Path of Exile

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
How much of your atlas is completed? Usually by the time I start getting to t10+ maps I have hundreds of chisels in my stash tab just from normal drops in campaign and maps as I fill out the atlas.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Right, but in this scenario they're joining my group and then dropping right after. At first I thought it was me pulling the item from my stash (thinking maybe it was some sort of bot thing and when it was removed it didn't show up on their list so they dropped), but that wasn't it.
Do they join your HO first? You don't need to be in someone's group to trade, just the same zone. Some people will preemptively leave the group while waiting in your HO in order to save time.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know your question was directed at Aazrael Aazrael , but this is where I once again want to point out how disappointed I am by wandering path.

I think I had about 50 chisels by the time I ran up to t16 maps. Respeccing my atlas tree and now I'm getting 2-4 dropping at once. Usually 2-3 times a map. So the 50 I had is now 75 after only running a few maps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Do they join your HO first? You don't need to be in someone's group to trade, just the same zone. Some people will preemptively leave the group while waiting in your HO in order to save time.
Oh, well that I don't know. I don't think I've seen anyone in my HO, but I haven't been paying attention. I don't think they are though.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have one or two Yellows to do then they are completed . But have only done 1 Red as of yet. But I never see chisels drop really. Maybe its just bad luck.

Ill try and spec out of Wandering as well. See if that makes a difference.

I know Blight might not be everyones favourite but I like them a lot. Sucks when you fail them though. Wish Blighted maps dropped more often.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Like I said, I only changed once I had most of the atlas filled out. It's definitely useful for getting connected maps to drop.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Khane Khane this might interest you

He's not doing tainted pact, but I'm also not certain why he's using golden rule. Surely lancing steel stacks 100 poisons within 4s easily without needing to reflect them to himself. Nor am I sure how he's surviving them.

Did they really repeat their 3.22 Return Projectiles support and forget to add "and Ailments" to lancing steel of spraying?

Hes using Icefang Orbit and WInterweave with Golden Rule to self chill. Apeps is a good idea, forgot about those 2 shield varieties.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
The Item selling is probably the biggest issue for me. I vendor almost everything i accidentally pick up because it looks like trash. I have probably sold multiple divines through my Leagues. Or left them on the ground.

But thats on me. I dont think I have the brain power to learn all that.

When I do end up putting an item I think is great into sale tabs it never sells. :p
If you are having problems building up some initial funds just do the chaos recipe for a little bit. I use it when I am going through white maps , I fill up a tab with rings, amulets and belts. After the tab is full, once each map I pick up 1 helmet, boots, gloves, armor and two three inventory slot weapons such as wands and daggers. I use the saved jewelry deep into yellow maps to make Chaos, just remember that as least 1 of the items has to be below ilvl 74 or it will make regals. Dont portal to sell and come back, it takes too much time. Once you hit red maps you should have your atlas tree focused on two league mechanics. I personally pick stuff that is fast, essences/strongboxes/harbinger but expedition is also a good choice. I just dont do it because im lazy and will not read and brick my damage with immune mobs. As for picking up items to ID stick with jewelery, boots, gloves and Helmets now that enchants are gone. Certain item base types are better than others, check out poe ninja to get an idea of the economy. Also certain rare mobs will drop a bunch of fractured bases, if you are using neversink loot filter they will be highlighted. The loot filter will also highlight the best bases based on the level of the map, a good T1 fracture can snag a couple divines. If I get a good T1 fracture I also will throw a few essences at it to see if I can hit a couple good affixes which can net even more. For example if I get a leather belt with fractured T1 life I will throw some resist essences at it and see if I can hit triple resist, stuff like that always sells. Once you have enough chaos you can buy rusted scarabs in bulk for cheap and start down the path of juicing maps to make more chaos.

Base Types - Affliction - poe.ninja
Chaos Recipe Guide - META Guide - PoE - Maxroll.gg

Aazrael

I downloaded the program to price check my stash as AladainAF AladainAF suggested earlier. Well it seems I have amassed some wealth even though I did not know.

But I guess it would take a lot of effort to convert into Chaos/Divine. Cool app though to see how one is doing.

Gravel Gravel Yea I'll continue through Red maps a bit before I drop the Wandering Path. I lost l a lot of time due to switching my Main. But loving Boneshatter so will grind a bit this weekend.

Skärmbild 2023-12-19 154018.png

And after doing a Blight map I resynced to see what dropped.

Skärmbild 2023-12-19 155743.png

I guess I earn more than I thought really. And that I misunderstand when people say they earn Divines left and right.

