Path of Exile

Myst

Peasant
Regarding gear (rares, not uniques) learn the stat tiers that each item can have. That'll learn you what separates an OK item from a Good item from a zomfgGREAT item.

I know must off them by heart now but PoEAffix is my go-to if I can't remember something.

I don't know if I am missing something, but how can you tell what weapons are good using the PoEAffix site? I clicked on one handed axes and all I see is a list of base Mods, master mods etc. I was expecting a list of items with names and how to acquire them.

I'll have to take a bit of time to read the Wiki to learn how to calculate dmg in this game. Seems a bit complicated at first glance, but I am sure once I get the base equation it will be easy to figure out. I learned the hard way not to rely on the DPS # on our Char sheet. Same as D3 I guess.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I accepted this reality by choosing a popular build pushed by a lot of popular people. I'm basically square in the group of newbies causing overpriced items.

Ironically Mathil didn't even suggest using claws in his build, and I'm more following these two builds:
Forum - Witch - [3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF - Path of Exile
Forum - Ranger - [3.0 UPDATED] DW Frost Blades - 80% cold pen, Insane clear speed All CONTENT "cheap" - Path of Exile

Which have quite a few differences.
TBH Mathil builds are great since they are almost always very mobile with good clearspeed. It's a style choice to an extent, he is famous for skimping on defense. Still I feel like the Mathil version should have more damage, but getting dreamfeathers is a pain.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know if I am missing something, but how can you tell what weapons are good using the PoEAffix site? I clicked on one handed axes and all I see is a list of base Mods, master mods etc. I was expecting a list of items with names and how to acquire them.

I'll have to take a bit of time to read the Wiki to learn how to calculate dmg in this game. Seems a bit complicated at first glance, but I am sure once I get the base equation it will be easy to figure out. I learned the hard way not to rely on the DPS # on our Char sheet. Same as D3 I guess.

This by far is the best guide I've seen and honestly even after going through the video a few times, it is still a lot of information to take in.

I still get confused on what is an affix or a suffix. I thought there was a plugin for Chrome or something that you can use with poe.trade, but not sure.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There's a AHK script that looks that stuff up for you. Does poe.trade price checks too. Will look it up when I get home.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
TBH Mathil builds are great since they are almost always very mobile with good clearspeed. It's a style choice to an extent, he is famous for skimping on defense. Still I feel like the Mathil version should have more damage, but getting dreamfeathers is a pain.
Yeah I can't quite remember how easy it was to level in 2013 but it seems like, 5x easier now. I think there are level 94? people and it's only been a few days. I can see wanting to maintain a stable of different farming characters with different roles, where as before the leveling process was more painful and you just wanted to focus on one. So a frostblade raider that is great at clearing maps but not great at boss fights would serve a distinct purpose if I also had a character focused on boss fights and had less AoE capability.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
This by far is the best guide I've seen and honestly even after going through the video a few times, it is still a lot of information to take in.

I still get confused on what is an affix or a suffix. I thought there was a plugin for Chrome or something that you can use with poe.trade, but not sure.

Awesome vid, answered some questions I didnt know I needed answered.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PoE.trade is practically useless to me this league, at least for uniques. Someone released a tool (PoE-scambot--ignore the name, it's just weird "humor") that allows you to scan sellers' stash tabs directly, cutting out the middle man. Not only that, it also puts the message onto your clipboard automatically so you don't even have to alt-tab.

So if you want to buy any of the relatively inexpensive uniques like Lycosidae, Rat's Nest, or Tabula Rasa there's guaranteed to be someone out there running this script who will be sending a message to buy it a minute or so before the item even appears on PoE.trade. I've sent probably 150-200 messages in the last 24h trying to buy those items and haven't gotten a single response, so I guess I have to break down and install Python and start competing with them directly. It still highlights yet another flaw in the way the game does trading though.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
PoE.trade is practically useless to me this league, at least for uniques. Someone released a tool (PoE-scambot--ignore the name, it's just weird "humor") that allows you to scan sellers' stash tabs directly, cutting out the middle man. Not only that, it also puts the message onto your clipboard automatically so you don't even have to alt-tab.

So if you want to buy any of the relatively inexpensive uniques like Lycosidae, Rat's Nest, or Tabula Rasa there's guaranteed to be someone out there running this script who will be sending a message to buy it a minute or so before the item even appears on PoE.trade. I've sent probably 150-200 messages in the last 24h trying to buy those items and haven't gotten a single response, so I guess I have to break down and install Python and start competing with them directly. It still highlights yet another flaw in the way the game does trading though.
GitHub - Tonexus/poe-scambot: A tool meant to quickly and efficiently search for items in Path of Exile via the stash tab API.

Yeah this sounds much better than poe.trade, especially since it's faster.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Got to act 8 last night on my SRS/necro, around level 60. Seems like SRS does most of the DPS work while zombies are meatshields since their AI is soooo bad. I can't tell if I'm just more experienced with the game now or if SRS/necro is a better build than AW/dual totem, but I'm dying a ton less, like around 10 deaths total so far, and all on the new bosses mainly because I don't know the mechanics. Probably the former (I'm more used to the game now) for why I'm dying less. This is the first time I've ever messed around with curses/auras before, what a big difference they can make lol. I didn't bother with my AW totem guy, but I may have to revisit that. Being a Mistress of Sacrifice and using flesh offering or bone offering seems OP. Definitely will be great for map speed clearing.

A little worried about end-game though, from what I've read SRS/necro isn't the ideal build to clear all content. Maybe if I'm lucky enough this league I will be able to afford those golem jewels to go golemancer. Also I hope the price of Baron's comes down. It was 2 ex last night.......I had 2 drop when I was playing my other toon, this league I hope they haven't changed it's drop rate.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I can't quite remember how easy it was to level in 2013 but it seems like, 5x easier now. I think there are level 94? people and it's only been a few days. I can see wanting to maintain a stable of different farming characters with different roles, where as before the leveling process was more painful and you just wanted to focus on one. So a frostblade raider that is great at clearing maps but not great at boss fights would serve a distinct purpose if I also had a character focused on boss fights and had less AoE capability.
Atlas of Worlds bumped up the levels and accessibility of the endgame, you don't have problems sustaining endgame anymore and everybody obviously got better, so much so that endgame leveling builds are a category of their own. If your build is solid, you can generally clean all content with some minor changes, but specialized builds have easier time, even if leveling and gearing them takes more time and money.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ancient Orb is pretty OP if you get the right roll, not sure on weapons yet if its weapon specific but chest armor definitely is completely random. Turned a low level unique chest into a 61 unique chest, and then there's this guy...

Caliane

Too many chests to make that gamble profit.

Flasks are the best likely scenario imo, as we discussed in chat.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider

They all compete through GGG's API, I wonder what their bandwith is these days. There were private scanners at least 2-3 leagues ago, even poe.trade added the live search which is basically live trading on stock exchange. I'd love it if they cut back on the number of update requests, since it is getting a bit silly. You underprice a hot item by 2-3c and you get a torrent of 40 messages.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

That explains why I can't buy a carnage heart to save my life

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Ha some guy on HCH did shaper couple days ago with a RF scorching ray inq. Burned his health damn quick too, 3 phases i think it took? On a 5 link also, he has since respecced his character to lowlife with a shavs and went guardian.