Path of Exile

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ugh I wanted to play this league but baldurs gate is taking way longer than I expected, I’m sure some others must be in this boat

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Baldur's, Apex Legends new season, Dark and Darker, AND Tarkov all launched within 2 weeks of each other but PoE takes priority over all of them. At least for the first two weeks or so.

Super annoying there was a deadzone of like 6 weeks in june-july where there weren't any good games (Diablo 4 was not great) and then everything I want to play shits out at once.

But as the PoE Shill *TM here, you know I gotta hop on Chris's dong for some Turtle-Totem battler!

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Baldur's, Apex Legends new season, Dark and Darker, AND Tarkov all launched within 2 weeks of each other but PoE takes priority over all of them. At least for the first two weeks or so.

Super annoying there was a deadzone of like 6 weeks in june-july where there weren't any good games (Diablo 4 was not great) and then everything I want to play shits out at once.

But as the PoE Shill *TM here, you know I gotta hop on Chris's dong for some Turtle-Totem battler!

Dark & Darker is a hard pass at this point. Legal troubles that could take the game down at any point, sketchy partner site, cash shop with creeping P2W. There's gonna be a bunch of copycats of the game probably, so waiting for a better option seems smart. Too many other good games around the same time seals the deal.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I bought from their official website, the legal thing is whatever if it happens it happens, and there's no P2W in the cash shop yet and about 75% of cash shop items are currently purchasable with freely earned in-game currency.

StarSiege Deadzone was a FPS space variant of it and it was pretty cool, but it's player base is way lower and their hit reg system with shooters is fucking awful. And unfortunately they launched about 6 days before D&D did so they're losing like 80% of the shared audience to D&D.

I don't blame people waiting on D&D though, I 100% said "uhhh, pass for now" when ChafGames was the only distributor, but now the IronMace website distributes it as well so I feel more confident. I tried to use PayPal but couldn't figure it out so unfortunately still had to use my card because I didn't know WTF these Korean pay systems were outside of CashApp which I'm just too lazy to set up. My friend said he managed to use PayPal on the same site though so who knows. I know Xsolla did the go between so it should be fairly secure.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
really seems like ruthless is the base for poe2 and you will see more and more added to it in the lead in to poe2

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
These must be some of the shortest patch notes ive seen. That 8 person poe1 dev team size meme looking kind of true now.
Don't have much to say so far other than:

I really thought/hoped they'd give chieftain some love after the public response to it (3 weeks out from launch), but nothing except for the meme jewel node getting a small str stack buff

Sanctum looks hard, have to clear all rare to progress and have to be whitin 100 radius of mobs (about size of screen on 16:9 i hear). Tactic before was to as much as possible to pick rooms you could just run through and/or off screen things in 1hit runs.

Caliane

I logged in to check some things out. (note, this is not new patch, this is in relation to having not played for a good while)

what the fuck are masteries? spell suppression? link skills?

new wiki apparently as well.

a few new monsters here and there. ghouls, spiders in prison.

Stash tabs are all different. looks like they added new tabs to the currency, etc. to deal with all the new currencies.

(I also forgot about the pob community fork, but that did happen before I stopped.)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
These must be some of the shortest patch notes ive seen. That 8 person poe1 dev team size meme looking kind of true now.
Don't have much to say so far other than:

I really thought/hoped they'd give chieftain some love after the public response to it (3 weeks out from launch), but nothing except for the meme jewel node getting a small str stack buff

Sanctum looks hard, have to clear all rare to progress and have to be whitin 100 radius of mobs (about size of screen on 16:9 i hear). Tactic before was to as much as possible to pick rooms you could just run through and/or off screen things in 1hit runs.
I kinda dig that. Obviously it's harder but the whole having to go a specific meme build just to clear it thing was gay.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Supports and uniques can be just as impactful as skill changes! But, from an optics standpoint, it does seem weird to touch this little.

Vegeant Cascade replaced by a support gem. Temp Chain(poison) nerf. Is that it for changes to existing stuff?

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
It looks like rather than nerf popular skills, they added their effects as support gems so you can use other skills in a similar way.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Change everything: people lose their minds.

Change nothing: people lose their minds.

They can't really win, but I personally am more in favor of fucking nuking everything every 3 months than having more stagnant build comp for 6 months at a time. But in true PoE fashion maybe the tattoo system is fucking bonkers and opens up a bunch of crazy shit. Who knows. At least Reddit can still play their Righteous Fire Juggs and shut the fuck up about it this league.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They even mentioned during exilecon that they had all these ruthless changes ready last league but didn't do it cause it cause the patch was relatively small and it'd just piss everyone off

And now here we are with reddit in full unhinged meltdown mode again, ruthless is the real game, poe1 is in maintenance mode, poe2 is gonna be ruthless mode, etc etc.

Meanwhile we get 12 fucking new support gems and 15 uniques (granted probably only 5-8 of those are gonna do anything) and god knows what coming out of tattoos.

That said I'm still pretty down on chieftan I think - unless there's been some change to how Tawhoa works or it's cooldown I'm really not seeing how you're gonna scale any kind of slam/strike in to endgame. Ancestral support is 30% more at level 10, and fist of war is obviously fine, but Tawhoa in its previous/current forms is pretty fucking bad with its 2 second cooldown and flat 100% more damage (it gets no gem links). The cooldown prevents it from mattering basically at all for strike setups, and it not getting warcry exerts or fist of war has always cucked its slam damage.

Maybe we'll get lucky and the mirage skill itself got changed, but unless that happens any kind of attack-based chieftan is pure bait - I've done it before and you'll clear campaign/white maps fine but your damage is gonna get hard stuck at around the 1-1.5m mark and you'll struggle constantly in reds and vs any kind of boss content.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Yep, I am pretty happy everything that worked in 3.21 will still be there in 3.22.

Qustion to all of you POE gods and veterans: assuming I will be farming 50-100 divines and want to create a true "Bosser", what would be your choice? Focus on market availability for the better gear. I don't want builds that need some double corrupted Aul's amulet that never show up on the market, stuff like that. Also bonus points if the build is somewhat easy to play as in no "press x, pray for proc, ramp up with y then go near and unleash z".

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If by 'bosser' you mean buying 50 maven invites to spam for potential profit the answer is still any flavor of mines that you prefer.

If you mean a regular character that can also clear pinnacles then there's a shitload of options these days.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yep, I am pretty happy everything that worked in 3.21 will still be there in 3.22.

Qustion to all of you POE gods and veterans: assuming I will be farming 50-100 divines and want to create a true "Bosser", what would be your choice? Focus on market availability for the better gear. I don't want builds that need some double corrupted Aul's amulet that never show up on the market, stuff like that. Also bonus points if the build is somewhat easy to play as in no "press x, pray for proc, ramp up with y then go near and unleash z".
Rf inquis. Simple, easy, maps, bosses, and the guides are so detailed you can't fail.

But as a true bosser, mines are the go to as you can phase most stuff at budget and invitation per hour per div invested probably can't be beat.