Path of Exile

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea i wouldn't want to push boneshatter to ubers, but with minimal investment you can complete atlas and have a great mapping character. The only mod i don't do is reflect phys and that's only because I'm too lazy to spec into it. If i was doing 100 maps at a time I'd group all my phys reflect into one but I just alch and go and I'd rather reroll the map. The clear and speed for investment really is S tier for starting.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I shelved the trauma jugg after a few more hours leveling. It's just not gonna be worth the squeeze in the end, and basically having to use frostbreath means your base attack speed is so bad it's never really gonna feel good.

Raider time it is. Maybe rakiatas? Probably lightning strike? Maybe molten strike depending on how lightning strike feels, but it all scales basically the same way.

I'll probably try reave for a bit with that weird heist sword I found doing full conversion but I'm pretty sure that's gonna be awful.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The ramp is definitely painful(get it?). I wouldn't recommend any serious bossing with boneshatter nor trauma support. The stun pulse chaining on boneshatter is pretty fun though, reminds me of old explodey chest.

I'd say boneshatter is popular because it's probably the best skill for hitting shit with a stick while being tanky. Most people league start it but don't take into serious bossing, so it doesn't have pushed to the limits where most melee builds show their weaknesses.
I started to feel the boneshatter creep of melee pain starting at 80 and slowly went back to my EA totem build. I have enough divines now to invest in better gear for both, but I am leaning towards a third build of some sort lol.

Melee is really shit in this game.

Edit - ronne ronne spends his life every league trying to find something redeemable in melee. I respect the fortitude.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Also, what's eveyone's preferred dominant mechanic for Atlas boosting? I have been doing Ritual but the rewards have been garbage so I am going to spec into something else.

I will do Blight for a while to get enough oils to make my amulet, but aside from that I tend to default to Expedition.

Edit - Expedition with a side order of Harvest usually.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea I shelved the trauma jugg after a few more hours leveling. It's just not gonna be worth the squeeze in the end, and basically having to use frostbreath means your base attack speed is so bad it's never really gonna feel good.

Raider time it is. Maybe rakiatas? Probably lightning strike? Maybe molten strike depending on how lightning strike feels, but it all scales basically the same way.

I'll probably try reave for a bit with that weird heist sword I found doing full conversion but I'm pretty sure that's gonna be awful.
Maybe CI jugg with the new keystone tatoo?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
made a poison spark occultist and its wreckin sanctum. just bouncing sparks off the walls to hit mobs, plus 72% evasion doesnt hurt.

Goonsquad Officer
I do delirium, abyss, breach. Just kind of mow down tons of shit and sell off jewels and belts

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Decided to try a Skellington mages as a second build. Following Ghazzy or whatever he is called. In the PoB no items have resists but somehow it shows over max resists on the stats window. When I bought a few items my resists went up to like +54% without me knowing why.

Is it something in the Tree that does it? Too overwhelming to try looking myself.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Decided to try a Skellington mages as a second build. Following Ghazzy or whatever he is called. In the PoB no items have resists but somehow it shows over max resists on the stats window. When I bought a few items my resists went up to like +54% without me knowing why.

Is it something in the Tree that does it? Too overwhelming to try looking myself.

If you're looking at Ghazzy's starter build with stock placeholder items he just assumes fixed resists. You can see in the configuration he's added +100 to all of them.

• 2Like

Aazrael

If you're looking at Ghazzy's starter build with stock placeholder items he just assumes fixed resists. You can see in the configuration he's added +100 to all of them.
Ah thanks, guess I just got spoiled by Phox guide that listed everything. But I'm not sure why my shield gives tons of resists when I equip it, they all go to like 54%.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good call forgot about that

Ah thanks, guess I just got spoiled by Phox guide that listed everything. But I'm not sure why my shield gives tons of resists when I equip it, they all go to like 54%.

Import your toon in pob and check calcs

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some nodes have "X modifications to your pets also effect you", not sure if resists is one but I know there was an attack/attack speed (?) one.

Aazrael

Thanks for the help! I imported the character to PoB and some were from Skill Tree and noticed a "condition using shield" for some of the resist!

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
So I know I'm totally lame when I say this. But I'm almost up to getting the first full armor set from the achievements. Quite pleased by that since I own zero complete armor sets.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Goddammit, every day I play I make a bunch of currency, and think I'm that much closer to finishing this build with a mageblood, and every day the price of mageblood goes up by like 20d. What the fuck?!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Goddammit, every day I play I make a bunch of currency, and think I'm that much closer to finishing this build with a mageblood, and every day the price of mageblood goes up by like 20d. What the fuck?!

Yea with sanctum/trials printing divines like they do you have to buy up mirror cards or apothecaries or some similar card to not get absolutely crushed by inflation daily.

• 2Truth!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Especially since the people printing divines are a significant portion of the playerbase that wants a mageblood.

• 2Like