Penny Dreadful

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe I'm alone in this, but that finale went from really good to Lost-level disappointment bad at the ending. Oh well.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I had a similar reaction to Life on Mars. They wanted to tell a story and they did. Keeping shit going any further turns this from an R rated PBS show into an Anne Rice MTV show.

Great fucking show, great ending. Fuck the haters.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Eva developed her London style accent from her Bond role, and basically hasn't turned it off. Since then she's sounded English in interviews and in front of press.

I plan on catching the last two hours tonight. Stupid work.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
sad this got axed but this was never going to have a happy ending and the way it ended was pretty good and pretty logical given all the stuff leading up to it.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Glad it didn't end on a happy note but more of a melancholy bittersweet note along with not dragging the show out for 5-6 seasons. Just need another show with Eva Green and Rory Kinnear together.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
sad this got axed
According to the President of Showtime he was notified 2 years ago, this was a 3 season show. And Eva Green was told a few episodes into the 2nd season that she would die at the end of season 3. They tried to convince him to go further, but he said the show ends with her death and it was to be kept a secret.

No sauce, but there's definitely articles out there right now with this interview.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Just caught a few episodes of this show. Great cast, have no fucking clue what's going on. They're in the old west, but there are vampires, werewolves, and Satan? Seemed like a more adult Twilight.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Eva green is the reason I wont watch this. Girls is ugly as fuck
You won't watch a good show because you think one of the actresses is ugly? Do you watch shows that are shit just because they have eye candy?

I bet you lap up those ABC family shows. You probably have Pretty Little Liars viewing parties.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You won't watch a good show because you think one of the actresses is ugly? Do you watch shows that are shit just because they have eye candy?

I bet you lap up those ABC family shows. You probably have Pretty Little Liars viewing parties.
He is a confirmed Entourage junkie.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Them spinning the idea that it ended exactly as they had planned is horse shit, there were too many plotlines and characters introduced this season for that to make sense. So many arcs were setup, then they were forced to try and tie it all up as best they could at the last minute. At least Dorian got one good moment when he told the whore horde to gtfo. I'd be more ok with it if the final confrontation actually felt epic, instead all the Hound of God shit built up over the seasons was pretty much for nothing. Seeing Dracula be like, "Fuck it I'm outta here." is how it left me feeling.

Still happy Showtime actually made the show, unfortunately that's probably the last show of that type we'll see for a long time.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm hoping they pick up the rights to Anne Rice's Mayfair Witches books because I think it would be an excellent premium cable series, but I doubt it'll happen. Very few horror shows get it right and this was one of them.

I was hoping for a big Werewolves vs Dracula scene in the last episode but it didn't happen, but Dracula did explain in Episode 8 that Ethan was too powerful even for him. It was awesome in Episode 8 when Ethan and Kaetenay were kicking ass. I thought it was one of the coolest scenes in the series. It reminded me of the WhiteWolf Wold of Darkness PNP series where Werewolves just wrecked the shit out of Vampires normally.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Devlin

Golden Squire
Them spinning the idea that it ended exactly as they had planned is horse shit, there were too many plotlines and characters introduced this season for that to make sense. So many arcs were setup, then they were forced to try and tie it all up as best they could at the last minute. At least Dorian got one good moment when he told the whore horde to gtfo. I'd be more ok with it if the final confrontation actually felt epic, instead all the Hound of God shit built up over the seasons was pretty much for nothing. Seeing Dracula be like, "Fuck it I'm outta here." is how it left me feeling.

Still happy Showtime actually made the show, unfortunately that's probably the last show of that type we'll see for a long time.
Eva Green was in the last two episodes for a sum total of about five minutes. I don't know what the fuck happened but I don't believe the whole "only ever three seasons planned* one bit.

Such a shame, I'd have preferred them to have taken the season to where it was supposed to actually go and leave it in limbo than to rush a story that had previously shown so much respect to the source materials.

There really isn't any chance of new shows like this from now on, first Hannibal and now Penny Dreadful.

Bollocks.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Eva Green was in the last two episodes for a sum total of about five minutes. I don't know what the fuck happened but I don't believe the whole "only ever three seasons planned* one bit.

Such a shame, I'd have preferred them to have taken the season to where it was supposed to actually go and leave it in limbo than to rush a story that had previously shown so much respect to the source materials.

There really isn't any chance of new shows like this from now on, first Hannibal and now Penny Dreadful.

Bollocks.
I agree. Way too many storylines that were built up and not resolved. Particularly the main fucking one, Amunet/Lillith. So disappointed. Fuck you people, fuck you. Reading the interview John Logan did made me very angry.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
My only disappointment was "Lord Hyde". Why bother when you don't use the formula.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider

Bollocks.
American Gods is still on the docket, and promising. It's still one of my favorite books, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
My only disappointment was "Lord Hyde". Why bother when you don't use the formula.
There are like 30 storylines in season three that are like that....no chance the show developers knew this was the last season until near the end.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes I simply can't buy that they knew they only had three seasons. Why even start introducting people like Dr jekyl and not even have him try his formula unless they clearly were saving the lord hyde stuff for next season.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would agree with you guys for the most part. I would counter point with Van Helsing though. They introduced him, then killed him off almost immediately and completely uneventfully.