Path of Exile

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Made it past que and char select and I am back to doing absolutely no damage with my starter skills. Can't get to mervil fast enough.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Do normal lab ASAP if you are hurting for gear, the optional chests there shower you with rares now and it's much shorter.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone know where to find the efficacy support gem?

EDIT: Never mind. It's a reward from Act 3 "A Fixture of Fate". Wasn't on POE wiki which is where I get all my info. I actually had to google something and then look through different links... weird.

Caliane

its new. wiki etc, have not been updated with 3.0 info.
there was a beta compendium, but even that stuff is not necessarily the same as live.

Act 4 gems were not sold in library in beta.
Act 6 has a merchant that sells all skill gems.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
The global chat in this game....

My first encounter with a large online chat (in a game) was EC tunnels in EQ in 99. Other than people raging at prices or trains, I don't much recall ever feeling the need to turn it off to let my brain rest from stupidity.
Then came barrens chat in WoW, which was like lowering the age of the chat down to what 12 year olds would say. But no real malice if you would. Just immature to a new level I hadn't seen before.

PoE chat.... I don't even know. Topics are "adult" (ranging from politics to sex), but with just... questions are met with pure contentment, hatred and spite. Random topics they discuss take 30 seconds to devolve into "who can write the most edgy insult". Not having played this for probably two years, is the community really this utterly toxic or is it just an influx of ... I don't even know age range they are. I had my map timer reset after using a town portal because I spent 10+ minutes just reading it. It's like a car crash. I can't look away.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

What should I do with:
Deal with the Bandits - Official Path of Exile Wiki

as a frostblade raider? Leaning toward Kraityn.
Oak, passives, alira imho. in that order of preference. if swords/daggers alira and passives are even.

IAS in passive trees is pretty common. you'll even be skipping over alot, becuase 3%/node is not worth grabbing. while IAS is solid for FB, again, 3% per is not.
move speed same deal, youll have alot. that 3%/per is not enough.
3% dodge. same deal. are you building for it?

2 passives could be quickstep, for 9% IAS/6%move, for example. Which itself is not usually worth, and your build probably skipped right past.

So, the passives would be solid.
Or, Oak. 1% life regen is nice.
2% phys DR. usually very good/needed for evasion rangers.
20% inc phys. great for phys Frostblades.

If, you are going swords/daggers. Crit multi from alira ain't bad either. 15% elem resists frees up gearing a bit.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
This build seems much more casual/newb friendly thank the last one. Just the map help on where a waypoint or door or NPC is.

I'm finally using a couple of the in game currency items to get decent weapons. I was running around with crappy Jade Cutter when I realized I can use 2 orbs and get a yellow with 4 linked slots. Huge improvement. Also finding Sunder was harder with a Dualist, I had to look it up and buy it instead of being offered it. I have some gem that gives me Onslaught proc on kills with Sunder now, sweet. The quicksliver thing is great too.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Arakali is kinda retarded, I slapped her down to 50% and then died like 5 times, because chaos damage boss while leveling is a good idea ...

Digging the new maps, even though the acts feel really long.

Caliane

Arakali is kinda retarded, I slapped her down to 50% and then died like 5 times, because chaos damage boss while leveling is a good idea ...

Digging the new maps, even though the acts feel really long.
new bosses def are no joke for new players.
resists especially are needed much earlier. Fire for goat, tukohama in act6, and innocence act 5. chaos for spider.

Also, the all hate melee. spider is much easier as ranged. a cakewalk. you can avoid all the damage with player movement. while melee, its much harder.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
new bosses def are no joke for new players.
resists especially are needed much earlier. Fire for goat, tukohama in act6, and innocence act 5. chaos for spider.

Also, the all hate melee. spider is much easier as ranged. a cakewalk. you can avoid all the damage with player movement. while melee, its much harder.
Tukohama was easy, even if a bit slow, since most of his damage can be danced around even as melee. Goat killed me like once, Brine King was ez, since I just plopped ancestral warchief under him and burned the adds with frostblades. Facetanked Greust, both Maligaro and Doedre could be mostly burned. But approaching Arakali when she wasn't set on fire by the fox or what that mechanic was was a death sentence. Oh that bear in Dread Thicket destroyed me, since his debuff stays even through death, so you get into oneshot territory very swiftly. That one gets to live for a while longer.

Really, running 3link AW made most of the bosses so far quite bearable, even if my build shines mostly on trash.

Myst

Peasant
What is the deal with Chaos orbs? I already got 3 and I am only level 20. I was told to hold on to them for later or trade them for a unique to level with. Any advice is appreciated.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
What is the deal with Chaos orbs? I already got 3 and I am only level 20. I was told to hold on to them for later or trade them for a unique to level with. Any advice is appreciated.

Absolutely hold onto them for trading. They are the primary currency of the game. For example, If you're following a starter build it may have a unique you want to buy at level 60 from another player that costs 10 chaos on poe.trade

Myst

Peasant
Absolutely hold onto them for trading. They are the primary currency of the game. For example, If you're following a starter build it may have a unique you want to buy at level 60 from another player that costs 10 chaos on poe.trade

Awesome thanks

Caliane

yes.

The increase is not doubled though.

100 physical damage.
60% physical to cold conversion.
=
40 phys, 60 cold damage.

+20% increased phys.
=48 phys, 72 cold.

+20%inc phys, AND 20% inc cold.
=48phys, 84 cold.

so, the conversion happens, and that converted cold damage, gains both the increased cold and increased phys, added together. gaining 40%.
its, NOT, one then the other, for 44%.

Iceblades and winter spirit will give you 100% cold conversion. which is great, as all your phys will be cold, and gain from inc cold, and gain from cold pentration.

• 1Like

Ryanz

<Banned>
The global chat in this game....

My first encounter with a large online chat (in a game) was EC tunnels in EQ in 99. Other than people raging at prices or trains, I don't much recall ever feeling the need to turn it off to let my brain rest from stupidity.
Then came barrens chat in WoW, which was like lowering the age of the chat down to what 12 year olds would say. But no real malice if you would. Just immature to a new level I hadn't seen before.

PoE chat.... I don't even know. Topics are "adult" (ranging from politics to sex), but with just... questions are met with pure contentment, hatred and spite. Random topics they discuss take 30 seconds to devolve into "who can write the most edgy insult". Not having played this for probably two years, is the community really this utterly toxic or is it just an influx of ... I don't even know age range they are. I had my map timer reset after using a town portal because I spent 10+ minutes just reading it. It's like a car crash. I can't look away.

Never judge a community by their general chat. It's like going into the inner city ghetto and judging the entire state based on what you see.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Am 37. Either my build is OP at early levels or I got really lucky with gear but I'm just one-shotting every mob I run into. I'm hoping it gets harder because this is pretty boring otherwise.

I did just do the ascendency labyrinth and the three boss fights felt like the first time I couldn't just facetank everything, was pretty fun, but now it's back to BTFOing everything I see.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Am 37. Either my build is OP at early levels or I got really lucky with gear but I'm just one-shotting every mob I run into. I'm hoping it gets harder because this is pretty boring otherwise.

I did just do the ascendency labyrinth and the three boss fights felt like the first time I couldn't just facetank everything, was pretty fun, but now it's back to BTFOing everything I see.

Later it gets harder because of resists. Once you get that -60 resist debuff, it gets a lot harder to hit the cap.