Path of Exile

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm halfway through act 4 and the syndicate guys are starting to get really nasty. It's also just plain hard to see what's going on sometimes, with all the spell effects. Haven't had nearly as much trouble with bosses as the last time I played so I'd like to think it's not the build that's the problem this time around.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
i'm pretty good at pricing but some of the stuff that may be higher end I have a harder time with. Anyone wanna help with this? Can take a way better craft too, just put this on for now

1544546189416.png

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
i'm pretty good at pricing but some of the stuff that may be higher end I have a harder time with. Anyone wanna help with this? Can take a way better craft too, just put this on for now
This has nothing to do with your question, but now that I'm playing PoE, I finally realized what the inspiration behind your avatar pic is! I just thought it looked cool before. Mind blown.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Stopped playing my arc witch at 83ish and rolled up a apoc brand elementalist. Its a blast so far. Can stream/post a vid later of the leveling process if anyones interested.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Just started this on Xbox One X. Is it just me or is this worlds beyond DIablo 3 as far as content? Fun game so far.

(Sorry I am VERY late to the party here)

I played on Xbox for a while. It's great on there.

Cons of Xbox:. Trade sucks, no LFG mechanism, no cross play, can't map buttons on controller.

I have a ghetto controller setup for it on PC. Works well enough for when I'm playing for hours and at low to moderate intensity.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I figure I might get into this for a while, been looking for a new game to play but goddamn does it seem daunting and overwhelming when you first come into the game and look at the all the shit. Anyone around that wants to hop on our discord or something and give me some basics. I am starting with the ranger chick.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I am kind of just going at my own pace and running through quests and such and finding loot. I have a feeling whatever I do for the first 60 or so levels really don't matter much? Just play it like I would Diablo 3? (Playing on PC it is way easier to pick up the items I want over the ones I don't)

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah I am sort of thinking the same thing. First play through just do whatever and use skillpoints knowing I am going to fuck it up just to get a feel for shit.

• 1Like

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Can anyone recommend a cheap, easy to play range build that will get me to 100? I am by no means a PoE expert and tired of getting shit builds from youtube, etc. Find myself really not enjoying the my BV Witch/Elementalist in the 60's due to the stupid syndicate npcs starting to wreck, have no real problems with the other npcs..

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Drop a decoy totem and spam shit (skeletons, w/e) into it. Repeat as necessary.

Now u have wrecked the one thing giving you trouble.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah I am sort of thinking the same thing. First play through just do whatever and use skillpoints knowing I am going to fuck it up just to get a feel for shit.
I am kind of just going at my own pace and running through quests and such and finding loot. I have a feeling whatever I do for the first 60 or so levels really don't matter much? Just play it like I would Diablo 3? (Playing on PC it is way easier to pick up the items I want over the ones I don't)

I'm probably in the way minority but I think this is the best way to start the game. It might seem overwhelming but it's really not. Passive tree is huge but not complicated. Tons of gems but it mostly comes down to attack skills/spells and buffs for those.

Basic tip while levelling I would say just make sure you are prioritizing life on the passive tree and getting your resists up on gear. You get plenty of damage for the lower levels without needing to invest a bunch of points into it on the tree. Also like I mentioned in my previous post; pick up, identify and vendor every rare you find that you don't equip. Don't bother picking up blue or white items unless they have a red + blue + green socket all linked (should be highlighted if you're using an item filter) since those vendor for chromatics which you will want to pick up and vendor along with all the rares.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Can anyone recommend a cheap, easy to play range build that will get me to 100? I am by no means a PoE expert and tired of getting shit builds from youtube, etc. Find myself really not enjoying the my BV Witch/Elementalist in the 60's due to the stupid syndicate npcs starting to wreck, have no real problems with the other npcs..

I would figure ele BV would smash syndicates between lifesteal and freezing and everything else.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Wizardhawk is still getting in the habit of consulting the wiki and using PoB, years into his PoE career. He is indeed committed to continuously learning this vastly complex game.

• 1Worf

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Not using blasphemy warlords mark? If all your mana is reserved in auras I would figure out what you want to remove to put it on. I play scion for my BV builds so I get access to overleech and it's easier to get to vaal pact from scion start but even without it should be a solid bump to survivability.

That being said, you could always just go with arc totems like everyone else seems to be if you don't want to stick with BV.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Not using blasphemy warlords mark? If all your mana is reserved in auras I would figure out what you want to remove to put it on. I play scion for my BV builds so I get access to overleech and it's easier to get to vaal pact from scion start but even without it should be a solid bump to survivability.
Yeah, this build uses heralds, i have started moving away from them. Thanks for all the ideas guys!