Parent Thread

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Again, I don't care what a dog's intentions are if it causes harm to a small child

Edit - pay attemtion to those bolded words please. A fucking dog or human child...

If you don't know your dog's personality after X years of raising it to know when your kid is about to do something stupid, that's pretty much all on you. If you are a douchebag or sociopath, you might take that out on the dog when it's not an emergency. Again, that would be all on you. If you have empathy for your kid and dog, you will be able to prevent most situations like that from happening, and unless the dog is going to maim/kill your kid, you won't be killing anyone. Maybe we're talking in circles here. Is your first reaction upon any bite whatsoever to kill the dog?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
If you don't know your dog's personality after X years of raising it to know when your kid is about to do something stupid, that's pretty much all on you. If you are a douchebag or sociopath, you might take that out on the dog when it's not an emergency. Again, that would be all on you. If you have empathy for your kid and dog, you will be able to prevent most situations like that from happening, and unless the dog is going to maim/kill your kid, you won't be killing anyone. Maybe we're talking in circles here. Is your first reaction upon any bite whatsoever to kill the dog?
Where did I say I don't know my dog's temperment? Where did I say my dog has ever been aggressive towards my daughter?

Yes. If my daughter is harmed by the dog it is going straight to the vet to be put down or killed by me if it invovles broken skin and is serious.

I actually find it really fucking disturbing how you keep talking about empathy for an animal in situations where your child is harmed by that animal.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I don't pay attention to downsy retards, sorry.

200.gif

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Where did I say I don't know my dog's temperment? Where did I say my dog has ever been aggressive towards my daughter?

Yes. If my daughter is harmed by the dog it is going straight to the vet to be put down or killed by me if it invovles broken skin and is serious.

I actually find it really fucking disturbing how you keep talking about empathy for an animal in situations where your child is harmed by that animal.

Well, now you're moving the goalposts. Maybe into more sensible territory I hope? Define serious. I have already stated I can understand where you are coming from if death/maiming is on the line. However, bite covers a very wide range of possibilities, which require circumstantial awareness and hopefully some empathy. If your dog knows your daughter is one of the pack, it's probably not going to bite unless getting hurt itself. If your daughter is chasing the dog around hitting it with a stick, well, where the hell were mom and dad before the dog defended itself? Why did your daughter not know growling and bared teeth are signs to stop?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy Just for the record I think you're a fun guy to talk to. I don't really care if you are a sociopath when it comes to animals or your family. I take the Shakespeare route when it comes to all that. "Twas another country, and besides, the wench is dead."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Well, now you're moving the goalposts. Maybe into more sensible territory I hope? Define serious. I have already stated I can understand where you are coming from if death/maiming is on the line. However, bite covers a very wide range of possibilities, which require circumstantial awareness and hopefully some empathy. If your dog knows your daughter is one of the pack, it's probably not going to bite unless getting hurt itself. If your daughter is chasing the dog around hitting it with a stick, well, where the hell were mom and dad before the dog defended itself? Why did your daughter not know growling and bared teeth are signs to stop?
Completely not true about dogs. And still don't give a shit, the dog is going down if it bites my daughter.

How about if my daugther hops out of bed and steps on the dog by mistake and it bites her leg defensively because it is still startled? Still being put down.

• 2Picard

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy Just for the record I think you're a fun guy to talk to. I don't really care if you are a sociopath when it comes to animals or your family. I take the Shakespeare route when it comes to all that. "Twas another country, and besides, the wench is dead."
Like how I am a sociopath when you loterally no nothing about how I treat my dog. I think the only thing I mentioned about my dog here is the type of food I feed her. Also chuckled how you tried to equate a two year old's actions to a budding serial killer.

How about this? You sound like a shitty fucking parent with your willingness to put equally or trump your own child with a dog.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Like how I am a sociopath when you loterally no nothing about how I treat my dog. I think the only thing I mentioned about my dog here is the type of food I feed her. Also chuckled how you tried to equate a two year old's actions to a budding serial killer.

How about this? You sound like a shitty fucking parent with your willingness to put equally or trump your own child with a dog.

