Penny Dreadful

kidgamer_sl

shitlord
Finale was good, not great. Most of the storylines were conveniently wrapped up. There are so many interesting possibilities with these characters. I hope Season 2 explores some of those.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love how many different expressions Eva can pull off well. I'm down for season 2 and completely cool being her fanboi. The wife gave me permission.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Just watched the finale and I agree with the general sentiment here that is wrapped up what needed to be wrapped up well (i.e. Mina.) Wonder how much Dorian we'll see next season as once he's fucked everything once what can he do for an encore?

I actually liked the delicate balance between the more traditional Frankenstein monster and the Phantom of the Opera they were managing to pull off. I figure next season will be interesting on that front.

I'm also surprised the black guy didn't die.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Just watched all of this over a couple days and liked how they did it all and wrapped it up. Looking forward greatly towards season 2.

Scyfi

N00b
I really liked this show, it is isnt the best show on TV but it's unique, plus the writing and acting are top notch. I am trying to think up other gothic horror stories they can add to this.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Think the problem was that the first episode created expectations that the rest of the season never lived up to. It looked like it was going to be somewhat action oriented with decent characters and it ended up more of a slow burn storyline with a few very slow spots.

I saw some interviews with Eva Green prior to the show and figured it would be exactly what it was, slow character driven stories that really didn't go anywhere till the end and I was fine with it. I think more than anything the show really showcased Eva and her acting skills. I was hoping for a bit of a tighter script and there were a few loose ends but I enjoyed the season and looking forward to next season.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
This show ended up really growing on me. I was on the fence during the first few episodes but really started to get into it towards the end, now I'm very much looking forward to a season 2. I agree with comment about showcasing Eva Green's acting. I always new she had skills (other than her perfect breasts) but damn she really came correct on this show. That exorcism still gives me chills just remembering it.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just binged watched this show today and I really loved it. I think they did a really good job tying all these things together. I like that the show is fairly serious with zero campiness to it. Eva Green is just a great actress and the range of emotion she has shown is just outstanding. The seance scene was just riveting. It is one of the best scene's on TV this year easily.

I was really bummed they killed off Van Helsing because it shut the door on some variety on where they could go with the show.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So phantom of the opera this season eh? Anyways, I still watch the show but there was only a couple episodes out of the first season I liked, Pilot and finale were mainly them. NFC who the broad in the tub was, any guesses?Elizabeth Báthory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also 2nd season is 2 episodes longer which is great to hear

Homsar

Really good start to season 2, wonder if its going to stay at a faster pace than season 1

Homsar

They took way to long to get into Harnetts character, he needs to fuck more people up. Also where is Dorian Grey?