Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
20-40% reduction in player damage is gonna be a fucking nightmare for all the casuals and bads.

Sirus is already hard as fuck for the general populace, and if they suddenly just do a ton less damage they are gonna rage so hard.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Battle Royale is interesting, but definitely some major power gaps. I got 9th place without ever getting a support gem and the dudes who killed me all had movement skills ontop of their support shit so it was no contest. Ol' 0 link burning arrow ain't gonna do it! The game before that I LITERALLY NEVER GOT A SKILL GEM I COULD USE THE ENTIRE TIME. But I think it's just a knowledge thing and an adapting thing. Don't go "IMMA BE A BOW MAN!" If you get fucking winter orb and no bow skills, you're a wanding ranger now bro.

Also from what I understand you just hit the orb on the flask and it's an ENCHANTMENT which means it doesn't reroll the flasks. So it's literally an auto cast on your already rolled flask and if it's an enchantment you can reroll the flask as you like keeping the enchantment. The only thing it doesn't work with is the Harvest +duration +flask charge shit. So it's a huge QoL if you use a flask just for "oh shit" and not for offensive purposes. If it works with bleed/insta hp flasks that's fucking MAJOR.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So what skills can use the "utility" supports the best seing as the damage supports are getting nerfed?
First thing that popped into my mind was anything with GMP and multishots so perhaps a relative stealth buff to Winter orb?
But even though i wish Worb was good i can't say i'm very hopeful even with that being the case because Worb has trash dmg.

Conceptually worst new skill seems to be "Behead" (the Slayer one)...Only works with strike skills (ugh), 1 HH buff is pretty useless right? and to top it off it gives more dmg only against low life mobs but that gets worse when you already have culling (because with 20% culling you'll only have the dmg buff for 30% of the mobs life instead of 50%).

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Headhunter is a support gem now. Interesting. Lotta weird shit in this. I can already smell Mathil breaking the game with some of these uniques/skills.

huh?

It steals one ability, and once you steal another it gets overwritten by the new one.

Somehow that == headhunter? What?

That seemed like a completely worthless gem tbh.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
What interests me most is actually the "we're fucking all the more dmg support gems" part. As was said, even if you like some niche hipster support, you're not going to use it as long as the opportunity cost is as large as right now.

In the stream with ziggyd he said (LOL) "One thing we forgot to mention is that because of the dmg support gem nerfs, we are boosting melee skills".

But yeah......

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
As a casual shitter I already could not do content like The Feared at all so global nerfs might add more content to the list of shit I can't do. I hate Sirus with a burning passion but I can drop the awakening down to zero if I'm sucking total shit and still get the story progression. Getting all the Uncharted Realms passive points feels actually impossible. Not that I want or need the game catered to me but that there's a pretty hard fucking wall at the moment.

Xevy

Log Wizard
huh?

It steals one ability, and once you steal another it gets overwritten by the new one.

Somehow that == headhunter? What?

That seemed like a completely worthless gem tbh.
Did they say that in the Q&A? I didn't watch that yet, I'm just going off the gem.

EDIT: Just watched the 40 minute video, yeah sucks it's just 1 aura, but with the nerfs to pure dmg supports I'd still run that shit and get haste or souleater albeit temporarily. It is weird that it just replaces the aura when it's worded on the gem to extend it. Seems like it means you'll basically always have one monster aura on which isn't bad tbh and depending on the aura can more than make up the damage different of a pure damage support especially after the nerf.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Also if you haven't noticed this league is testing for AH shops and merchants for players.

They're always testing something, you just have to figure out what it is.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I guess I picked a good league to dip. CoC mega slap it seems. That mana cost is gonna suck. I’ve got a plant startup going anyway so I’m looking down the barrel of 12 hour workdays for about two months anyway.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Also if you haven't noticed this league is testing for AH shops and merchants for players.

Well I guess I'll be back when the AH merchant is introduced

• 1Like

Kythik

Molten Core Raider

idk about that. Chris flatly said they could implement any number of trade systems at any time. They choose not to because easy trade destroys player retention. He even went so far as to mention that SSF has better player retention than trade. He said all that in the Q&A during the answer to the trade question. That question seemed to have made him very nervous too.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'll play SSF if I could feel like I'm making meaningful progression and no content(i.e.: builds) are out of my reach in 3 months. That GGG can't make that happen is an indictment on them. Players want easier trade because that's the only way they can think to solve that equation. It is not up to the player base to solve GGG's own self-imposed problems. They already do enough of that through 3rd party utilities.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Jeez I wonder how many builds they are going to kill. This was my biggest issue with PoE when I played it. If I played an awesome build during a lague and I decided to take a break for 2 or 3 leagues and come back there is a good chance that build will bee nerfed to the ground making it useless. I guess that why I always like Diablo 2. The builds are pretty are always the same.

Caeden

Jeez I wonder how many builds they are going to kill. This was my biggest issue with PoE when I played it. If I played an awesome build during a lague and I decided to take a break for 2 or 3 leagues and come back there is a good chance that build will bee nerfed to the ground making it useless. I guess that why I always like Diablo 2. The builds are pretty are always the same.
I was one of the nutjobs that would play standard between leagues. I'd fucking craft, grind UE or Sirus, etc. on a couple builds that I kept dumping currency into (primarily by crafting). All but one of my standard league builds probably just got dumpstered by the CoC mana cost change. I'll have to see the numbers, but yeah. this pisses me off. I've never been a fan of meta swings. I like new skills and some semblance of balance. I can handle nerfs. I've continued playing CoC after the changes to Tempered Mind, reduction in crit on the tree, etc. But solving all that shit and mana now? fuck off.

SSF only works in this game if you genuinely play this shit all the time. Its the young, young man's version.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Also, some of the shit in this league is striaght from D2 for reals and Last Epoch. I think the ward mechanic is lifted from LE. I think....I haven't messed with it there tbh.

• 2Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I was one of the nutjobs that would play standard between leagues. I'd fucking craft, grind UE or Sirus, etc. on a couple builds that I kept dumping currency into (primarily by crafting). All but one of my standard league builds probably just got dumpstered by the CoC mana cost change. I'll have to see the numbers, but yeah. this pisses me off. I've never been a fan of meta swings. I like new skills and some semblance of balance. I can handle nerfs. I've continued playing CoC after the changes to Tempered Mind, reduction in crit on the tree, etc. But solving all that shit and mana now? fuck off.

SSF only works in this game if you genuinely play this shit all the time. Its the young, young man's version.
Yup I think the only build I recall playing past leagues and future ones that was never deleted by GGG was essence drain/contagion. I don’t know how it is now cause I quit PoE and haven’t played it in over a year.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Yup I think the only build I recall playing past leagues and future ones that was never deleted by GGG was essence drain/contagion. I don’t know how it is now cause I quit PoE and haven’t played it in over a year.
EDC is eternal.

• 2Worf

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ooph, if they really are dropping damage/support gems significantly I'm in the group that's screwed. Can get Sirus down to his final phase but have never killed him so definitely don't see that changing with things gutted.

I did laugh at the comment above about making the campaign harder, I kind of measure how well I'll do mapping and such on how many deaths it takes to complete the campaign so thats out the window too