Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Best I ever did with stormfire nonsense was using arc. Vaal arc with the bonus chain damage meant a big fatty ignite for map bosses, but even then it was only ever so good.

Penance brand is really the only way to get reliable boss damage, so you may just have to gem swap for conquerors etc, but yea mechanically it's basically unusable for general clear.
Did you try clear with Holy Conquest?

Maybe the crackling lance buff will make it numerically viable.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I might actually not play EDC as my started with this league mechanic. It's been nearly 2 years since I've started with anything else. Cold slinger is going to be meta. Poison BV probably as well. How is the gear progression with them on a league start? I can deathless a8 Sirius with EDC on a 5link blight in junky-junk-junk.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I might actually not play EDC as my started with this league mechanic. It's been nearly 2 years since I've started with anything else. Cold slinger is going to be meta. Poison BV probably as well. How is the gear progression with them on a league start? I can deathless a8 Sirius with EDC on a 5link blight in junky-junk-junk.
Whats the poison conversion for bv?

Youll be fine with vortex, youre experienced so just go ele pop from the start and switch to low life. I didnt like the CI version and I tried templar, trickster, ele bloom and scion

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
thinking about elementalist arma brand ignite. Probably worse than cold dot slinger but i don't wanna play cold dot again. Needs cluster jewels but nothing too hard to get. And it should level pretty smooth, atleast arma brand felt pretty good when i used it for a while on a chieftan in delve league. I imagine the 4 second golem resummon should make it not aids to play anymore too.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
thinking about elementalist arma brand ignite. Probably worse than cold dot slinger but i don't wanna play cold dot again. Needs cluster jewels but nothing too hard to get. And it should level pretty smooth, atleast arma brand felt pretty good when i used it for a while on a chieftan in delve league. I imagine the 4 second golem resummon should make it not aids to play anymore too.

How is sustain with just the golem regen? Dot skills kinda suck for sustain which is why I want to get an Archmage Ignite build working so you can sustain through Agnostic.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thinking I want to do a BV starter, but can't decide between poison or cold conversion/freeze. I do like me some crunchies. Haven't played in half a year so itching to get back in. I skipped over harvest, heist, and one other league thats escaping me at the moment. Last league I played was with the tiles you had to arrange to reach islands.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
How is sustain with just the golem regen? Dot skills kinda suck for sustain which is why I want to get an Archmage Ignite build working so you can sustain through Agnostic.

Thats a good point. Don't actually know. I imagine for mapping Cinderswallow should do well enough. But i don't excpect the golem will do all too much in the heat of the moment on bosses but nice bonus regen for lab traps or if you can run away for a bit, stuff like that.

I messed around in pob with a elementalist hexblast archmage before cause mathil was playing hexblast but it (that being elementalist version) got hit when they added the qualifier that you need to do majority fire damage to get the more ignite damage. Alltough it gained a 25% less resist instead of 25% ele pen i suppose.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Did you try clear with Holy Conquest?

Maybe the crackling lance buff will make it numerically viable.

I was so put off by the penance brand delay that I never bothered to try clusters heh. Seemed better for general clear to just gem swap arma brand or something else.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Thats a good point. Don't actually know. I imagine for mapping Cinderswallow should do well enough. But i don't excpect the golem will do all too much in the heat of the moment on bosses but nice bonus regen for lab traps or if you can run away for a bit, stuff like that.

I messed around in pob with a elementalist hexblast archmage before cause mathil was playing hexblast but it (that being elementalist version) got hit when they added the qualifier that you need to do majority fire damage to get the more ignite damage. Alltough it gained a 25% less resist instead of 25% ele pen i suppose.

Did you try hexblast ignite? I pobed one as well but never played it because of two mechanics. Relying on blasphemy curse doesn't seem like it would be large enough for smooth clearing. And hexblast eating a curse means lots of curse refreshing on bosses. Was I wrong on these assumptions?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was so put off by the penance brand delay that I never bothered to try clusters heh. Seemed better for general clear to just gem swap arma brand or something else.
I tried hit based penance brand with holy Conquest. It was decent. Left stragglers more often than I'd like, didn't really offer anything unique. I was hoping ignite prolif would solve stragglers and dot damage would allow the brands to bounce further before being recalled to their start location.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Starting and finishing with the same build from Harvest, Warbringer Berserker maining Earthshatter.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Grinding Gear Liars said:

Have you been able to solve the technical issues that required The Rogue Harbour to become private?​

Yes, we have been able to fix the problems that forced us to temporarily make this area not public.

