Parent Thread

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
No guidance changes. Medical professionals that take care of babies that are born premature and are sick beyond your comprehension heat breast milk and shake it before feedings.

This isn't me rustled. This is you pretty much being an anti-vaxxer and spouting pseudo intellectual bullshit like usual. Not surprised in the slightest.

Etoille gonna Etoille.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Dude that is a super nice kids kitchen. My kids are still rocking the step 2 plastic kitchen 3 years later. It holds up, though.

No guidance changes. Medical professionals that take care of babies that are born premature and are sick beyond your comprehension heat breast milk and shake it before feedings.

This isn't me rustled. This is you pretty much being an anti-vaxxer and spouting pseudo intellectual bullshit like usual. Not surprised in the slightest.

Etoille gonna Etoille.
ROFL an anti vaxxer? Well since a cursory glance at my posting history proves that statement to be 100% idiotic and untrue on it's face alone I guess we can all agree you sure told me. Fucking idiot. I am staunchly pro-vax - I even asked if my pediatrician would allow anti-vaxxers at their practice and applauded when the answer was no.

Also LOfuckingL at "guidance doesn't change". Guess we should all be pushing formula along with watered rice cereal to make the kiddo's tummies feel full like they were 20 years ago. And should we feed our kids peanuts? No nuts? That's changed twice in the past 10 years.

Have a nice day getting mad brah. Please tell us all more about how your instincts are 100% infallible in another forum that isn't for trolling sometime.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
That is an awesome kitchen! My kids would have loved that, but, I think they're a bit beyond it, now.
smile.png

More importantly, what kind of beer were you drinking?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I feel like I've seen that backsplash used on HGTV Property Brothers show. lol

Nice job joeboo!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Wow, that's really good. Makes the kitchen set that I put together look like a cheap toy.

Anyway, here's a picture of what she's playing with now that Christmas is over.
YVP312D.jpg

And if anyone cares, here she is. We were at a place called Peddler's Village today. This was her odd pose. I'm glad she didn't duck bill this pic at least. Seriously, where the hell does an almost 3 year old learn to do that stupid duck bill thing?
T6XKK5M.jpg

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
ROFL an anti vaxxer? Well since a cursory glance at my posting history proves that statement to be 100% idiotic and untrue on it's face alone I guess we can all agree you sure told me. Fucking idiot. I am staunchly pro-vax - I even asked if my pediatrician would allow anti-vaxxers at their practice and applauded when the answer was no.

Also LOfuckingL at "guidance doesn't change". Guess we should all be pushing formula along with watered rice cereal to make the kiddo's tummies feel full like they were 20 years ago. And should we feed our kids peanuts? No nuts? That's changed twice in the past 10 years.

Have a nice day getting mad brah. Please tell us all more about how your instincts are 100% infallible in another forum that isn't for trolling sometime.
I was saying there has been no sweeping guidance change about shaking breast milk not that there couldn't be ever. I said you were like an anti-vaxxer because you googled and read a blog and took it as fact.

Congratulations on your first kid and knowing everything. Get back to me when you want to stop being a know it all and start listening to medical professionals. The ones that shake breast milk for a living.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ball is in your court, etoille, show evidence that milk being shaken is bad or it'll prove a_skeleton_03 is a better mother than you!

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Ball is in your court, etoille, show evidence that milk being shaken is bad or it'll prove a_skeleton_03 is a better mother than you!
Welcome to being a legit parent!

I am not a better mother but this is what my wife does for a living and we despise when this new generation of parents armed with the Internet spread misinformation based on their gut. Like I said you aren't much different than an anti-vaxxer when you spread BS like this. Like the article linked mentions it scares women from going with breast milk and that is bad.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
joeboo, your kids are going to be sous vide pros in no time.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
So now that I'm in this thread, any other parents brave enough to do cloth diapers? We gave them a try and after the initial fear, they've worked out really well for us. Saved us some money, reduced waste, and our daughter's daycare providers commented that she never got diaper rash like the other babies.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So now that I'm in this thread, any other parents brave enough to do cloth diapers? We gave them a try and after the initial fear, they've worked out really well for us. Saved us some money, reduced waste, and our daughter's daycare providers commented that she never got diaper rash like the other babies.
I had no interest in cloth diapers. I let my wife buy "organic" milk that came in glass jars that we had to return to the store for our deposit, and other ridiculous stuff like that, but there's no chance that I'm hosing off baby poop in the bathtub/sink in order to save a few bucks. I'll find other places to save some money if the budget is that tight. I'll skip getting coffee from Starbucks twice a week instead.