Last edited:

Khane

I know your question was directed at Aazrael Aazrael , but this is where I once again want to point out how disappointed I am by wandering path.

I think I had about 50 chisels by the time I ran up to t16 maps. Respeccing my atlas tree and now I'm getting 2-4 dropping at once. Usually 2-3 times a map. So the 50 I had is now 75 after only running a few maps.

Wandering Path is good for many different farming strategies but it's necessary to have a good understanding of a variety of mechanics and the Atlas tree in general to make it feel good.

For instance Chisels aren't a problem with Wandering Path because they can drop in droves from Eldritch Alter offerings, and you can take the keystones for those with Wanderig Path selected and the notables don't really add much to your farming strategy for those so not much of a downside. But things like this are not something a newer player would know or understand, especially not just by looking at the Atlas tree.

As a side note, Eldritch Alters are the single best "thing" in PoE for making currency while mapping. Every single farming strategy incorporates them. But they can add a lot of danger/difficulty to your maps. After you get comfortable with whatever it is you're currently doing start researching those alters, how they work, and the atlas passives associated with them is probably the next best step. To be clear, since it's not necessarily intuitive. Eldritch means Searing Exarch and/or Eater of Worlds and in t14+ maps you can add their influence to maps to get packs of monsters with a chance to spawn one of their alters. The alters have upsides and downsides that add a variety of things to monsters/bosses in those maps.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Get awakened poe trade if you don't have it yet, it makes price checking stuff at a quick glance very easy.
I've got that, but unless I'm missing something, it does a shit job at checking the actual stats on items?

Anyway, just cause I was curious, Aazrael Aazrael as one noob to another, I did a t3 map. 4 chisels, alchemy, vaal, and then a frag, and two scarabs (elder/strongboxes). This is what I got (outside of uniques which I need to price check).

Untitled.png

Edit: And not that it says anything about...anything? But that ghastly eye jewel is 1 div...I think?

Untitled.png

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

These voided Mageblood maps are the best thing they ever added to the game. Divines are only ~155c this league AND Magebloods are under 200div.

Last league I paid 380div for my Mageblood AND divs were like 220c each.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Oh league hasn't been going long at all, guess i'm gonna play after all. Haven't done ED in a long time, probably go with that for starter.

• 1Solidarity

Aazrael

I've got that, but unless I'm missing something, it does a shit job at checking the actual stats on items?

Anyway, just cause I was curious, Aazrael Aazrael as one noob to another, I did a t3 map. 4 chisels, alchemy, vaal, and then a frag, and two scarabs (elder/strongboxes). This is what I got (outside of uniques which I need to price check).

View attachment 504888

Edit: And not that it says anything about...anything? But that ghastly eye jewel is 1 div...I think?

View attachment 504889
I've been missing a lot of Jewels I bet. I havent understood their value at all. I rarely pick them up lol.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 504888

View attachment 504889

I'm curious, how much of your atlas tree is filled out? Because the nodes on the very top (+2% to map modifiers) and the quant/rarity ones in the middle make a large difference too. The #1 thing that makes the most difference in my layout is probably the torment nodes too. If you want to respec to try it if you have near full atlas tree, let me know. I think I have like 1000 orb of unmakings at this point lol.

That jewel btw is about 80-120c or so. Maybe a divine, but youir chaos/lightning rolls are not as high tier I think. It's def not trash!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've been missing a lot of Jewels I bet. I havent understood their value at all. I rarely pick them up lol.
Ran another, this time without the scarabs (since I'm basically out). Not sure if I should just be buying them?

I really need to figure out the item pricing thing better. If there's a guide for Awakened PoE or another tool, someone yell at me.

Untitled.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm curious, how much of your atlas tree is filled out? Because the nodes on the very top (+2% to map modifiers) and the quant/rarity ones in the middle make a large difference too. The #1 thing that makes the most difference in my layout is probably the torment nodes too. If you want to respec to try it if you have near full atlas tree, let me know. I think I have like 1000 orb of unmakings at this point lol.

That jewel btw is about 80-120c or so. Maybe a divine, but youir chaos/lightning rolls are not as high tier I think. It's def not trash!
I'm literally just copying you at this point. I'm even running Strand, which I like cause it's very linear.

I think, looking at what I've got, I need about 15 more respec points. Although I'll still be a few shy since my atlas says 102/115.

