Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard

Maybe frenzy stack for ice bite and herald of ice would fix both problems? But that's not a berserker I don't think, it'd have to be slayer or trickster or something. I was also kinda banking on being able to randomly buy some crazy synthesized scepter that had attack speed and other cool stuff, but there just don't appear to be any that even exist.
Way ahead of you on this one!

It was actually really solid. Trickster tankiness and speed. I had frenzy charms so ramp time would take a little bit, but I had 8 frenzy charges and PoE Ninja says 1.5 million but it actuality it was closer to 7m. I had mark on hit with no crits from marked monsters and frenzy 92% action speed which negated 2 out of 3 wisp empowerments completely. I didn't even fully flush it out as I basically proved it worked for myself and then moved on. It was a great mapper, but I never took it bossing much outside of shit like Catarina.

The ability itself is really interesting. I actually went to ANOTHER dual strike of ambidexterity character right after as a Chieftain with Brutus Lead Sceptre (you know it!) and a synth implicit fire per 10 str axe. The damage was decent, the clear wasn't bad with the clone and level 30 ancestral call, but without a cloak of flame (I was using Iron Fortress) I'd just get my shit blown up by empowered mobs.

There are some big dps boys on Ninja with it, mostly zerkers, using paradoxica and a crafted lightning offhand with volatility support and stacking lightning damage. The trap some people fall into is using brightbeak for the 2.1 attackspeed, but it's actual dps is shit. You can easily craft a 30% attack speed essence weapon with 2.0 or so aps. The synth axe I bought I zeal'd and got to 1.96 attack speed. The brightbeak pick is easy, but you WANT some extra dps as even though main hand gets 70% more, you're still getting the offhand added in.

Some people using Varanustra and offhand other weapons because Varanustra can count as any weapon so you're always dual wielding two different weapons. It also allows you to grab any weapon wheel/notable/mastery you fucking want for some OP shit like claw or axe masteries. You can also use trauma support as long as you offhand an axe/mace if you choose to go slayer or jugg.

The most OP thing though is the notable that gives 60% increased damage with mainhand and 30% attack speed with offhand. It's something like a 15-20% increase in damage every time you get it. Once on the tree. Once or twice in dual wield clusters. Then if you really want you can grab some on megalomaniacs.

It's a good skill and I can guarantee some big brainer will make a broken as fuck build with it, but outside some mageblood zerkers it's just a pretty good skill and not a busted one....yet.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Well I decided to try some bit of farming T10s juicing as much as I can. I was only using Growing Hordes with 2 x Rusted, but I still saw more uniques drop in one map than I had ever seen before lol. I haven't hit anything good with uniques or currency, but you can definitely see the massive increase in loot. Very interesting. I can see how people are getting rich off this league.

I had an unfortunate encounter with Tora in a highly juiced map that ended up with me losing 10% of my pursuit of level 95, but otherwise it has been fun!

My EA Totem build is def performing lower DPS than last 2 leagues - I am still missing 2 gem levels from amulet and a 21 gem (I've failed 7 vaals already), and a 6th totem (which I suppose is a 15% increase in DPS alone), so I have room to improve.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Beyond and delirium with their respective keystones seems really good too, leftover points in abyss. That's what I'm swapping to now, hopefully it won't be too much for 40M-ish dps SRS because I'm at the point where further upgrades are in the 5-15 div range (or in the case of amulet, 15 div barely even covers a base).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Really seems like a skill to get high wisps before the portal opens. So far just hit 5700. Trying 8 mod maps for more quantity/pack size apparently translates into more wisps. The +2 proj map mod makes those abyss spires go nuts. I've seen what seems like 8 extra abyss portals open up from a spire. Had to get a special loot filter cause theres a LOT of loot not showing. This is T16 jungle map.
Screenshot 2023-12-27 150839.jpg

went with this atlas setup so far

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd say there's a fair bit of skill to maximizing maps where you get a good start, but also a large amount of luck. Sometimes it just dumps you in the middle of nowhere and even after you finally find a path it's nothing but purple wisps that lead you to a useless vendor instead of an event, and by then it's about ready to kick you out. There's really no way to salvage that shit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Wildwood is just RNG. The secret is if there aren't many wisps that means there is an "event" or multiple around. This can be the King/Morrigan/Degen Asshole etc. Most of them aren't even really worth it except the real King because of jewel drops. I've full cleared and gotten 7k juice and full cleared and gotten 1300 in the same T16 maps. Feels bad when it happens especially when you've gotten just 1.5k blue wisps and then there's a good charm for 900. On the bright side it makes the map complete 300% faster.

