Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
LOL at those xp nerfs... in what world is +40% to 99-100 a "small additional experience penalty"? Is he really claiming that a bunch of asshats who never go anywhere without a full group that contains at least 1, often 2, aurabots level quickly in a perfectly shaped and sextanted atlas and then complain to GGG that it was too fast? Maybe just recommend they check themselves into a mental institution for their masochism problem instead of trying to balance the game around them, eh?

I guess I should be relieved that none of that other stuff besides Vaal Pact, which we've known for a long time was getting gutted in 3.1, applies to any build I've ever been particularly interested in playing. Hopefully he didn't just forget to mention Bloodseeker while on the instant leech topic and they really did come out unscathed, I'm still leaning towards that for my starter build uberlab farmer.

No mention of Bisco's either? Ok....
I'm betting Bloodseeker won't be nerfed, the downside of being stuck with a sub 300 dps weapon is enough. Also, having to use blade flurry to map.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
No mention of Bisco's either? Ok....

My biggest issue and probably my personal #1 wanted nerf out of anything. Maybe tied with vaal pact.

Lots of QQ coming out but I think most those nerfs are reasonable (and they don't fuck with my typical builds so yay).

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Sunder still good!

20 bucks says sunder takes a nerf in the notes on wens. Probably smallish but I'd bet it will be there. They never drop all the nerfs pre patch notes. Gotta spread the butthurt over a period of time.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My biggest issue and probably my personal #1 wanted nerf out of anything. Maybe tied with vaal pact.
Personally I think Bisco makes PoE feel almost like a game with a loot system designed by reasonably sane people. I really don't want to see it go, but I also dislike having to throw out any build that uses a specific neck until I've already got 3-4k chaos in gear and currency like last league.

Lots of QQ coming out but I think most those nerfs are reasonable (and they don't fuck with my typical builds so yay).
I still think the XP increase was extremely uncalled for, and I'd also argue that Dark Pact got hit too hard by both direct and indirect nerfs.

20 bucks says sunder takes a nerf in the notes on wens. Probably smallish but I'd bet it will be there. They never drop all the nerfs pre patch notes. Gotta spread the butthurt over a period of time.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Bisco's shows up in there too. Pretty hard to believe Sunder won't be touched either, even though it's less that Sunder is too good and more that other melee skills are ass. Even if Sunder was the best melee skill, I find it clunky as hell to play even just to level with. Then again, other people hate Cyclone and I loved playing it last league so much I went through three different characters that all used it.

I'd also like to believe that Slayer (which I already liked far more than Zerk+VP for 99% of the content in the game) will be left alone to take the new VP, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen either.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider

You shut your whore mouth! Sunder is perfectly fine! *rocks in corner*

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Personally I think Bisco makes PoE feel almost like a game with a loot system designed by reasonably sane people. I really don't want to see it go, but I also dislike having to throw out any build that uses a specific neck until I've already got 3-4k chaos in gear and currency like last league.

I still think the XP increase was extremely uncalled for, and I'd also argue that Dark Pact got hit too hard by both direct and indirect nerfs.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Bisco's shows up in there too. Pretty hard to believe Sunder won't be touched either, even though it's less that Sunder is too good and more that other melee skills are ass. Even if Sunder was the best melee skill, I find it clunky as hell to play even just to level with. Then again, other people hate Cyclone and I loved playing it last league so much I went through three different characters that all used it.

I'd also like to believe that Slayer (which I already liked far more than Zerk+VP for 99% of the content in the game) will be left alone to take the new VP, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen either.

XP neft is meh to me, I don't think i've ever taken anyone past 95 before deciding to reroll a more expensive build. And I play while drinking / smoking / watching shows so my deaths tend to come pretty randomly lol.

Bisco's just pisses me off. I really don't mind the ol 'magic find' build but the item bastardizes the whole dichotomy between magic find and non magic find.

And ya, the problem with sunder is it's basically like some OP green or blue gem with what it does. Ironic one of the few decent 'melee' skills is a ranged skill.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Yikes, was going to go lowlife RF/SR. Now double nerf on that build with MoM and Rise taking a nerf. Hopefully will still be fine.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
You have 3 days, get on that shit.

If it wasn't my busy season i'd have done DP for the 10 day. This new league is horrible timing for me. Usually I poopsock for at least 2 weeks strait but I'm gonna have a hard time keeping up until I can get out the sock after the new years.

btw think imma go EEs ngamahu's style build with either slayer or zerker. See if vaal pact can still hold up decently.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
btw think imma go EEs ngamahu's style build with either slayer or zerker. See if vaal pact can still hold up decently.
I adapted it to Slayer so I could still run labs and found that to be far better than Zerk for anything but the big bosses. If Slayer somehow makes it through the patch notes unchanged then there's pretty much zero chance I'll play anything else. Slayer + VP + Ngamahu build .... I don't see how anything else can compete.

But like I said, there's no way Slayer isn't getting a beatdown with the nerf bat. You'll probably have to take VP just to come close to what it was before.

Caliane

I adapted it to Slayer so I could still run labs and found that to be far better than Zerk for anything but the big bosses. If Slayer somehow makes it through the patch notes unchanged then there's pretty much zero chance I'll play anything else. Slayer + VP + Ngamahu build .... I don't see how anything else can compete.

But like I said, there's no way Slayer isn't getting a beatdown with the nerf bat. You'll probably have to take VP just to come close to what it was before.
[PSA] Slayer Nerf • r/pathofexile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So a slayer will still be able to roll 46% continuous HPS instead of 70%. That's still plenty powerful. Wonder if it's worthwhile to consider slayer over gladiator for my starting sunder character.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So a slayer will still be able to roll 46% continuous HPS instead of 70%. That's still plenty powerful. Wonder if it's worthwhile to consider slayer over gladiator for my starting sunder character.

Gladiator is so nice with sunder.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'd probably still take Brutal Fervor so I could have flexibility in the boot slot. Are abyssal socket in belt and boots this next league?

Derp, nevermind, cyclone immune to stun...

Idk, stun tree? 30% AOE size doesn't seem worth 2 ass points.