Path of Exile

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I took the fresh ranger from level 69 to 82 and around 600 rating yesterday. I made ~25 divs by rank 500 with tons of raws on my first character. I've only seen one so far on this new toon. That loot seeding!??!?!?! With max block, spell block, and spell dodge the mobs barely connect. I'm glad I picked up the items before the masses saw it as I got the bow and quiver for maybe 70c total. It went from a cheap build of less than 10div to probably 30divs+ now. No Mageblood is needed as mentioned in the video (cheaper original version).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm still having trouble finding the league mechanic fun. Rewards have to be there, but I'm not going to do something just because it's rewarding. Especially when the build demands are so disjointed from the regular game. This seems akin to deep delving or no-hit sanctum running, but perhaps even worse?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm still having trouble finding the league mechanic fun. Rewards have to be there, but I'm not going to do something just because it's rewarding. Especially when the build demands are so disjointed from the regular game. This seems akin to deep delving or no-hit sanctum running, but perhaps even worse?

Well, nothing is worse than sanctum for someone who wanted the rewards but couldn't stand the mechanic (or even do it). All the drops in sanctum were account bound during that league so you HAD to do it if you wanted the relics, and the rewards were tied to the end of each floor boss, and you could just.... lose everything you had spent time gathering if you failed.

This league mechanic is way less time consuming. You get the rewards at the end of every round. And the rewards are all tradeable. I can see why people would hate it and find it frustrating, but as far as league mechanics that you can ignore and still enjoy the benefits of, this one is top tier. If you find you will never do the mechanic you can also make some nice extra currency selling the silver coins.

I'd say they nailed everything about how players can interact with the mechanic and its rewards while also kind of failing at the implementation of the mechanic itself.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider

The mechanic does feel that it will get stale fast, even more so with this cheese build. I'm not sure how much farming I will do once I hit 2k. This is much more forgiving, cheaper, and overall easier than the deep delving with penance brand or ice shot that I have done. Something is probably wrong with me as I was considering a no-hit hexblast character before I saw how cheap this tota cheese build was.

• 1Worf

Khane

The mechanic does feel that it will get stale fast, even more so with this cheese build. I'm not sure how much farming I will do once I hit 2k. This is much more forgiving, cheaper, and overall easier than the deep delving with penance brand or ice shot that I have done. Something is probably wrong with me as I was considering a no-hit hexblast character before I saw how cheap this tota cheese build was.

Speaking as someone who figured I would get tired of it... the rewards are so good and so diverse its kind of addictive. Especially when you start to play the mini game of "Okay let me try to make sure these Chieftains survive to the end so I can target their final battle rewards". I'm about 3 bubs away from 99 now doing nothing but the league mechanic since level 82.

So many things drop here. I *think* every base drop unique can show up. You get a ton of rare div cards. Winged scarabs show up often. Up to 5 raw divs (and the 5div card as well). And of course the tattoos are very lucrative if you sell in bulk (and you should always try to sell in bulk, the markup on bulk sales is insane).

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I'm never gonna be able to roll a dedicated trials build, like said above for the same reasons I never make a delver or dedicated bosser etc.

So far none of my characters have really felt completely useless in trials. Obviously the totems had a huge mechanical advantage over self casting a spell, but I've been able to clear up to rank 500-700 on everything so far with decent success. I've never really seen rewards that have kept me enticed to continue doing it though. Some smaller stuff here or there like some 20-30c tattoos and maybe an actual divine here or there, but for the amount of time it takes to clear a tournament out? I think I'd always rather just be mapping or whatever.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well, nothing is worse than sanctum for someone who wanted the rewards but couldn't stand the mechanic (or even do it). All the drops in sanctum were account bound during that league so you HAD to do it if you wanted the relics, and the rewards were tied to the end of each floor boss, and you could just.... lose everything you had spent time gathering if you failed.

This league mechanic is way less time consuming. You get the rewards at the end of every round. And the rewards are all tradeable. I can see why people would hate it and find it frustrating, but as far as league mechanics that you can ignore and still enjoy the benefits of, this one is top tier. If you find you will never do the mechanic you can also make some nice extra currency selling the silver coins.

I'd say they nailed everything about how players can interact with the mechanic and its rewards while also kind of failing at the implementation of the mechanic itself.
But the rewards themselves from relic runs are tradeable. But, then you're dealing with player-driven economies, which is another discussion.

I agree that the implementation of everything except the league mechanic itself is well done. Perhaps why my previous post wasn't that long. Not really losing much sleep over it. I will be a bit annoyed if this goes core and some build-defining tattoos become much more expensive.

That said, I haven't been able to make sense of people saying it's so rewarding but silver coins only being ~1c.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's just not something I can do a lot of before I'm ready to do something else. I had this get shat out

1694104197736.png

and wasn't interested in getting back in for more runs. The one shots and five second stuns are annoying as fuck, there's too much voice acting, there's too much running around between rounds, etc. I'm trying to play Path of Exile and it's like there's all this shit in the way of me playing the game and all that shit is in TotA.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Something else,

I know it's not how Path of Exile does things but I have no idea what more rating actually translates in to and that opacity keeps me from giving a fuck about it. Checking out some runs at high ratings I can't see the difference in any particular round between 300 and 1500.

Khane

Welp, speaking of league mechanic. This just happened.

1694105563960.png

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Ding!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cleared all 115 maps for the first time in a League. Started some Hall battles and went okay as long as I defended and occasionally went offence to help clear.

Lots of running and dashing as RF though.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The key to doing the mechanic is:

Don't be melee. Don't stack only mitigation.

That's literally it. Any ranged build can do it. You don't need evasion, you don't need max block, you don't need void sphere, you don't need temp chains. I got to 2k pre nerf with 50% spell block and 0 evasion with no gimmicks besides just being a minion build which is more or less the same as a spell caster. You've just got to not suck. Know when to kite and let your units do work, know when to help, know when to channel. If you're running into 6 mobs and channeling a totem you're going to lose because brain smooth. If you're sitting there trying to kill units rather than interrupt channelers, you're going to lose. It's about playing the system correctly and these cheese builds are nowhere near required like a no-hit Sanctum run would require one.

Sanctum is also a big fucking time trap because you can get fucked and brick your entire run due to RNG. RNG is bad in ToTA as well, but the one mulligan is more than enough to keep your win rate 90%+ if you know what you're doing.

I'm pretty sure most of the Reddit whining is because of the RF Mit Jugg effect. That's a god awful build for this mechanic and normies love that shit. Mitigation ain't doing shit passed 1200 and certainly not passed 1400. Monsters literally hit for something like 200k on attacks. Absolutely bonkers shit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The previous leagues everyone trained to be mitigation because of huge hits you couldn't seem to avoid/dodge. Now people have to swivel back and they're too boomer brained to understand that. Same shit that happened with item value being tired to rare mobs instead of blue mobs a few leagues ago and Empy and his cheese team QQ quitting rather than readjusting.