Untitled.png

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I definitely feel you. Yesterday I hit about 100 atlas points and decided to move on from wandering path. I went with AladainAF AladainAF 's strat (I like essences) and it made a massive difference. Wandering path seems good for unlocking the tree, but holy shit does it gimp your drops. Severely. I ran a few maps with it and realized I need an even more strict loot filter (think I'm using Neversink-3, which is just strict, may need to bump it up to 4 or 5). I need to figure out scarabs and shit (he uses 3 plus a fragment). I'm guessing one is strongboxes and another for harbingers but no idea on the 3rd. Also need to buy some more atlas respec points because redoing the entire tree is expensive.

This is all to say, atlas passives really make it or break it. If your tree sucks, your drops are going to blow ass. I did end up doing the chaos recipe a ton more than everyone recommends (I think they say do 20?). I just kept a tab with 2-3 of every rare piece and sold them as I went. I'd suggest doing that to raise the money to unfuck the game.

I also did end up spending some time last night going through a lot of the shit I hadn't tried selling yet. I hope there's a better way, but I basically just opened up the PoE trade website and would input the stats of an item (usually ballparking the stat range of mine to see others pop up). I've got a few jewels and things that are worth 50c up to 1+ divine. And it's all shit as a new player I'd never guess. Luckily I saved most of the rare jewels just cause they take up one slot.

So questions from this post: It sounds like for my maps I want to use a base map, chisel it, throw an alchemy on it (and wipe it if it has bad stats), then vaal it... sometimes? After that, run it with a frag and scarabs (Aladain can let me know which he runs?). What about voidstones? I've only got one, should I always use it?

And then question two is, is there a better way to price my gear? Looking up each one individually is a massive time investment and real hassle.

And also, when I look on the PoE website, and do normal trades and not bulk, when it was someone has a stack of an item (say 64/20) and it's listed at 1c, does that just mean it's a 1:1 trade and they have 64? And do you typically buy their whole stack, or can you whisper them that you want 10? I ask because on the bulk, things like orb of unmasking are only listed for a divine.

Scarabs you just put into your map device along with the map. You have 4 spots by default. If you do a 4-way legion (Using the Timeless Vaal/Karui/Eternal/Templar Emblems) and complete it you unlock the 5th slot. This allows you to put 4 items + map in the device. This isn't overly important to do right now, but it's something to keep in mind. A 4-way legion isn't terribly difficult, especially if you dont care about the drops and only want to unlock the slot.

The scarabs I use are: Rusted Torment Scarab, Rusted Ambush Scarab, Rusted Elder Scarab, and for the 4th, I have started to use a Rusted Harbinger Scarab but you can also use any of the four sacrifice fragments in leiu of that. DO NOT run a Rusted Torment Scarab unless you have ALL of the Torment nodes on the atlas tree. Elder scarab exists solely to get more mobs. Ambush scarab because strongboxes FTW.

The easiest way to price check things is to use Awakened PoE Trade. I also recommend PoE Lurker to handle your sales. It makes your overall trading experience better.

Understanding loot as a new player is something everyone goes through. I also never understood what made loot good. But over time, you start to be able to see what you're able to sell and not sell. Things like "2 or 3 tier 3 or better resistances with t2 or better life is worth looking at". Or any helm/boot with spell suppression. Or any boot with 30% or higher movement speed.

When people talk about "Alch and Go" they are talking about chiseling to 20% while its white (Since you get 5% per chisel) and then alch it. Check mods. If OK, run it. I personally like to Vaal it, because if you vaal it you can get an extra juicy map. Its harder, but it'll be more rewarding. Vaaled maps are the only way you can get 8-mod maps. I mentioned "Sometimes" because you might not have the Vaal orbs necessary to do it. Even I don't get enough Vaals to vaal all the maps.

1703001691663.png

A map like this is going to get you a ton more items. 121% base quantity (which is like 160% after atlas mods apply) among other things. The best you're going to do with a non-vaaled map is probably around 80% base quantity.

The voidstones raise the map tier of the maps on the atlas. For my farming strategy you DO NOT want to use these. The reason being is that it raises strand from T3 to a higher tier. Then, running T3 strands will result in no T3 strand maps dropping. Can you handle it with the same efficiency? Then sure - go for it. But I fine that just decimating T3 is enough for the drops.