My guildmates were duoing and there's some minor cheez in teams. So the map "owner" can dissolve darkness, but others can't. So in duos the owner chills around while the non-owner can run into wisp extenders and check deep in without consuming any wisp charges. They do, however, still get the 10 strike counter and if they get 10 strikes both players get kicked out. Still interesting that this is one of the few mechanics recently that duos actually had better QoL than worse. I did laugh in Sanctum when some one got sucked into the Sanctum in map like a fucking heavy flow toilet and then their partner died because they lost auras.

Also in terms of Wisps you'd want

Blue + Yellow
Yellow + Purple
All Blue>Yellow>Purple

I'm not 100% sure but Purple (Rarity) effects Currency(blue) in some weird way, but I think it does stuff like roll "unique" currency like scarabs/sextants/etc. You can get those scarab explosions, but with Nemesis mods those already occur and yellow wisps are going to be better odds for you.

And to anyone who needed easy money strats and heeded mine and others words on Harvest/Essence: You're welcome. Juice is like 25:1c and essences are currently on their uptick trajectory so if you stockpiled like good boys and girls you'll be swimming in money. My essence tab is 19divs right now and I don't even use the essence map modifier. And yellow wisps juice Harvest quant (I've gotten 102 per rare beast) so if you hit a dupe drop you can easily get 8c per t3 plant mob.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you socket Enlighten in to a piece of equipment like

1703711027851.png

Does it modify the reservation of the Determination it grants?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Looks like they turned off +proj modifier on private league. GGG posted in comments. maybe they nerf it in regular affliction soon

• 1Mother of God

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Nerfing private league is a lot different than nerfing map mods/purple juice adding projectiles, cause private leagues cost money and puts them pretty dangerously in to p2w territory.

We're far enough in to the league at this point I don't think they are nerfing/changing anything else, so hold on to your butts for prices to get weird the longer this goes on.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nerfing the league at this point would just piss everyone off, let us have our fun and fix it later if it needs fixed imo.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So, how do you scale damage on SRS Guardian? Do +dmg eye jewels really add that much? The defense is solid, but damage seems pretty ass even compared to corrupting fever champ.

Or do I need to start thinking about adding cluster jewels to scale?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Nerfing private league is a lot different than nerfing map mods/purple juice adding projectiles, cause private leagues cost money and puts them pretty dangerously in to p2w territory.

We're far enough in to the league at this point I don't think they are nerfing/changing anything else, so hold on to your butts for prices to get weird the longer this goes on.

Yeah it's silly, especially since private league can migrate to normal affliction. So that's gonna fuck everything over even more lol.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
For precedence, they didn't nerf blueprints during heist. Though I doubt blueprints were putting nearly as much strain on the servers.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
So, how do you scale damage on SRS Guardian? Do +dmg eye jewels really add that much? The defense is solid, but damage seems pretty ass even compared to corrupting fever champ.

Or do I need to start thinking about adding cluster jewels to scale?
Scales with HP so I figured you'd stack as much minion life as possible

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Have they said whether things like your extra stash tab buys will carry over to PoE 2?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They've claimed that all MTX will, but its hard to say whether stash tabs will be compatible mechanically with whatever they have going on in PoE2

• 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
HH, 2 valdos puzzle box, voidborn key and hinkora's lock plus 10 divine and other shit in one map. this is bananas. burial chambers seems better than jungle valley to me.

having hardest time getting the spires to pop though. think I’m killing it too fast. can they pop each time the abyss moves or the last time

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Isn't the Jungle Valley gimmick that the boss isn't up so all the altars won't have boss mods giving you a better chance at +rarity +quant?