Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They don't. You leech from life leech supporting frostbolt or global cold leech and the initial hits on vortex and creeping frost.

You don't run cold snap in a spellslinger setup. Spellslinger will disable cold snap's builtin cooldown bypass. You can manually cast by sharing a 6L with vortex, it's technically a dps gain, but meh, seems annoying to have to maintain another dot.

Last edited:

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is the pob for my heist league cold dot occultist. Its a bit more tanky than is neccessary for softcore though but i made it that way to heist with and i made other faster characters after this one anyway so i hardly played it after week 1 for normal mapping.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They don't. You leech from life leech supporting frostbolt or global cold leech and the initial hits on vortex and creeping frost.

You don't run cold snap in a spellslinger setup. Spellslinger will disable cold snap's builtin cooldown bypass. You can manually cast by sharing a 6L with vortex, it's technically a dps gain, but meh, seems annoying to have to maintain another dot.

Hmm I've been using coldsnap with sling and then just attacking with power siphon. The power charges don't really matter, but it's got better attack coverage for curse on hit application which was nice.

I guess if I use frenzy for the attack and just dump cold snap I could fit in herald of ice or some other aura without too much trouble.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Wonder if they'll do any fixes to how absolutely warped that people who corner a 14c heist can make the economy? Honestly, outside of unique heists and the lockdown period, this content was as bad/boring as harvest.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Ugh, bounced off this league pretty fast. At least put it off for a league or something, game is way beyond bloated.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

That Atlas Supporter pack is fire though. But, I cannot fucking justify whaling them $480.

• 1Mother of God

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Weakest part of the pack thankfully is the top tier (aside from the portal). Rest are fuckin great though.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I always have a tough time figuring out what to play for new leagues/events. Seems like I've done it all before and it never really changes all that much.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
A low number of high impact changes, right? On one hand, Heist got annoying pretty fast. But I was also sick of Delirium and now it's nice every now and then. But just the 10% mirror in maps.

On the other hand, boneheaded economic decisions on their part further soured both leagues. Aura stackers further bolstered by alt quality gems. Heist going core with few changes kinda feels like them saying "We did it right and Heist was a success! Sorry, not sorry."

There are many negatives to Heist going core. From a player perception standpoint. From a content bloat standpoint. Does every league *have* to go core? As in, are their financial models based around assets providing value beyond the 3 month leagues? I really hope that isn't the case and going core is a nice bonus.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think Heist was one of their better leagues even though people didn't like having to do secondary shit outside of maps. I know a lot of people didn't think it offered enough "content", but the QoL it gave for that league was better than any since Delve added fossil crafting. Heist was cool, but definitely got tedious when you had hundreds of contracts, but the potential rewards were astronomical. Like most leagues it took a few weeks to make it enjoyable for most. Delirium I didn't like. It was broken as fuck and overtuned for the first month. People forget that. I thought cluster jewels were awesome, but thought they'd ruin the core game. THEN they buffed them by making them all passively 1/2 jewel slots. And they are OP. They make god builds and it's just too much. I love the other stuff, but the power creep from clusters is omega.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Isn't this the patch where they will reintroduce Harvest crafting as well?

Seems like it has potential to be quite interesting with core Heist and core Harvest.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The experimental base types are pretty cool?

The reality is though they spent way too much design time on all the heist NPCs/dialogue etc for it to ever not go core, regardless of how questionable the actual gameplay of it turned out to be.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Experimental base types, hundreds of new gems...... for a game that keeps having issues because of bloat they sure pick the wrong things to take core. It is almost enough to stop playing.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Keep thinking at some point they will have a top down review and get the bloat out of core, guess not. Even if they did it would get bloated again in no time at the rate they are adding stuff.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I thought as well too upon seeing them. Each one being themes to those ancient leagues does make it seem an awful lot like they are planning on revamping/rebuilding in to them something more robust.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Flashback league looks kinda boring? Normal heist league with a few free Zana mods?

I might dick around for a bit and try some weird builds I've been meaning to try, but otherwise zzzzzzzzzz.

Caeden

Fix heist by first limiting currency chests to at most 7...maybe less per GH. Second, make it lockdown level pressure at start with limited attempts like a map, but with the on death loss. Third, remove the trinkets. And, lastly, remove follow xp requirements. Now its a fun, quick side activity. Tedium gone other than waiting on shit to open, and you reduce the economic impact.