Path of Exile

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I like the portal. But I also see at least 5 or 6 challenges that there is no way I'm bothering with.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Guess the loot box was part of the harbinger rewards that are going out now.

Borzak

I didn't buy anything, but I haven't looked so dunno how long it's been there.

Caliane

yeah, im being dumb and over thinking it. The Mayhem, and Turmoil race rewards for hitting level 35, were chaos and order mystery boxes.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I like the portal. But I also see at least 5 or 6 challenges that there is no way I'm bothering with.
Which one are those? The bottom 3 look annoying and not worth the effort. Maybe run 300 elder and shaper maps each, but I did 1337 last league, so...

I did 34 last league without killing shaper or uber atziri and these look easier. Hoping I can do 36, portal looks nice.

Borzak

Got the spell effect figured out. I was looking at the stuff I had using M instead of K to put it to use.

Vorph

Which one are those? The bottom 3 look annoying and not worth the effort. Maybe run 300 elder and shaper maps each, but I did 1337 last league, so...

I did 34 last league without killing shaper or uber atziri and these look easier. Hoping I can do 36, portal looks nice.
The ones that concern me are:

Complete these Encounters II (double possess can be cheesed with prophecies iirc, but I've only seen an Inner Treasure rare 2-3 times ever)
Complete these Encounters III (cartographers strongbox)
Complete these Encounters IV (corrupted essence)
Complete Influenced Maps (unless it's not as bad as it sounds, or I somehow find a build I like even more than Ngamahu)
Complete following Encounters II (also maybe not as bad as it sounds)
Complete Endgame Grinds (no fucking way)

If I play enough to do 600 influenced maps and/or happen to just randomly get the annoying parts of 1-2 of those encounter ones done then I'll go for the 36. Definitely not something I'd try to farm, and I can't be bothered trying to use trade chat to buy them.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The ones that concern me are:

Complete these Encounters II (double possess can be cheesed with prophecies iirc, but I've only seen an Inner Treasure rare 2-3 times ever)
Complete these Encounters III (cartographers strongbox)
Complete these Encounters IV (corrupted essence)
Complete Influenced Maps (unless it's not as bad as it sounds, or I somehow find a build I like even more than Ngamahu)
Complete following Encounters II (also maybe not as bad as it sounds)
Complete Endgame Grinds (no fucking way)

If I play enough to do 600 influenced maps and/or happen to just randomly get the annoying parts of 1-2 of those encounter ones done then I'll go for the 36. Definitely not something I'd try to farm, and I can't be bothered trying to use trade chat to buy them.
Didn't notice the double possess, good catch, that will be annoying. I don't see cartographer's that annoying...are they exceedingly rare? Same for essence, it's an "or", so you only have to hit one.

Vorph

Yeah, nevermind the cartographers, I was thinking of something else rarity-wise.

I've never hit a top tier corrupted essence though, so that one I still think sucks.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Double possess you can do on the shore map(there are two low health ghosts that spawn at certain health thresholds).

Caliane

I feel like I get "inner treasure' once or twice per league. And I dont play crazy like most of you. I think its more common then "echoing shrine", or carto.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Question for you guys.

How in the living hell do you decide garbage vs keeper for unique items. Most of the junk in my bank is just that, junk. I want to sell it but have no idea the worth.

Also, how are you guys handling gems? I have 3 tabs+ filled with them. 1 tab for each color.

Can I reset gems back to lvl 1? I also read on Reddit that some gems you do NOT want to level pass lvl 4. Anyone know why?

The map end game seems fine now, that I understand it, but I REALLY need an addon to separate loot somehow. Anyone have one they recommend?

Caliane

what to keep?
first, you have to answer, do you play ssf, or trade heavily?
SSF, you'll keep alot of things, just for giggles, or self use if you feel like it. Alts, etc.

Trade heavily?, you'll want to trash all the garbage.

telling worth for trade. That is kindof supercomplicated with no solid answer. Experience. You can constantly look things up. Which isn't really reasonable for every single item you get..
But, over time you'll get a feel for what is A. RARE. B. has good rolls.
Like reddit had a talk on The Wind div card the other day(windripper from jungle valley). A guy was asking if it was easy to farm, as Humility for tabula. The answer is no. The wind is super rare. Probably more rare then just getting a Windripper directly.. no way of knowing that, other then experience though.

Uniques have rarities. Common ones, rare ones. Then, even a good unique might have a shit roll.
Facebreaker A facebreaker with less then 700% is garbage.
Belly of the Beast A 30% belly roll is well still a belly, but shit compared to a 40%.
So, knowing what the possible rolls on any given unique are, is needed as well.

Gems. SSF nerd, I keep tabs. 1 green, 1 red, 1 blue. 1 "quality+vaal"
This is fairly unusual. most traders do not pick them up at all. only grab Quaity gems, to do the 20% gcp recipe. vaal gems maybe? and drop only gems. Detonate mines, portal, added chaos, enhance, empower, enlighten.

