Path of Exile

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've only ever run Frostbite as it's usually the cheapest. But I believe the bug is that alphabetical order of flammability after elemental weakness will mess up the curse on hit during the detonation chain..

You don't want a double curse on hit anyway, anything you oneshot(high likelihood with hexblast) will not do the area effect because they won't be cursed beforehand. You want curse aura for smooth application initially and then curse on hit to keep the aoe and damage bonus going throughout the chain.
That's my understanding as well, at least the build I followed explained it as why your skitterbots run profane bloom (?) to replace one of their auras with a socketed curse. So you have one passive Flam/Frost and one on hit

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've only ever run Frostbite as it's usually the cheapest. But I believe the bug is that alphabetical order of flammability after elemental weakness will mess up the curse on hit during the detonation chain..

You don't want a double curse on hit anyway, anything you oneshot(high likelihood with hexblast) will not do the area effect because they won't be cursed beforehand. You want curse aura for smooth application initially and then curse on hit to keep the aoe and damage bonus going throughout the chain.
Yea I mispoke. And you're right, that was the bug. Also I don't think you want to run despair because you want to focus on a single element for hexblast. Anyway I solved my problem with a new wand, didn't realize you could get up to 11% and change base crit

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does anyone use a good trading macro (not price check like awakened, already using that). I tried the overwolf one and the features are great but overwolf is fucking shit.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there a YouTuber or twitch guy that focuses on the economy of poe (soft core primarily ). I know grim does to some degree but he’s still more broadly about how to make the most div/hr mapping or whatever. I’m more interested in if there’s a guy that dissects pricing patterns and in what way the poe economy mirrors real world markets and what types . Poe really has one of the most interesting economies of any online game out there and would be cool to get an experts take on it (and may prove valuable for getting insights on how best to game it)

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Welp I made it to 98 just grinding my way through content, but I don't think I have the time or energy to compromise my life to reach 100. Or to seek out accelerated mechanics to do it.

I failed yet again to kill Maven, just because I am too old and decrepit to do that retarded third stage memory game while the beams are rotating. The only way I will ever beat Maven will be with a dps build that can burn her down faster. I have no idea what my dps is at, since it is ignite-based, but it is enough to do all non-mechanical content without fear of dying (and by non-mechanical I mean like other than the walls of rolling fireballs or the energize the balls mechanic or anything Sirus related lol).

The league mechanic is meh and I am still under a 300 rating since I can only stomach doing one tournament and then I go do something else.

Surprisingly I am only at 10 achievements so I suppose I could grind out a couple more of those. Weird that you can play the game to 98 and only organically get 10 achievements.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I actually got to 100.... on my ToTA char.

I didn't think I would ever level to 100 in PoE. And then I did... in a minigame where dying doesn't matter on a build that did 0 damage and only had defenses so I could hold down a button on my mouse and collect loot.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I actually got to 100.... on my ToTA char.

I didn't think I would ever level to 100 in PoE. And then I did... in a minigame where dying doesn't matter on a build that did 0 damage and only had defenses so I could hold down a button on my mouse and collect loot.
Grats. It was a pretty chill mechanic. I enjoyed it.

If anyone wants it I have my TotA farmer's gear I can hand over. You probably need to get some cheapish tats for pot duration. I got to 2k and farmed a few hundred divs without ever taking a tourney loss. No hair or mirror though.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Ok here is how crap I am at this game.

I just did a zero-death Maven-witnessed Uber Atziri run, then did a regular Uber Atziri and ran out of portals. WTF.

For me, sometimes dying once in a boss fight means dying again and again because I can find it difficult to get set up and into rhythm again. That Atziri expanding circle of fire death can chain kill me easy when I am out of synch.

I also died on my only Sirus attempt this league. I hate that fucking fight with the fiery power of a thousand suns, but I have enough frags to try it a couple more times, so I guess I need to sum up the patience.

Oh, and I got hit by Shaper's last official ball of damage on a fight to miss out on the achievement. The exact last piece of damage on the board as he died. I am amazing at losing.

And my final diary entry for today is that I just got 4 Divs running the 10 or so Expedition logbooks I had saved. I am switching juiced mechanics for achievements so I thought I would clean it up, but that sums up why I enjoy Expedition content so much.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
Dropped some raw d's and decent RF gear in the guild stash if anyone is looking to get a late start for the league. Maybe a couple hundred in total.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I was cleaning up and ended up finding my old original Path of Exile stuff from 12 years ago I got for being a big supporter. I forgot all about the signed tshirt!

FoH FTW! lol

1697738914554.png

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Mic Drop
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When we submitting an idea for a joggin card that awards double corrupted seven league steps?

• 1Worf

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
dead league i know but cutedog currently has a 4 mirror (maybe 8??) sanctum run potentially going and he's stalling so hard its insane lol

Xevy

Log Wizard
yup 8 mirrors LOL
Just your classic 5, 700+ Divines Sanctum. Seems fine.

Haven't played in a month+ probably and prices are crazy. Magebloods are basically the same. Mirror's are twice as much, divines cost the EXACT SAME as they did when I stopped playing, and there's just a bunch of flux on mid tier stuff based on hot builds. ToTA and Sanctum are really Heist-ing the currency drops to a point where it's maybe (?) problematic. I don't know, honestly more divines just means more advanced crafting or rolling of T0's with bad stats.

I imagine they're going to tone down the Sanctum rewards a little bit, but honestly it may be in an okay place because you kind of need to ramp up with good relics to really juice it. ToTA, if it exists in any form, will probably be omega nerfed and just shit out tattoos which would be cool. I always thought the core mechanic should be the most worthwhile mechanic every league. The few exceptions were like Crucible and Kalandra. Mostly because Crucible you had to choose how to make a profit and it was almost all RNG and Kalandra was ultimate omega RNG on top of RNG with the duping of jewelry stats.

Watching Mathil go through his "I wanna try this" phase right now and he can't seem to lose. He's doing fucking Echo Forge Occultist CHARGED DASH right now and it looks pretty good. Defenses are lacking, but it does more damage than I'd ever imagine a fucking Echoforge build would.

Games in a good spot, hopefully the next league is big for the Holidays. Last Holiday season was Kalandra which was a big miss for most people, but the state of the game AROUND Kalandra was really good.

• 1Solidarity

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Imho if they don't have the time to do anything major to sanctum next league they should atleast make the tomes rarer.
But more long term they should probably alter the rewards to to be more like tota so you can get uniques, gems and fossils etc instead of only currency. So instead of a divine orb it might be enlighten support and instead of a mirror it might be a mageblood.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Imho if they don't have the time to do anything major to sanctum next league they should atleast make the tomes rarer.
But more long term they should probably alter the rewards to to be more like tota so you can get uniques, gems and fossils etc instead of only currency. So instead of a divine orb it might be enlighten support and instead of a mirror it might be a mageblood.
8 magebloods you say?

• 1Worf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Kalandra still had Archnemesis, you sure about that last statement?

Archnemsis didn't go away lol, they just removed all the names.

All the mods are still there and can stack in the same ways, they just hit rares with -1 affixes and deleted all the scary names people had come to hate

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users