We know you get the point and are just looking for opportunities to call people faggots and retards. But in case other people don't, if the thought of a dog biting your kid gives you the urge to snap it's neck or is otherwise intolerable to you, don't get a dog. You can be adults and think a few years into the future and not use the shitty "I didn't have kids when I got the dog," excuse as well. But should you find yourself in the situation, just call people a faggot when they disagree and try to sound all moral and shit about your kids. It will totally make you look like less of a retard.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
We know you get the point and are just looking for opportunities to call people faggots and retards. But in case other people don't, if the thought of a dog biting your kid gives you the urge to snap it's neck or is otherwise intolerable to you, don't get a dog. You can be adults and think a few years into the future and not use the shitty "I didn't have kids when I got the dog," excuse as well. But should you find yourself in the situation, just call people a faggot when they disagree and try to sound all moral and shit about your kids. It will totally make you look like less of a retard.
Oh man, yep you got me and my wife, totally irresponssible adults who just got a dog and then had a child with zero planning.

Glad you regard your dog right up their with your own children too.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Oh man, yep you got me and my wife, totally irresponssible adults who just got a dog and then had a child with zero planning.

Glad you regard your dog right up their with your own children too.

I don't have a dog. Didn't want to have to snap a neck if my kids got bit.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
If my dog actually Bites down and breaks the skin, then yea, I can see getting rid of it. I think the confusion in the above ~20 posts is about the severity of the bite. "Breaking the skin" is fairly generic. A tooth can scrape the surface and still "break the skin" in a young child. Like my dog will lick the kids fingers/face, steal food/toys from their hands, and can get rowdy at times, but never actually "bites". Also never scratched/caused any harm so far. But I wouldn't be surprised if it happens someday just because of the excitement when they play. But if my dog ever actually bites down into their body, of course she's gone. That's too far.

• 2Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

You were the one who went to bite == killed straight off the bat, and then got weird when trying to explore the topic further. And yes, if your dog wasn't about to seriously injure/kill your daughter you would be a sociopath for that response (you, not her). I'd still buy you a beer if we ever met IRL. Just wouldn't let you near the pets. :p

• 1Like

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
...I can see getting rid of a dog if it bites your kid, I really can. (I wouldn't immediately)
..I can see killing the dog if its dog vs kid death match. I really can.

But if the dog bites the kid, and the danger is removed enough that you have time to take it to the vet to be put down...

why not take it to the pound, surrender it (its fucking cheaper than euthanasia) and at least give the dog a glimmer of hope of being adopted by someone else?

ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy You are a fuckking dick.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
...I can see getting rid of a dog if it bites your kid, I really can. (I wouldn't immediately)
..I can see killing the dog if its dog vs kid death match. I really can.

But if the dog bites the kid, and the danger is removed enough that you have time to take it to the vet to be put down...

why not take it to the pound, surrender it (its fucking cheaper than euthanasia) and at least give the dog a glimmer of hope of being adopted by someone else?

ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy You are a fuckking dick.
A dog that attacks a child for any reason does not need to be given to a pound or shelter. There are already too many animals there, many without a incident of biting a child

• 1Solidarity

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Depending on how you define "attack", he's not wrong. I don't think of what my dog did to my daughter as attacking her. And if I thought for a second that my dog would attack a kid,I'd have him put down for sure. That's what you do with dangerous animals. I think we just all have slightly different ideas in our heads of what we're talking about here.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Depending on how you define "attack", he's not wrong. I don't think of what my dog did to my daughter as attacking her. And if I thought for a second that my dog would attack a kid,I'd have him put down for sure. That's what you do with dangerous animals. I think we just all have slightly different ideas in our heads of what we're talking about here.

Yeah, people are really talking past each other on this topic. Time for it to die.

In other news, anyone else ready for their kids to go back to school and not be at home all the fucking time?

I know that sounds bad, but I have five kids, and the weather here has been absolute crap, so the oldest kids haven't wanted to go out and drive anywhere. So they're all home. All the time. And they all want attention, which we give them, but they're kids, so they're like a black hole of needing attention. Honestly, there are only so many board games I can play and enjoy.

Having said that, I'll likely miss them next week when they are at school.

• 1Solidarity