Path of Exile

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Should I be using currency on items before I hit merciless and cruel? I feel like I`m really falling behind in damage and it takes a while to kill mobs in Act 3.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Better off searching poe.xyz and using that currency on cheap buyout items for guaranteed upgrades. Kinda early in the game to be doing either really though.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
The hardest part of this game is the mind numbing easiness of it. It makes it simple to just crush through the content then you randomly run into one mob that can actually injure you and you die while you're changing podcasts or something. I do not have the discipline to play that safe.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
its more interesting in maps when it should. The biggest problem I have with PoE is that its so slow early on, about to the end of cruel. the pace is so slow that i just have trouble getting through it before turning my character into what i actually want it to be.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Speaking of, can someone explain the fucking currency in this game? I see people listing items for Xc, but no clue what c is. I found a conversion table for all the currency items, but shit doesn't make any sense still.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Just started playing myself and I feel fucked by the acronyms. I almost imagine it's better to not research anything and let the prostate do it's own thing.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
C stands for chaos, the most accepted form of currency in trades, though most people who auction for chaos will usually take fusings/alchemy's as well.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife has been hogging our consoles so I just downloaded this as well. Seems cool, but I instantly muted every chat channel

Zionmaster_sl

shitlord
The lack of an ingame AH and standard form of currency completely killed this game for me. It is not fun trying to figure out the retarded currency rates or staring at trade spam for hours in the hopes of finding an item I need and then trying to figure out how much said item is worth while trying not to get ripped off by people who are always trying to rip you off. I can't understand how anyone can find the current system fun or entertaining in any way shape or form besides the people who live and breath the trade chat trying to rip you off.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The lack of an ingame AH and standard form of currency completely killed this game for me. It is not fun trying to figure out the retarded currency rates or staring at trade spam for hours in the hopes of finding an item I need and then trying to figure out how much said item is worth while trying not to get ripped off by people who are always trying to rip you off. I can't understand how anyone can find the current system fun or entertaining in any way shape or form besides the people who live and breath the trade chat trying to rip you off.
tryPoE Goods
andSearch | PoExplorer.com

can find prices and items easier. They are basically auction houses that scrape the trade forums.

Explosivo_sl

shitlord
I appreciate the info but that's part of the problem for me. I shouldn'thaveto resort to other sites to figure out how much shit is worth ingame. It should be ingame.
I mean honestly if this is what ruins the game for you, I think you just don't like the game. What's the real difference between alt-tabbing and opening a Web browser to find items versus using an in game ui? That's like complaining about having to choose a language at the atm.

If there is a thriving third party option for buying /selling, I'd rather the developers keep focusing on content as opposed to trying to reinvent the wheel.

Zionmaster_sl

shitlord
I mean honestly if this is what ruins the game for you, I think you just don't like the game. What's the real difference between alt-tabbing and opening a Web browser to find items versus using an in game ui? That's like complaining about having to choose a language at the atm.

If there is a thriving third party option for buying /selling, I'd rather the developers keep focusing on content as opposed to trying to reinvent the wheel.
No i like the game, in fact i really do love the gameplay but imo not having an AH in this day and age and forcing people to sift through trade spam instead of oh i dunno playing the game.... that is just not acceptable to me. It's an archaic backward system and I can't understand why anyone is ok with it. Bottom line I guess is that it detracts from my gameplay so much that it just makes me not want to play it. I don't think that I should be ok with having to alt-tab, use other websites while i'm playing the game in order to play the game properly.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I've been playing the game for a year and a half now and I've never once traded for an item. The game is absolutely playable and enjoyable without having to resort to an AH, or even trading.

Zionmaster_sl

shitlord
I've been playing the game for a year and a half now and I've never once traded for an item. The game is absolutely playable and enjoyable without having to resort to an AH, or even trading.
I knew someone would say this and to that I say yea im very aware of that. But call me crazy I guess but when I see retarded ass systems in place in what otherwise is a stellar game it fucking irks me like no other and personally just makes me not want to play it. I haven't used trade at all so far and have had fun. But when the day came when i decided i really wanted to up my game and get better gear and was faced with the choice of trade spam/ridiculous barter system or just dealing with what i had...it made me angry that that was really my only option when I feel the game could have been made 10X better with the inclusion of something that pretty much every game has been using for years for obvious reasons. Not having an AH in a game like this is completely asinine to me, it's like trying to reinvent a wheel that didn't need to be messed with to begin with.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I appreciate the info but that's part of the problem for me. I shouldn'thaveto resort to other sites to figure out how much shit is worth ingame. It should be ingame.
I would agree except "D3". It sucks that trading is a real effort but that's the only thing keeping inflation in check I guess. Not sure if putting easier trading without a straight AH would work given the large number of currencies.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I would agree except "D3". It sucks that trading is a real effort but that's the only thing keeping inflation in check I guess. Not sure if putting easier trading without a straight AH would work given the large number of currencies.
Of course it would work. That's no different than selling an item in different game for 4pp,50g,8s,15c...you just have more options/currencies. I'm selling this item for 4exalt, 5chaos, 2alchs. Just have the item listed with the currency symbol/amount.

Would it be detrimental or helpful? Who knows. D3 it felt detrimental because of how rare a great item really was. Wow,ffxi, etc, it worked fine but items weren't so rare.

Personally I tried the website trading approach and hated it, trying to catch people online, not busy/afk, then haggling just fucking sucked and I gave up.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I knew someone would say this and to that I say yea im very aware of that. But call me crazy I guess but when I see retarded ass systems in place in what otherwise is a stellar game it fucking irks me like no other and personally just makes me not want to play it. I haven't used trade at all so far and have had fun. But when the day came when i decided i really wanted to up my game and get better gear and was faced with the choice of trade spam/ridiculous barter system or just dealing with what i had...it made me angry that that was really my only option when I feel the game could have been made 10X better with the inclusion of something that pretty much every game has been using for years for obvious reasons. Not having an AH in a game like this is completely asinine to me, it's like trying to reinvent a wheel that didn't need to be messed with to begin with.
I'm glad there is no AH. At first I was like you then I used POE.xyz and offer super lowball offers and surprise surprise when a few were accepted. Granted some people knew what there stuff was worth and laughed at me but others were mapping and needed the inventory space plus some currency. Since then I always use those sites and get killer deals any time of the day for cheap. With an ah all the good stuff would be bought out by someone playing the system then raising the prices just like in any game with an auction house.

Shit gets real annoying when there are 3000 plus of an item all listed at massively inflated prices.