Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
Also a tip for most people who may not know, but once you end up in the big boy maps make sure Maven Witnesses at least one set of your shaper guardians/elder guardians/breach lords/synthesis bosses/Elder Shaper Atziri, etc etc etc. You can then use or buy the named invitations "The Feared", "The Forgotten", "The Hidden", "The Twisted", etc and after completely those she gives you what I call End-Game-Points with a whole new Atlas passive tree.

THE PRO MOVE is to go Zana. Go to at LEAST Zana offers double the missions. So now your Zana appears more frequently and offers between 14 and 20 OPTIONS each time you see her? That's really good for filling out your atlas, getting unique maps done, finding $$$ unique drops from things like Cortex, and most importantly, FARMING HARVEST MISSIONS. You will get a Harvest option NEARLY EVERY FUCKING TIME and as we all know, this is Harvest League 2.0 so everyone wants it and everyone needs it. And if you're a currency slut you can get on the PoE trade Discord and sell your augs/removes for 1-8ex each and just sit on a pile of money with mediocre gear like I expect most of these people are.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
For anyone that might be experiencing the type of crashes i were. Apparently pretty common after the latest patch it seems if you have like a ryzen 5 or 6.
Turning multithreading off has drastically cut my crashing down to manageable levels for what it's worth. Just have a slideshow instead.

Edit update: It's working again after a packcheck

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Basically the final form of the battlemage inquisitor. Any further upgrades are pretty unreasonably expensive aside from fixing the large cluster jewel, but so far it's stomped all endgame content with ease.

The defensive setup of corrupted soul/soul tether/pious path is just a crazy amount of eHP and recovery, so much so that I got rid of my shaper shield in favor of a light of lunaris just because the life on block was complete overkill. Battlemage is pretty damned effective with vulncanus, but you could easily run this build with the full crit path and use whatever weapon setup you wanted to, or swap out the primary skill etc. It's not hard to get ~350% crit chance from righteous providence, which means going mega crit to ignore resists is relatively easy.

10/10 would recommend inquis for all your self cast builds

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This fucking game sometimes...

If Chris is going to stick to his precious "player interaction" have the god damn hardware to back it up. I love spending 10s of minutes buying one item because 90% of the listings are already sold and the seller, justifiably so, doesn't feel like telling every single buyer.

Fully viable SSF when? AH when? I don't care, fucking pick one. This is what lack of competition does.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Why isnt SSF fully viable? Pretty much all the streamers play SSF and Hardcore to boot, and do just fine.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
SSF is viable if you don't mind playing meta skills.

Even then it requires a level of time investment that people not playing this game as their job aren't really comfortable with. You can easily get cucked for weeks on lab trials/6l, and god forbid you want to try a build that requires a specific unique such as stormfire/guardian weapons etc.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
FYI to any guildies: I also have the 'hits can't be evaded' for weapons craft available, if anyone wants it. Guess I got kinda lucky with unveils this time? No idea how common that one is, or if even anyone is playing attack builds that would want it, but figured I'd offer just in case :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
SO how do you propose making SSF more viable? Remove RNG?
Essentially, yes. Easier said than done for sure.

Just now I've been trying to buy a silver oil so I can anoint Crystal Skin. poe.ninja says they are 10c. Nobody is responding at that price. Nobody is responding at 20c. Is poe.ninja being scammed, or are silver oils really worth at least 20c? I just want +1 max lightning res, this really shouldn't be this much trouble.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
SO how do you propose making SSF more viable? Remove RNG?

What is with you people and having to have egregious hate mechanics in games?

Nobody said remove RNG completely, but every single currency/crafting item in the game should be obtainable by trade up/down mechanics. There should be vendors that sell every currency in both directions (i.e. you can give a vendor 1 ex for 100 chaos or 100 chaos for 1 ex). Also, once you unlock a non-unique map from the Atlas, then Zana should sell them at a fixed cost forever, even if that cost is something stupid like 10 chaos. There should be no reason to rely SOLEY on RNG to get this stuff done. There should be ways to circumvent RNG at a cost. Additionally, the idea that we are still having to RNG trials for Uber Lab is the stupidest design decision in an ARPG. Period. And that is on GGG and no one else.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So this happened fuck me. So make sure to save 2700 for the reroll

1612191843912.png

• 5Worf
  • 4Rustled
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 10 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My thoughts on SSF - remove the ability to change back and forth from SSF. And this permanent lock carries forth to standard. Separate stash between SSF and Trade. “Smarter loot” as you progress. Blanket boost to drop rate of items.

here’s the thing. That pretty much makes 4 total leagues (HC trade, HC SSF, SC Trade, and SC SSF).

When I watch streamers playing SSF HC and shit, it’s always the same meta shit. Or they play 10 hours a day, which yeah. Casual whining I guess.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
If you're bored, I could use suggestions that don't involve yanking the uniques. Boots need way more life, need despair on hit ring and fully link the flame wall with another support when I do. Other than that, seen crazy rares and don't know how to do the farmville stuff cuz I've been out a long time.

Build causes some dank graphical bugs, namely a huge purple square whenever the chaos ignite prolif spreads. That is to say, gamebreaking levels of retarded home brew I won't let go of.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they had a ‘ssf harvest mode’ meaning you had basically all harvest crafts in your crafting bench I think I would play that. It’s be only viable way to make ssf work for limited time players

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Holy fuck losing a mirror on a ritual lol. Maximum trigger level. Jesus just seeing that screenshot makes my skin crawl.
If it makes you feel any better, the unnatural instinct I deferred hasn’t shown up again in about 40 maps, so it’s a tossup whether you’d even get the mirror before league end