Path of Exile

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I was pretty surprised when I bough a 1.2 divine item on Friday: I looked up the conversion and the price of a divine was almost 300 chaos!

I don't follow the conversion trends, but when was it last this high? You would think if the league was printing divines it would be lower.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea sanctum prints all currency. It's pretty interesting cause when you really break it down on like a profit/hour it's not really any better than actual proper focused mapping strategies, but the issue is almost no one really does that and even normies can run sanctums and see 4 divines shit out, so it's just flooding everything in to the market constantly.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you're mapping you're also putting items, eater/exarch invitations and other crafting materials in to the market. Sanctum doesn't do that. It's just currency so it's all inflationary. With TotA also having a fair number of raw currency rewards it's an expensive league.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Yea sanctum prints all currency. It's pretty interesting cause when you really break it down on like a profit/hour it's not really any better than actual proper focused mapping strategies, but the issue is almost no one really does that and even normies can run sanctums and see 4 divines shit out, so it's just flooding everything in to the market constantly.

Why do multiple trades for compasses, harvest rerolling scarabs, and the 10+ clicks rolling maps to do a proper mapping strategy when one can do sanctum/tota with 1 bulk purchase and zero setup for similar rewards? Setting up a mapping session is one of the worst aspects of the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Why do multiple trades for compasses, harvest rerolling scarabs, and the 10+ clicks rolling maps to do a proper mapping strategy when one can do sanctum/tota with 1 bulk purchase and zero setup for similar rewards? Setting up a mapping session is one of the worst aspects of the game.

That's exactly my point - sanctum is providing proper mapping strategy levels of profit for 0 effort so every normie in existence is flooding the market with currency as opposed to the like 10% of the player base that mapped properly before.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Sanctum and tota great for playing on a steam deck as well. easier to manage the loot too.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm actually surprised so many people like the league mechanic. I find TOTA to be one of the boring, uninteresting, busywork leagues I've ever played. Probably only Synthesis is worse. And I get how to play it. It's just boring as fuck to me. Even watching twitch streams doing the exact same shit every single cycle is really eye glazingly lame. Its the same 3 lines of dialog, the same 10 or whatever bad guys, with the same 4-5 mobs each, doing the same things every cycle on a map that never changes, and positions that never change.

I really hope this shit won't go core, but it seems like fucking everything does these days.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
6 of the past 8 leagues have not gone core. 2 of those 6 have kinda sorta gone core.

ToTA needs some heavy refinement so that progression in ToTA is more closely tied to progression outside of ToTA.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I like the flavor, the uniques and the tattoos are interesting but the playing of each round isn't all that much fun. I don't expect it to get more fun as I climb, either.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
6 of the past 8 leagues have not gone core. 2 of those 6 have kinda sorta gone core.

ToTA needs some heavy refinement so that progression in ToTA is more closely tied to progression outside of ToTA.

That's fair I suppose, I guess I'm mixing up the league mechanic going core vs. other things in the league going core (eg: beyond revamp in kalandra league).

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Its the kind of league that would be great if it goes core. Just like Sanctum did. You don't need to do it at all, ever. It doesn't fuck with maps or dilute the Atlas. There are no drops or rewards that inhibit character progression via favoured slots or voidstones etc. And it has unique rewards that are useful and fun.

Gamers love to throw around "well if you don't like it just don't do it" while ignoring the fact that not doing something often means gimping your character. With Sanctum and ToTA that isn't true. You actually, in fact, do not need to do them and it has no effect on your character since you can just buy the rewards.

• 1Truth!

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Its the kind of league that would be great if it goes core. Just like Sanctum did. You don't need to do it at all, ever. It doesn't fuck with maps or dilute the Atlas. There are no drops or rewards that inhibit character progression via favoured slots or voidstones etc. And it has unique rewards that are useful and fun.

