Patrick Rothfuss Kingkiller Chronicles

Discussion in 'Book House' started by Hasto_sl, Dec 22, 2012.

1. zzeris Intemperate Shitposter DONOR

zzeris
    Ratings:
    +2,171
    I understand what you are trying to say...but that's a fucking huge insult to Gaiman. The first book took him over a decade to complete. He was an undergrad for 9 years and his book wasn't at a sellable level until 7 years after that. What do you think he did all of that time as an undergrad? The 7 years after? The first book was solid and set up some great expectations. This story was going to be awesome, but how could he fit all of that story in just three books? We find out in the next book. It was a gratuitous Gary Stu where the story ambles along with no real point. Rothfuss took forever to get the first book out. That was the entire story. That's why he's taking forever and doing other things and milking the fuck out of it. There's nothing here. Guy wasted his entire load and has already been self-castrated.

#181 zzeris, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Lleauaric Sparkletot Monger DONOR

Lleauaric
    Ratings:
    +1,344
    So, this is kinda interesting..

He raised over 2m for his charity this year, and as a reach goal he had "do a Q&A on book 3". They hit it, so... solid infoz soon.

Not Found

3. Palum Distrusts Banks, Europe DONOR

Palum
    Ratings:
    +4,918
    All 3 people who still give a shit are going to get a lot of questions answered.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lleauaric Sparkletot Monger DONOR

Lleauaric
    Ratings:
    +1,344
    You clicked the thread, didn't you

I guess it'll just be me, you and the next asshole who posts to tell everyone how much they don't care.

• Solidarity Solidarity x 1
  5. Intrinsic Person of Whiteness DONOR

Intrinsic
    Ratings:
    +982
  6. Quaid Well-Known Member

Quaid
    Ratings:
    +1,165
    Does this have a release date yet?

Or is Rothfuss busy fingering that disgusting beard into his navel?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rikkon Member DONOR

Rikkon
    Ratings:
    +27
    I read a summary of his q&a on book 3. Sounds like book 3 is years away if ever. However please purchase his 10 year anniversary edition of book 1 next year. Oh and it's real hard for him to work on the book because trump.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Azrayne gave shekels to Suineg DONOR

Azrayne
    Ratings:
    +296
    Rothfuss is continuing the proud tradition of fat bearded fantasy authors writing a couple good books then deciding they can't be fucked and sticking both middle fingers up to their fans.

On the bright side, he went straight to "nah I'm rich now, why would I write lol" without dragging things out with another few books that slowly decline in quality to the point where you're just begging for them to end.

9. Reht Active Member DONOR

Reht
    Ratings:
    +69
    Fuck that guy, I am to the point that i no longer truly care if he ever releases another book beyond wanting to know if my speculations about Kvothe turn out to be right.

tumblr_n8u24j0wF11tev6tpo1_400.jpg

#189 Reht, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Campbell1oo4 Active Member

Campbell1oo4
    Ratings:
    +39
    I read through this whole thread to get an idea if I wanted to start these books. I do not, but I did enjoy reading all of these comments. Probably more than I would like reading the books.

11. Ritley Well-Known Member

Ritley
    Ratings:
    +3,719
    The first book is excellent. Probably spent his whole life coming up with it and had nothing left after that

12. Azrayne gave shekels to Suineg DONOR

Azrayne
    Ratings:
    +296
    Lolled because it works on two levels.

I think "excellent" is a bit much. It has some great elements and the prose is generally quite high quality, but it also some really derivative crap, some cringe-worthy subplots (school bully, romance) and a terrible ending.

I enjoyed it when I read it the first time, but I couldn't get through it a second, and I'm a fairly compulsive re-reader.

• Like Like x 2