Parent Thread

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
What is it you feel you did wrong to cause the ODD?
I don't know if it's a specific thing, or a cumulative thing. But according to the doctor, ODD is caused by patenting. Just got off the phone with my wife who's close to tears today because he won't do anything today. Only response is an aggressive whine noise.
We have two younger daughters 3 and 18 months who tend to get more attention because of their ages. He sees this and I think he wants to be babied sometimes too. But when you're trying to teach him to get ready for full day school it's hard to give in.

To top things off he is now recovering from Lyme Disease. We live on an acreage next to a timber surrounded by prairie grass buffer strips. He likes to play in the "forest" (small tree line on back of the yard). Had the bullseye rash and three satellite rashes. They put him on antibiotics and as that was working, he got a temp of 106.7°. That was fucking scary as hell. Doing good now so that's a relief.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Just had the 12 week scan and indications are that everything is a ok. Massive relief! Little fella was rocking out to something or other though, wouldn't stay still for the scan heh.

So the New England Elite football camp was the week of the 4th at Bentley University here in Massachusetts. (No Division 1 schools to my knowledge). My son attended, and did VERY well. We got our 1st two recruiters from D2 schools inquiring about what he is looking for in football! He's in the 9th grade. 3.9 GPA so we will obviously be polite and respond, but wait a couple years to see where things are. My boy may have just saved me 200 grand!!
OMG how is he that old already?
frown.png

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Took the kid to the beach yesterday. He's a chick magnet. I'd say he looks a lot better than most kids his age, and his blonde hair blue eye combo is killer. Plus he smiles a ton and chicks love it.

Three women walked past us, easily 9's or higher wearing thongs. They came over and went "oh he's so cute" blah blah and of course the dude is lighting them up with smiles and hugs. So then they go to walk away and the dude's just straight checking out their asses. They turn around and he blows a kiss and a huge smile and he killed them on the spot. It was at that point that I realized I can sell my kid to dudes to be their wingman.
haha I've said they same exact thing about our son. I joke with my wife I need to take him and travel back in time and let my 20 year old self take him around town for some quick hookups.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Also he's not saying words still, but he's now mimicking what we're saying.

For instance if we say "baby" he say something like "BWEEby". He's trying, you can tell.. he's just not fully there yet. He completely understands us too, which is heartwarming. His new thing is if I say "close/open the door" he goes and does it (not with the handle, just pushes it.

He still barks at the dog... and other dogs... maybe he's a dog.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Also he's not saying words still, but he's now mimicking what we're saying.

For instance if we say "baby" he say something like "BWEEby". He's trying, you can tell.. he's just not fully there yet. He completely understands us too, which is heartwarming. His new thing is if I say "close/open the door" he goes and does it (not with the handle, just pushes it.

He still barks at the dog... and other dogs... maybe he's a dog.
Dogs don't close doors. You got yourself a learner there.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Just wanted to post my two kids are fucking awesome. My son is 4 now, and has had three months straight in daycare being on green (best behavior) without a single yellow day. He brushes his teeth and goes to bed without problems/arguing and loves to learn and can speak and read chinese fluently, and is reading english a little bit right now (It's odd but I suppose Chinese is easier for children than english being single characters as opposed to words). It's a fucking miracle. My daughter is brilliant, recognizing her name at 6 months and now at 10 months is very close to walking.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
No, wife is chinese and has been teaching him. Just last night was when we realized, actually. I was setting up our glorious new 65" OLED 4K Television and suddenly my son starts reading a book in chinese out loud and i'm like wtf. Run and get my wife and told her to sneak in and look and we couldn't believe it.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
My 2nd child, another boy, was born Tuesday. Everyone got home today all healthy. They are only 14 months apart, so I'm pumped about them having someone else to play with most of the time.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
My 2nd child, another boy, was born Tuesday. Everyone got home today all healthy. They are only 14 months apart, so I'm pumped about them having someone else to play with most of the time.
They're going to start plotting against you.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm going to implement the Sith's Rule of One. They must battle me for dominance one on one; ganging up is a weakness that will only produce a weaker generation.
I tried that, they wait patiently until my back is turned, then they join in. The youngest doesn't give a fuck about rules though, so he bites.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It was a long 2-year emotional journey but babies going to be 4 months old in a week.

Have fraternal triplets (2 girls, 1 boy). They were born at 35 weeks. Wife already back to her normal weight.

Been eyeing this thread and getting nervous for the teething to start. Just started getting a little more sleep at night. They slept 3 hour stretches but now are at 4-7hrs. We take turns on feedings to maximize sleep. We have several of those baby pillows and can prop up bottles so 1 person can feed all 3 at same time.

The dog is starting to get real jealous. Seemed to not mind for first few months, but getting ornery lately.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It was a long 2-year emotional journey but babies going to be 4 months old in a week.

Have fraternal triplets (2 girls, 1 boy). They were born at 35 weeks. Wife already back to her normal weight.

Been eyeing this thread and getting nervous for the teething to start. Just started getting a little more sleep at night. They slept 3 hour stretches but now are at 4-7hrs. We take turns on feedings to maximize sleep. We have several of those baby pillows and can prop up bottles so 1 person can feed all 3 at same time.

The dog is starting to get real jealous. Seemed to not mind for first few months, but getting ornery lately.
My dog was fine until my son could crawl. The dog is I think his favorite person in the house, so he chases her nonstop. We had a close call once because we were forcing her to sit while he came over and she flipped the fuck out and snapped at him, that was our fault. Now we go by the adage of if she wants to run away, just let her.

The other day she was sitting looking out at the porch and he came up and petted her and she wagged her tail. I almost wanted to tear up .

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
My dog was fine until my son could crawl. The dog is I think his favorite person in the house, so he chases her nonstop. We had a close call once because we were forcing her to sit while he came over and she flipped the fuck out and snapped at him, that was our fault. Now we go by the adage of if she wants to run away, just let her.

The other day she was sitting looking out at the porch and he came up and petted her and she wagged her tail. I almost wanted to tear up .
My parents dogs are my 3 year old's favorite things ever. He practically dives on them when they get within range. They circle him just out of arm's reach for the most part.
smile.png

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>

My dog finally had her spirit broken with the 3rd kid. The first two she didn't mind, but the 3rd just dgaf and so the dog just runs behind me when she's finally had enough.
My in-laws dog will lick the kids face until they leave her alone, so that's always funny.

trex

Queen Bee
Could never keep up on the last thread and I'm determined to keep up on this one. I guess I'll start. I'm wondering what parents used as baby food for the first 6-8mo (so 4mo-1 year) and how your toddlers eat now. What we did with our first did not work and my wife and I can hardly get him to eat years later. We tried the whole baby led weaning craze and we either did it wrong or it's complete bullshit. Starting solids next month.