Peacemaker

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
James Gunn almost single-handedly restoring cred to the DC universe. That was fucking awesome. Surpassed my expectations by a million times. Whole series was fantastic.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Great finale. Loved the Judomaster scene at the end because that was the only time he stopped eating his Cheetos.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
looks like most of the cast is doing a live watch party on twitter about an hour from now at 6pm pacific. #peacemaker

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That was for sure Goff at the end right? Wing color looked little different to me. Just didn't know why it wouldn't take over another body

Last edited:
  • 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Ya it was Goff. He shot the Asian chick in the chest so Goff could survive. But with their food source gone, he would be dead soon anyway.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Just started the finale and holy fucking shit. Steel Panther is playing in the finale at the start of Peacemaker!

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Never going to explain how their tiny ships managed to transport that cow either.

j00t

there's been a few interviews where cena talked about how gunn specifically told him NOT to read any of the peacemaker comics because he didn't want that to influence his performance or get caught up in gunn's changes saying, "wait, but in the comics..."

this is fundamentally the issue with DC live action vs the MCU (at least the first few phases anyway). the people at marvel actually take to heart how the characters behave in the comics. while they might not do a carbon copy of comic book storylines and characters, they at least demonstrate a huge amount of respect to the source material. whereas DC just doesn't seem to get that. they know that batman, superman, etc are household names and that they will sell tickets so they write their own power fantasy fanfic and insert popular characters just so people will see it.

then you have gunn... who does the same thing, more or less, but does it with characters that NOBODY knows or cares about. he did it with peacemaker, he did it with suicide squad, he did it with guardians of the galaxy. no one is really comparing these guys to the source material because why would you? i don't know if that's genius or what, but it works

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Why did he let Goff live?
Who were the four at the end besides the obvious two in the middle?

Anyways great show can’t wait for season 2.

• 1Picard

joz123

Potato del Grande

Because PM and Goff had a similar philosophy and Goff was going to die anyway since the butterflies food source was destroyed.

Superman and Wonder Woman.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

I'm assuming they left out cyborg because he sucks and no clue if coming back and they don't know if the new Batman will take place with this DCU. Aquaman and flash have movies coming out soon

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>

yeah, clearly the big two at this point. Would have cost way too much to have one of them appear for 10 seconds, one isn't tied to this anymore as far as I can tell, and the third that isn't there isn't tied into this anymore period.
In fact I'd say its interesting they are even implying that what they are showing even exists at all in the DCEU

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Well, I think I'm going to have to call that my favorite superhero tv series so far. And coming out of the DCEU of all things.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
aquaman-peacemaker-fuck-you-barry.png

good season, the finale was maybe a bit weaker in writing and the dialogue but it was a nice bow on a very, very solid season of TV and I definitely look forward to season 2. The Butterflies were a bit uneven, and there are still thousands and thousands (?) more with tons of jars of honey around all over the world, and we don't even know how/if they can reproduce or make another cow. Felt odd to not squish Goff. I half expected Eagly to just eat Goff in the end.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Well, I think I'm going to have to call that my favorite superhero tv series so far. And coming out of the DCEU of all things.
I'll prolly get hated on but season 1 of The Boys might still be my favorite. Going to rewatch season 1 before season 3 starts

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

agripa

Molten Core Raider
A species capable of intergalactic space flight but can't genetically engineer their own food...

• 1Like