Gamers love to throw around "well if you don't like it just don't do it" while ignoring the fact that not doing something often means gimping your character. With Sanctum and ToTA that isn't true. You actually, in fact, do not need to do them and it has no effect on your character since you can just buy the rewards.
Concur other than the gimping part. Not doing them gimps one thing: your currency generation. Which when others are gaining more currency than you by doing more rewarding content gimps you via item inflation. As we're seeing this league.

That said, it's a fairly easy fix from GGG to adjust the rate at which currency items drop from Sanctum and TOTA.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I enjoy TOTA, but haven't touched it in over a week because I've been using the currency generated from it to play new characters. It's just like Heist/Delve in that they can slap it in there, adjust the rewards, and it's perfect. I haven't even used a coin this entire season to enter the rogue harbour or even done Niko's first quest. I don't need to either. There's shit that would be helpful like resonators/alt gems, but I can just buy them through other means.

They will definitely nerf the rewards from TOTA and probably even Sanctum to a degree. When leagues are added back in they come in at full power (Re: Harvest in Ritual) and then they have to adjust from there. Personally I've done one Sanctum and failed like day 4 because my build was too graphically cluttered to do it. Now I have a very solid character to do it and probably 20-25 tomes saved up, but I just may not. Sanctum is fun in the mini-game sense, but I'd rather spend time blasting through 10 minute TOTA tournies and picking my rewards than hoping I don't get quad beamed in some double trap damage room or something. Just preference. I think Sanctum is awesome and even if I don't touch it I 100% support it being back.

I will say watching people make "cheese" builds for these leagues then suck dick at them makes me laugh. You don't need a cheese build, you need a capable build and some player skill on top. Outside of maybe Voidsphere shenanigans ain't no way Johnny RMT is going to 200 Div Shockwave his totem through a no-hit run.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
These mechanics that drop raw currency are always going to be favorable for the masses. No setup, no wondering what items to pickup and what to leave, etc.

Mapping on the other hand requires strategy and planning, and most importantly a build that can do most, if not all map mods. The difference between doing alch and go and being able to run 8 mod corrupted maps is night and day in terms of currency generation.

I made more currency, faster doing mapping, but ToTA was brainless and quick. But the amount of Harvest juice you can farm per hour is nuts with the new Atlas.

Speaking of that the new Harvest Keystone makes it easy to force Yellow crops you can upgrade into without needing the more expensive Yellow lifeforce compass. Buy purple or blue compasses, block the other color (block blue if you bought purple, purple if you bought blue), take the seventh gate to use Harvest on the map device, take growing hordes and eater altars, buy pack size compasses (these are dirt cheap) and map. When you go into a sacred grove you focus on upgrading the yellow plants. 2% of your sacred groves will get bricked with only a single color, but the rest drop a lot of yellow lifeforce over the long run.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For anyone familiar with hexblast/mines how much does the curse matter? I heard you don't want to get conductivity because of some bug. I'm running flam and elem weak right now but trying to upgrade stuff and I might have to swap out some curse on hit stuff with crit and looking at double corrupt options its slim pickings so was gonna maybe swap out one of the two for despair, conductivity or frostbite.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got a laugh out of this Twitch thumbnail. No clickbait detected!

zBoom.JPG

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
For anyone familiar with hexblast/mines how much does the curse matter? I heard you don't want to get conductivity because of some bug. I'm running flam and elem weak right now but trying to upgrade stuff and I might have to swap out some curse on hit stuff with crit and looking at double corrupt options its slim pickings so was gonna maybe swap out one of the two for despair, conductivity or frostbite.
I've only ever run Frostbite as it's usually the cheapest. But I believe the bug is that alphabetical order of flammability after elemental weakness will mess up the curse on hit during the detonation chain..

You don't want a double curse on hit anyway, anything you oneshot(high likelihood with hexblast) will not do the area effect because they won't be cursed beforehand. You want curse aura for smooth application initially and then curse on hit to keep the aoe and damage bonus going throughout the chain.