I tell her it's because I work all day and he misses me but it doesn't really help.

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's still pretty shitty to say. My oldest is 2.5 and he doesnt say it but he definitely portrays that same thought. I tell her it's because I work all day and he misses me but it doesn't really help.

My son is a daddy's boy. I'm clearly his favorite. Other times he'll be really lovey towards my wife. He gets hurt and he'll go to her for comfort, out of the blue he'll say I love you mommy. So its not constant dickish behavior all the time. I asked him once why he says he doesn't like mommy and he said its because she doesn't play with me. He doesn't understand she's pregnant, she can't exactly get on the floor and play with him.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My son is a daddy's boy. I'm clearly his favorite. Other times he'll be really lovey towards my wife. He gets hurt and he'll go to her for comfort, out of the blue he'll say I love you mommy. So its not constant dickish behavior all the time. I asked him once why he says he doesn't like mommy and he said its because she doesn't play with me. He doesn't understand she's pregnant, she can't exactly get on the floor and play with him.
Man you basically described our entire situation

Are u me

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We've for the most part gotten her to stop but my 3 year old daughter used to say I don't love you anymore! Whenever she got mad. Usually to her older brother, but sometimes to an adult.

Agreed toddlers are dicks.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Babies are like exotic pets - they just eat, sleep, and shit.
Toddlers are dicks.
Then you get a few years when they think you're awesome, and want nothing more than to hang out with you and love you.
Then they become surly teenagers whose greatest ambition is to sleep.

I hope having adult children is awesome. It's a heck of a lot of work to get them to adulthood. I just want to enjoy these people.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
My wife and I never yell at her or hit, but we clearly express our displeasure with a firm voice. She cries when we do that and says we're yelling.
Man, with all due respect, reading posts like this is like reading someone say "How can I find information on the internet? I dont use search engines".

Heres the deal. Kids need to be yelled at and even spanked sometimes. The key is, you do it really, really, really rarely. When you do it, they cry. Thats not a bug. Its a feature. We arent here to be our kids friends, we're here to train them how to be adults. You dont get there without a couple yelling ats and a couple spankings.

If youre doing it right, you spank them once or twice and yell at them once or twice. They know youre serious, and you never have to do it again.

My best tactic with my 3 old these days, who is going through a defiant phase, is I threaten her with counting to 3. The threat is all it takes. I dont even have to actually count to 3, let alone yell, let alone spank her. She knows I'm serious, because I have yelled and spanked a couple times. I say "if you dont do it right now, I'm gonna count". She says "OK but dont count". OK little girl, I wont count. You can consider that a victory while youre doing what I told you in the first place.

My wife yells all damn day. I yell almost never, but when I do, they ball their eyes out. It makes an impact. And without any doubt whatsoever, they like me more and behave better for me. Making your kids cry occasionally is not a problem, its a requirement to produce well behaved kids and functional adults.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Angry parent post.
fucking kids
We now have four vehicles. Old truck I drive. 1996 volvo the twins drive. 2006 volvo suv my wife drives. Hyundai Sonata, fair game. One twin dinged the Sonata backing out of the garage. Sigh. Not a big deal. Fix garage and car is okay enough. Second twin just dinged 96 volvo. Drove into a pole. Not a big deal, but sigh.
Today, got a panicked call, "The steering wheel is taking over!!!!11!11!" It was the auto traction control.

Young drivers. I understand they don't have the experience to know all these things. It tries my patience. I need to be a better dad, because I find it easy to fly off the handle at such things.
....Dad?! Is that you?!

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Man, with all due respect, reading posts like this is like reading someone say "How can I find information on the internet? I dont use search engines".

Heres the deal. Kids need to be yelled at and even spanked sometimes. The key is, you do it really, really, really rarely. When you do it, they cry. Thats not a bug. Its a feature. We arent here to be our kids friends, we're here to train them how to be adults. You dont get there without a couple yelling ats and a couple spankings.

If youre doing it right, you spank them once or twice and yell at them once or twice. They know youre serious, and you never have to do it again.

My best tactic with my 3 old these days, who is going through a defiant phase, is I threaten her with counting to 3. The threat is all it takes. I dont even have to actually count to 3, let alone yell, let alone spank her. She knows I'm serious, because I have yelled and spanked a couple times. I say "if you dont do it right now, I'm gonna count". She says "OK but dont count". OK little girl, I wont count. You can consider that a victory while youre doing what I told you in the first place.

My wife yells all damn day. I yell almost never, but when I do, they ball their eyes out. It makes an impact. And without any doubt whatsoever, they like me more and behave better for me. Making your kids cry occasionally is not a problem, its a requirement to produce well behaved kids and functional adults.
You sound like a piece of shit

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Don't agree with spanking. Can't get down with that.

We tell my kid to go to timeout and he goes. If I rarely break out the dad voice he cries on the spot. Better ways to control a child than with violence.

And yes, my dad spanked. I wasn't raised with my dad being a softie (although he is a softie around grandkids)

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Spanking has its place in your repertoire of tools as a parent, but it should be the last resort. Things that need immediate obedience. Screaming in public, hitting their siblings or animals, etc. Short sharp shock of pain makes the lesson stick. It's Pavlovian. Words are best, but they won't always be effective. If you're not willing and able to do your duty as a parent, then you are failing your child in the long run. Spare the rod, spoil the child isn't hyperbole. You can look at the self entitled cunts running the SJW show for all the proof you'll ever need for that.

• 1Solidarity

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We tried a spanking, my son just smacked his ass and said more. That's when we switched to a time out chair, he hates the time out chair.

• 1Worf

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
Every kid response differently and that includes time-outs or spanks. My 5 year old ( Dec 22 ) son right now refuses to listen to the majority of my directions until I lose my cool. We had a incident on Saturday over him not cleaning his toys up. After I had my freak out using my dad voice he cleaned his mess up in about 3 minutes flat. I asked him why he doesn't do things that I ask him unless I yell and he responded with " When you are nice to me I don't think I have to do what you want". It took all I had to not shake the life out of that little person.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
My dad is living with us now, and its hilarious how the ideas he had melt away in the reality of living with young kids again. Like, he bought my daughters a bunch of these ceramic dolls thinking they would love these things. They all have different outfits or whatever. But really they are meant as collectibles, the kind of things old ladies have up on their shelves. My youngest takes one and immediately smashes it, on accident, she had no idea it was different from her other dolls. I think that hilariously traumatized her in some way probably. I warned him about all of this ahead of time, they're young and wild and they'r sisters so they are pretty rough, our house is just fucking loud all the time and crowded and almost never clean. He's doing ok so far. I think it will be better when we have our addition done and he's got his own space.

Siliconemelons

Spanking has its place in your repertoire of tools as a parent, but it should be the last resort. Things that need immediate obedience. Screaming in public, hitting their siblings or animals, etc. Short sharp shock of pain makes the lesson stick. It's Pavlovian. Words are best, but they won't always be effective. If you're not willing and able to do your duty as a parent, then you are failing your child in the long run. Spare the rod, spoil the child isn't hyperbole. You can look at the self entitled cunts running the SJW show for all the proof you'll ever need for that.

QFT