Gems can be reset to level 1, or have -1 level from them. vendor the gem + scouring orb for -1 level. vendor the gem+regret orb, for reset to level 1.
Vendor recipe system

NOT leveling gems. Theres several reasons to do this.
one. stat requirements become too high.
two. mana requirements become too high. some skills, increase mana costs with little to no increase in value to you. like orb of storms+curse on hit. the orb is to curse, increasing its level only increases damage, which you dont care about. possibly. Or, more obviously Clarity, which increases mana reservation.
Three. Cast when damage taken. Cast when Damage Taken Support CWDT has caps on the level of the skill it can cast, based on its level. and, at the same time, increasing ITS level, increases the amount of damage you take BEFORE it goes off. So, if you want CWDT to cast a level 20 immortal call, you need a level 20 CWDT. however, at the same time, you need to take 3272 DAMAGE, before it will cast. conversely, if you want to CWDT to go off FASTER, such a 725 damage, at level 4, you then need a level 4 immortal call as well.
Fourth, are you confusing the level 3 MAX level skill gems?
Empower Support Empower, enchance, and enlighten only level to 3. (can get higher with +level)

separate loot as in a loot filter on drops, or an addon to judge value?
Forum - Gameplay Help and Discussion - [Loot Filter] One Filter to Rule Them All v3.0.0 (Updated 2017-08-04) - Path of Exile

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
what to keep?
first, you have to answer, do you play ssf, or trade heavily?
SSF, you'll keep alot of things, just for giggles, or self use if you feel like it. Alts, etc.

Trade heavily?, you'll want to trash all the garbage.

telling worth for trade. That is kindof supercomplicated with no solid answer. Experience. You can constantly look things up. Which isn't really reasonable for every single item you get..
But, over time you'll get a feel for what is A. RARE. B. has good rolls.
Like reddit had a talk on The Wind div card the other day(windripper from jungle valley). A guy was asking if it was easy to farm, as Humility for tabula. The answer is no. The wind is super rare. Probably more rare then just getting a Windripper directly.. no way of knowing that, other then experience though.

Uniques have rarities. Common ones, rare ones. Then, even a good unique might have a shit roll.
Facebreaker A facebreaker with less then 700% is garbage.
Belly of the Beast A 30% belly roll is well still a belly, but shit compared to a 40%.
So, knowing what the possible rolls on any given unique are, is needed as well.

Gems. SSF nerd, I keep tabs. 1 green, 1 red, 1 blue. 1 "quality+vaal"
This is fairly unusual. most traders do not pick them up at all. only grab Quaity gems, to do the 20% gcp recipe. vaal gems maybe? and drop only gems. Detonate mines, portal, added chaos, enhance, empower, enlighten.

Gems can be reset to level 1, or have -1 level from them. vendor the gem + scouring orb for -1 level. vendor the gem+regret orb, for reset to level 1.
Vendor recipe system

NOT leveling gems. Theres several reasons to do this.
one. stat requirements become too high.
two. mana requirements become too high. some skills, increase mana costs with little to no increase in value to you. like orb of storms+curse on hit. the orb is to curse, increasing its level only increases damage, which you dont care about. possibly. Or, more obviously Clarity, which increases mana reservation.
Three. Cast when damage taken. Cast when Damage Taken Support CWDT has caps on the level of the skill it can cast, based on its level. and, at the same time, increasing ITS level, increases the amount of damage you take BEFORE it goes off. So, if you want CWDT to cast a level 20 immortal call, you need a level 20 CWDT. however, at the same time, you need to take 3272 DAMAGE, before it will cast. conversely, if you want to CWDT to go off FASTER, such a 725 damage, at level 4, you then need a level 4 immortal call as well.
Fourth, are you confusing the level 3 MAX level skill gems?
Empower Support Empower, enchance, and enlighten only level to 3. (can get higher with +level)

separate loot as in a loot filter on drops, or an addon to judge value?
Forum - Gameplay Help and Discussion - [Loot Filter] One Filter to Rule Them All v3.0.0 (Updated 2017-08-04) - Path of Exile

You're a godsend. Thanks

So essentially I just need to play to figure out the garbage from the great. Like I KNOW my gear for my WW Slayer, and what I want need. So any items centered around this build I have a good handle on. Like I know my Belly of the beast has great rolls, based upon everything I see linked in trade, and looked up. My boots suck, but I can't find better.

Holy shit the vendor recipe system!! Thank You!

As for confusing the 3 max level skill gems? Nope Don't even know what you are talking about. BUT you explained EXACTLY what I needed as far as leveling gems. That explains a ton because I thought CWDT was pretty meh. I rarely saw it used.

quality+vaal?

Caliane

Y
Holy shit the vendor recipe system!! Thank You!
yes.. been playing for YEARS, and still I live on the wiki. Game is insane for that.

"So essentially I just need to play to figure out the garbage from the great." more or less. particularly in a timely fashion. you can check poetrade constantly for every item you get... but thats a bit unreasonable.
With experience, you can get a better eye for whats good, or not, outside of super niche. like, a 200+es shield, or 1h weapon with over 200pdamage, 1.6s+ attack speed. you'll get an idea of what is trash based on a minimum requirements, and the items base.
IDK, maybe someone has a writeup. but you probably wont really remember until again experiance. Where you remember those swords which are outliers after seeing you 1003th 1.2 attack speed one, or 343078 sword with less then 200 top end damage.

Jarex

Bronze Knight of the Realm
PoE Trade Macro is very useful for quickly checking affix info on items, youtube video here

Vorph

I feel like I get "inner treasure' once or twice per league. And I dont play crazy like most of you. I think its more common then "echoing shrine", or carto.
Echoing shrines show up in uberlab fairly regularly. I'd guess I saw 10-15 last season, sometimes twice in one run even. Not sure I ever saw one outside of lab, maybe once?

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Question for you guys.
How in the living hell do you decide garbage vs keeper for unique items. Most of the junk in my bank is just that, junk. I want to sell it but have no idea the worth.

Install this: GitHub - PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro: Price checking script for Path of Exile.

Hover over the item in question with your mouse and Hit CTRL-D which shows the current market prices of the uniques. It doesn't work as well for Rares as there is too much variability.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user