Yeah, nobody fucking asked that. Rogue's Harbor probably won't be packed with GPU-crippling MTX due to lower frequency of contract drops...but ffs.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Another starter I'm considering is ice crash raider into cold converted blade flurry or cyclone raider. The other was self cast FB/Ice Nova Heiro...but I really think I want to try vortex SS as LL. Looks too fun for me.

The other builds I'm considering this league are a LL version of COC BL. I played it as CI and assassin previously, but I'm considering it for inquis too. I typically hate PCOC, but seems the obvious path with OOS to go. I think battlemage would open up some alternative mods on weapons too. High lightning damage, high crit chance, decent attack speed and craft hits can't be evaded and go. And part of me still wants to try some different spectres, but i expect there will be some nerfing there.

Caeden

Splodey chest for those cold builds?
Ideally for the raider, yes. Wasn't too worried about it for the Heiro.

I also thought about trying to figure out some way to work a lightning wild strike or lightning strike inquisitor in for shits and giggles...but that seems...awful.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ideally for the raider, yes. Wasn't too worried about it for the Heiro.

I also thought about trying to figure out some way to work a lightning wild strike or lightning strike inquisitor in for shits and giggles...but that seems...awful.
BV seems to synergize better with an explodey chest and cold conversion unless you're dead set on doing an attack build. Got a PoB for the attack versions?

Caeden

BV seems to synergize better with an explodey chest and cold conversion unless you're dead set on doing an attack build. Got a PoB for the attack versions?
I kind of wanted to do BF since I'd never played it. Its an Oni build right now, somewhat ripped off an interesting pob I found back in harvest so I dumbed it down some. Still probably a bit too good to call it "starting" but nothing outrageous and can use whatever phys weps until you get Oni. From what I can tell, you wouldn't swap to Oni until you had those gloves. They weren't terribly priced last league when I considered running it.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did you try hexblast ignite? I pobed one as well but never played it because of two mechanics. Relying on blasphemy curse doesn't seem like it would be large enough for smooth clearing. And hexblast eating a curse means lots of curse refreshing on bosses. Was I wrong on these assumptions?

No i've never played it. Just saw mathil play it and apparently he considers it a decent starter somehow so i just fiddled around in pob with hexblast archmage a bit. Don't think it's worth putting up with all the awkwardnesses you mentioned though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I kind of wanted to do BF since I'd never played it. Its an Oni build right now, somewhat ripped off an interesting pob I found back in harvest so I dumbed it down some. Still probably a bit too good to call it "starting" but nothing outrageous and can use whatever phys weps until you get Oni. From what I can tell, you wouldn't swap to Oni until you had those gloves. They weren't terribly priced last league when I considered running it.

I want to say you might have trouble chaining explody chest if that's your intent. Cyclone and BF are shit for clearing otherwise. This amount of gained and converted makes it hard to eyeball how much damage the explosions are actually doing. Do you have a video of it in action?

Why no quicksilver?

Caeden

I want to say you might have trouble chaining explody chest if that's your intent. Cyclone and BF are shit for clearing otherwise. This amount of gained and converted makes it hard to eyeball how much damage the explosions are actually doing. Do you have a video of it in action?

Why no quicksilver?
Oversight on my part. I was playing with a bunch of flasks and meant to have just an open slot.

I’ve seen the cyclone in action. I’ll find it later. But it’s primary focus is bossing. Not clear. Thought it might be good for a bossing league. I have had this in my potential list for a few leagues.

Also, mechanically the original PoB I had ripped has no added fire damage. Don’t you need some to get an ignite going to proc the Oni buff to then convert phys to fire? I saw how the build chilled and shocked via clusters and converted/add as damage but I never saw added fire anywhere to get the initial ignite for Oni. So I added a ring with it.