joeboo, your kids are going to be sous vide pros in no time.
LOL. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. What have I done?!?!?!?!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Friends of mine have had their kid potty trained since she was like 4 or 5 months old. I don't know how but it's true, I've witnessed it. They said something about sign language the kid can use to tell them it's time. Obviously this only works if you have a stay at home parent or a nanny/au pair willing to take the time and pay attention. She's 8 months old now and hardly ever has an accident.

That is my dizzying contribution to this thread, which I have no idea why I am even reading.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
We are doing cloth diapers as well. We will still go to disposables when we are going to be out and about town for a while just so we don't have to haul a bunch of dirty laundry around but pretty much cloth all the time at home. After the initial expense of purchasing the diapers you definitely save a lot of money. I won't lie, dealing with a poop-diaper is more of a chore for sure but it isn't as terrible as I thought. Something that helped with the poop is my wife got these dryer-sheet-looking liners you put in the diaper and that will contain a lot of the poop allowing you to just toss that in a diaper pale, leaving a lot less of a mess in the actual diaper. Also you do end up doing more diaper changes and laundry, but I think the benefits outweigh the negatives. Aside from the cost savings the big selling point to me was that cloth-diapered babies tend to potty-train faster than those who use strictly disposables.

We ended up going with diapers that can grow in size with your baby and my wife ordered samples of a bunch of different brands so we could see what we liked the best. So far my favorites are theGroViadiapers as they have an insert that snaps into the shell so for pee-diapers you can just snap in a new insert rather than throwing the whole diaper into the laundry. TheCharlie Bananaones are pretty nice as well, they took a little adjusting to get the fit right but once you got that down they work well. We also have a couple ofMG Babydiapers and they also work fine.

The only ones we have tried so far that we haven't liked are theAwesome Blossomdiapers. The big downfall to these is that the snaps are really difficult to get done and undone. When trying to get them on correctly with a super squirmy baby at 4am it can be really difficult. Plus the inserts they come with don't seem to absorb as much as the Charlie Banana or GroVia inserts do, nothing double-stuffing or using a different brand insert won't fix, but still an issue.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
We ended up going forBumGenius. I'm not going to lie, it was partially because I wanted to put my child in the Albert(Einstein) prints. We've found that cleaning poop hasn't really been that difficult. My daughter has been breastfed since birth so when she was real young the poop consistency was so watery, an extra rinse cycle in the washing machine was more than enough to handle the poop. The only real tough pre-rinsing occurred when she was transitioning to solids and the poop started to thicken, but not enough so that it was like an adults poop. We purchased a toilet sprayer for this purpose and it's worked suitably. Now that she's on full solids, her poop cleans off the diaper quite simply into the toilet.

Yes, for travel disposables are the way to go.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Friends of mine have had their kid potty trained since she was like 4 or 5 months old. I don't know how but it's true, I've witnessed it. They said something about sign language the kid can use to tell them it's time. Obviously this only works if you have a stay at home parent or a nanny/au pair willing to take the time and pay attention. She's 8 months old now and hardly ever has an accident.

That is my dizzying contribution to this thread, which I have no idea why I am even reading.
My wife is a nurse, and she has many other foreign nurse co-workers. There's this girl from Eritrea, one of the many countries in Africa. She said that potty training happens incredibly quick over there because not every house has running water. Kids are in cotton clothing, and when they pee, they stay in the wet outfit. They quickly learn that sitting in pee is uncomfortable, so they learn to go outside to use the toilet rather than peeing in their clothes in the house. I don't know how true this is, but logically it makes sense.