Pixels

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The trailer for this movie was terrible. So bad it made me decide to never watch it, even after it gets put on Netflix.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there are some people who are liking this movie, retards possibly, but positive reviews are showing up.

khorum

Murder Apologist
There's just a subset of mongoloids who enjoy Adam Sandler movies out there. They do all the things every other fandom does. They got all the Adam Sandler posters and mugs and mousepads and cuddle their Adam Sandler full-body pillows to sleep at night.

Ponder that and despair.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Adam-Sandler-Pillow-Case-Two-Side-Cover-Rectangle-Pillowcases-font-b-Code-b-font-B.jpg

closest thing i can find

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
WTF happened to Sandler? I used to be such a fan, he was great on SNL and his early movies showed promise of an amazing comic movie career. Billy Madison is a classic and Happy Gilmore is probably the Hardest I have ever laughed in a movie theater. Fuck even Little Nicky had some funny moments and lines but was still bad. I really wanted Click to be good because it had Beckinsale but it pretty much sucked. Sandler's comedy Album with bits about the Talking Goat, Cock & Balls and "Good morning Kyle, nice new backpack!" was awesome, what in the fuckity fuck happened?

Rain Over Me was watchable and I did enjoy Punch Drunk Love, but neither of those are anything like the Sandler I came to know and love from Madison and Gilmore. It is weird when one of the funniest guys from my High School and College days puts out better romance/drama movies than comedies like Spanglish.

I will not see Pixels in the theater and I might suffer through it when it makes it to Netflix but even that is doubtful. I just don't get how you can take some the best shit from my childhood (Atari & Nintendo Game Characters) and mix it with one of the funniest guys from my HS and College days and just get a shit sandwich. It is like some George Lucas type shit, does Sandler only have "Yes Men" around him?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
WTF happened to Sandler? I used to be such a fan, he was great on SNL and his early movies showed promise of an amazing comic movie career. Billy Madison is a classic and Happy Gilmore is probably the Hardest I have ever laughed in a movie theater. Fuck even Little Nicky had some funny moments and lines but was still bad. I really wanted Click to be good because it had Beckinsale but it pretty much sucked. Sandler's comedy Album with bits about the Talking Goat, Cock & Balls and "Good morning Kyle, nice new backpack!" was awesome, what in the fuckity fuck happened?

Rain Over Me was watchable and I did enjoy Punch Drunk Love, but neither of those are anything like the Sandler I came to know and love from Madison and Gilmore. It is weird when one of the funniest guys from my High School and College days puts out better romance/drama movies than comedies like Spanglish.

I will not see Pixels in the theater and I might suffer through it when it makes it to Netflix but even that is doubtful. I just don't get how you can take some the best shit from my childhood (Atari & Nintendo Game Characters) and mix it with one of the funniest guys from my HS and College days and just get a shit sandwich. It is like some George Lucas type shit, does Sandler only have "Yes Men" around him?
your answers below

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Yeah, those early Sandler movies are some of my all-time favorite comedies and I quote them regularly all the time. Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Big Daddy. Hell, even Mr. Deeds had some hilarious moments. But he really tanked quickly after that.

So much promise.

giphy.gif

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I kinda feel this movie was aimed directly at me. I grew up exactly at the time these games were super hot. They all came out between time i was ten and thirteen. I pumped way to many quarters into them.

Problem is while I have a fondness for those video game icons that's not enough to make want to go see this movie. I also understand how antiquated those original icons are. There is no reason for younger people to be interested in those icons as anything other then as cultural history. Add to that the fact that Sandlers movies have always been in part a full frontal embrace but also a savage mocking of male manchildren and there refusal to grow up. That has never been a type of movie has ever appealed to me.

Sandlers primary audience has always been younger then me and now it seems they have finally hit the age where what he is offering is simply not funny to them anymore.

This movie misses Sandlers primary audience by targeting people around ten years older then that audience. It also reveals a rapid decline in that traditional audience. It also has no real appeal for a younger audience as it is a basically a homage to 80s pop culture.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Sandler is doing the same thing he has always done. We just grew up...and he got rich and lazy

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think he found out people will pay him for basically making extended home movies and he stopped giving a fuck. To be perfectly honest, I would probably do the same damn thing if I were him. Artistic integrity doesn't mean shit when you can watch a 65" tv while you're shitting on a solid gold toilet.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I'm having a hard time trying to decide which would be the worse movie (not that I'm ever going to see either of them): Pixels, or Sharknado 3?

Whoever wins, humanity loses.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I saw a free screening of this a few days ago. Biggest pile of shit ever. Sandler playing a dude like he has downs, Paul Blart being a useless tub of lard, Tyrion as the grumpy dwarf who is just phoning it in, Josh Gad being an annoying tard. Not worth it even if just for the graphics alone. Best to wait till it is free on TV or online.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm having a hard time trying to decide which would be the worse movie (not that I'm ever going to see either of them): Pixels, or Sharknado 3?

Whoever wins, humanity loses.
wouldn't they each be the worst in their respective categories? one is a theatrical thing, the other is a straight to TV. IMO they're tied for the worst.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I thought it was interesting until Adam Sandler popped up, then I knew it was a garbage comedy flick. It could have been an awesome monster attack type of horror film, even if it was slightly gimmicky.