As for the loot filter, I use neversink 5 (Uber Strict) with custom things in the global overrides. You don't need to use a global override EXCEPT for the Strand Map. By default, Neversink 5 hides white tier maps. If you want to use EXACTLY what I do, download neversink uber strict filter, edit the file, and search for "DANGER ZONE" without quotes, and it should put you at the top of the Global overriding rules. Your global rules should look as follows (My colors are the crimson colors on the filter though, yours might be different so you'll wanna change them or you'll have my colors):

Show # $type->6l $tier->hightier Mirrored False Corrupted False LinkedSockets 6 ItemLevel >= 75 Rarity Normal Magic Rare BaseType == "Apex Cleaver" "Assassin's Garb" "Astral Plate" "Banishing Blade" "Battery Staff" "Blood Raiment" "Carnal Armour" "Desert Brigandine" "Despot Axe" "Destiny Leather" "Dragonscale Doublet" "Eventuality Rod" "Exquisite Leather" "Full Dragonscale" "General's Brigandine" "Gladiator Plate" "Glorious Plate" "Grove Bow" "Harbinger Bow" "Impact Force Propagator" "Imperial Bow" "Ivory Bow" "Maraketh Bow" "Sadist Garb" "Saint's Hauberk" "Saintly Chainmail" "Short Bow" "Solarine Bow" "Spine Bow" "Thicket Bow" "Triumphant Lamellar" "Vaal Regalia" "Varnished Coat" "Zodiac Leather" SetFontSize 45 SetTextColor 200 0 0 255 SetBorderColor 240 100 0 255 SetBackgroundColor 255 255 255 255 PlayAlertSound 1 300 PlayEffect Red MinimapIcon 0 Red Star Show # $type->6l $tier->others LinkedSockets 6 Rarity Normal Magic Rare SetFontSize 45 SetTextColor 255 255 255 255 SetBorderColor 255 255 255 255 SetBackgroundColor 200 0 0 255 PlayAlertSound 1 300 PlayEffect Red MinimapIcon 0 Red Diamond Show # Strand Map BaseType == "Strand Map" Rarity Normal Magic Rare SetFontSize 45 SetTextColor 40 200 255 255 SetBackgroundColor 0 0 89 255 PlayAlertSound 4 300 PlayEffect Blue MinimapIcon 1 Red Square Show # %HS3 $type->currency->essence $tier->t4 Class == "Stackable Currency" BaseType "Wailing Essence of" SetFontSize 45 SetTextColor 151 7 7 255 SetBorderColor 151 7 7 255 SetBackgroundColor 20 20 0 255 Show # %H2 $type->currency->essence $tier->t5 Class == "Stackable Currency" BaseType "Weeping Essence of" SetFontSize 45 SetTextColor 151 7 7 255 SetBorderColor 0 0 0 255 SetBackgroundColor 20 20 0 255 Show # %H1 $type->currency->essence $tier->t6 Class == "Stackable Currency" BaseType "Muttering Essence of" "Whispering Essence of" SetFontSize 45 SetTextColor 151 7 7 255 SetBorderColor 0 0 0 255 SetBackgroundColor 20 20 0 255 Show # %DS4 $type->currency->stackedsix $tier->t5 StackSize >= 6 Class == "Stackable Currency" BaseType == "Chaos Shard" "Harbinger's Shard" "Orb of Alteration" "Orb of Chance" "Regal Shard" SetFontSize 45 SetTextColor 199 199 199 255 SetBorderColor 199 199 199 255 SetBackgroundColor 151 7 7 255 PlayAlertSound 2 300 PlayEffect White MinimapIcon 2 White Circle Hide # %DS4 $type->currency->stackedsix $tier->t5 StackSize <= 2 Class == "Stackable Currency" BaseType == "Orb of Alchemy" "Orb of Scouring" "Chaos Shard" "Harbinger's Shard" "Glassblower's Bauble" "Instilling Orb" "Enkindling Orb" SetFontSize 45 SetTextColor 199 199 199 255 SetBorderColor 199 199 199 255 SetBackgroundColor 151 7 7 255 Hide # %DS4 $type->currency->stackedsix $tier->t5 StackSize <= 6 Class == "Stackable Currency" BaseType == "Chromatic Orb" SetFontSize 45 SetTextColor 199 199 199 255 SetBorderColor 199 199 199 255 SetBackgroundColor 151 7 7 255 Hide # %DS4 $type->currency->stackedsix $tier->t5 StackSize <= 14 Class == "Stackable Currency" BaseType == "Chromatic Orb" "Engineer's Orb" "Jeweller's Orb" "Orb of Alteration" "Orb of Binding" "Orb of Chance" SetFontSize 45 SetTextColor 199 199 199 255 SetBorderColor 199 199 199 255 SetBackgroundColor 151 7 7 255

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm literally just copying you at this point. I'm even running Strand, which I like cause it's very linear.

I think, looking at what I've got, I need about 15 more respec points. Although I'll still be a few shy since my atlas says 102/115.

View attachment 504896

Cool! Get dat money. Hit me up in game (BunnyPrimalist) and I'll give you some unmaking orbs.