Path of Exile

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Is it something specific about that build? Hexblast doesn't seem visually intensive. I've played on my potato computer multiple time, no slideshows.

Were you playing a miner? I lowered some more settings and eventually rebooted which seemed to help. Its playable now but it does get choppy from time to time.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Were you playing a miner? I lowered some more settings and eventually rebooted which seemed to help. Its playable now but it does get choppy from time to time.
Mines are the only way I've played Hexblast. It was my main build that I finished the league with in 3.20, it was my starter in 3.21, and I'm prepping it now after trying a bunch of stuff in 3.22.

FWIW, I did a poison PF version just yesterday. Sucks(poison kills too slow for the mines to implicitly diversify its targets) but still no slideshow. I'm on a 1060 6GB, i5-7500, 16GB of RAM.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I was using pyroclast mine and felt like fuckin fireworks all over the screen. I havent updated my gfx in awhile though. Using an radeon R8 still. Decided to be a fan boy and reroll an occultist for ice trap/frost bomb. This 96 RF inquis I got for $50 is a good powerleveler :D

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I am not sure your comments about buying currency and, evidently, an entire character really fit the typical PoE conversation around here.

I don't know about everyone else, but this was my reaction to both comments:

By the by, I lucked into a Eater Shrine rewarding Divines in a map today and got 9 out of it. I am not specc'd in it, and was part way through the map, but I know a lucky happenstance when I get it!

• 1Solidarity

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I am not sure your comments about buying currency and, evidently, an entire character really fit the typical PoE conversation around here.

I don't know about everyone else, but this was my reaction to both comments:

By the by, I lucked into a Eater Shrine rewarding Divines in a map today and got 9 out of it. I am not specc'd in it, and was part way through the map, but I know a lucky happenstance when I get it!
9! Well thats fucking awesome

• 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
You use an 8 year old GPU but paid for a braindead character?
Yeah I figure when I update my GPU I'll have to update the cpu, mobo and the rest. Maybe for christmas. Got a new job and I travel a lot so yes buying a braindead character to have some quick fun, seeing how much time POE takes to play/learn. Will be interesting to try to play it on my steam deck when I'm away.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Okay someone sanity check me here:

Fucking around with returning proj in standard and lightning strike is hitting with all returning projectiles for some reason? Base 3 proj with golden rule on results in 6 self poisons against a medium-ish sized boss in one attack. I added a 4th proj from the tree and got 8 poisons etc, so it appears to just work? There's no way it can actually work this way so I feel like I must be fucking something up, cause if not lightning strike is the only skill that does this that I can find.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I have a character setup for these kind of tests in standard, I'll give it a try later tonight.

Shrapnel Ballista explicitly says enemies can be hit by multiple projectiles. Jungroan is currently abusing this with Nimis. I think he's being disingenuous with how many returning projectiles hit, but I don't really want to test this one since it involves Gloomfang and precise totem health counts.

3.19 patch notes said:
Fixed a bug where Lightning Strike could hit a single target twice from one attack. (This fixed the "triple hit" interaction; Lightning Strike's interaction additional Strikes is unchanged.
Maybe some version of this is back? Don't discount what you're seeing, the meta threw Lightning Strike in the trash bin and it takes multiple leagues sometimes for people to (re)discover novel interactions. Jungroan ripped that build off someone else and it's HIS ring.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Remember boys always gamble you never lose

Capture.PNG

• 1Genius!
  • 1Ding!
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yeah, that makes no sense. I don't see anything on his character that would enable either. Know if it's being discussed anywhere else?

Nope only video I've been able to find even mentioning it, which makes me really doubt it's actually working reliably. There's still a ton of lightning strike players and someone by now would have noticed that it's doing 5x more damage than it should.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Just getting to red maps with trauma jugg nonsense now. So far it feels like so much work to get damage out of an otherwise mediocre setup? Glacial hammer is the most melee you can possibly be, and even with a shitload of extra strikes and the splash mastery its clear is complete ass.

Investing shitloads in to defense to be able to stack trauma makes it play kind of like a poison build in that you have serious ramp time to do actual damage. I'm not sure how you could possible fit crit in to this kind of setup either, which means you're relying purely on freeze chance on the gem and a few passives to actually free enemies and the result is your damage is wildly inconsistent when you lowroll freezes for a few hits. Or sometimes it all lines up perfectly with a ruthless hit and bosses vanish instantly.

Overall I'm very unimpressed so far. I'm sure I could clean this up some more but I'm not sure I actually care to put more work in to it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I did a pillar of the caged god divergent trauma frenzy jugg and it felt like work. Ramping was okay, but you were impale and non-crit and there were quite a few map mods/nemesis mods that could break your build. I don't know why it's so popular, just like RF, when there's so many weaknesses in the forms of single affixes. But I guess you can get decent DPS really fast, but getting amazing DPS means you're going to have some problems to fix. And ramp time even with duration and shit felt bad with 8 APS.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The ramp is definitely painful(get it?). I wouldn't recommend any serious bossing with boneshatter nor trauma support. The stun pulse chaining on boneshatter is pretty fun though, reminds me of old explodey chest.

I'd say boneshatter is popular because it's probably the best skill for hitting shit with a stick while being tanky. Most people league start it but don't take into serious bossing, so it doesn't have pushed to the limits where most melee builds show their weaknesses.