Pixels

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Nope and he admits it.
Where? Outside of his character in Funny People? Happy Gilmore ain't the best comedy of all time nor is billy Madison. His comedy cds back in the day are the same boilerplate shit he spews out now. It's just not funny anymore.

Caliane

I kinda feel this movie was aimed directly at me. I grew up exactly at the time these games were super hot. They all came out between time i was ten and thirteen. I pumped way to many quarters into them.

Problem is while I have a fondness for those video game icons that's not enough to make want to go see this movie. I also understand how antiquated those original icons are. There is no reason for younger people to be interested in those icons as anything other then as cultural history. Add to that the fact that Sandlers movies have always been in part a full frontal embrace but also a savage mocking of male manchildren and there refusal to grow up. That has never been a type of movie has ever appealed to me.

Sandlers primary audience has always been younger then me and now it seems they have finally hit the age where what he is offering is simply not funny to them anymore.

This movie misses Sandlers primary audience by targeting people around ten years older then that audience. It also reveals a rapid decline in that traditional audience. It also has no real appeal for a younger audience as it is a basically a homage to 80s pop culture.
yeah, this is of course a trainwreck.
I can't even begin to understand how this POS was made.

The base idea fucking from Futurama... in 2002. I mean, holy shit, how insanely dated are you, when you are taking a 13 year old joke for the premise of your movie? also based off a 2010 short film of the same name..
The games being parodies are from 75-85..40-30 years old. Who the fuck is this movie for? 40-65 year olds?
Billy Mitchell from King of Kong is 50. Steve Wiebe is 46.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I still will watch this because im curious on how bad it could be. I mean even if its ultra terrible, the effects look solid and are being hailed as the only good part of the movie.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I still will watch this because im curious on how bad it could be. I mean even if its ultra terrible, the effects look solid and are being hailed as the only good part of the movie.
Yeah, some of these movies are worth watching just to see how bad they are and to make fun of them. If they are so bad that they aren't even worth watching for that, at home there's always the stop button, so no big deal. I would imagine that some day I'll torrent this and check it out just for that reason.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
So anyone that saw it...

Was I correct in my prediction that Dinklage is in this for 5 minutes? And pretty much all his scenes were in the trailer?

No need for spoiler tags. Fucks sake. Just tell me.

Yeah, some of these movies are worth watching just to see how bad they are and to make fun of them. If they are so bad that they aren't even worth watching for that, at home there's always the stop button, so no big deal. I would imagine that some day I'll torrent this and check it out just for that reason.

Absolutely. MST3K bitches. It just takes a few years for those movies to become watchable in such a way. No one paid any money to watch half the movies MST3K made fun of either when they were originally released.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Of course train-wrecks like this are worth the free views but beyond that? Hell no! Have some standards honestly. Sandler has been phoning it in for the past decade so why pay him for it? It's not like he had a lot of talent even in the beginning. Sure, his early shit is funny as hell but his movies are so awful. Here's the story: Guy is a loser. he has a talent but isn't interested in using it. Someone(usually his love interest) needs that talent and exhorts him to finally 'kick ass'. Kick ass, get girl, live happily ever after. Blah, blah, blah. Fucking garbage really.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So anyone that saw it...

Was I correct in my prediction that Dinklage is in this for 5 minutes? And pretty much all his scenes were in the trailer?
I didn't see it, but I read the complete synopses that was linked last page.
It seems that Dinklage was in the movie for a good chunk (at least half), but something came out that he used cheat codes to win his King of Kong shit, so he was removed or whatever. He didn't die. Then Donkey Kong ends up being the final boss of the entire movie, so you got to enjoy that from the trailer.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You know the sad part about Kevin James? it's b/c of this untalented unfunny fat ass that makes you look out for bullshit everytime you listen to the Joe Rogan Podcast. He interviews great ppl and it's engaging but when he says shit like "Oh i only act in Kevin James movies cuz they're so great" or some shit like that, you just know it's so disingenuous, and yea who wants to shit on their friends? but he doesn't have to bring up his shitty friend and pretend he's actually good at comedy.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Kevin James has had some high quality stand up routines. His movies are always and predictably terrible though.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
He's a funny guy, all things considered. They just don't know how to do him properly in movies. He's got this "PG Wimp" tag over his head, so they don't dare put him in anything more severe. I mean, he was alright in that MMA movie that Rogan talked about, but it's still very slapstick.

Chesire_sl

shitlord
eh it was worth 10 bucks to get rid of the kids for a couple hours , they both liked it . so will get it at red box xome time in 2016

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah, this is of course a trainwreck.
I can't even begin to understand how this POS was made.

The base idea fucking from Futurama... in 2002. I mean, holy shit, how insanely dated are you, when you are taking a 13 year old joke for the premise of your movie? also based off a 2010 short film of the same name..
The games being parodies are from 75-85..40-30 years old. Who the fuck is this movie for? 40-65 year olds?
Billy Mitchell from King of Kong is 50. Steve Wiebe is 46.
Best part is the Futurama bit wasn't even a full episode, it was part of Anthology of Interest 2. So in like 8 minutes, Futurama did a better job than Pixels did in however the fuck long that movie was.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I need to watch this after watching that video ^ haha
it sounds so god damn awful that i need to see how bad it is

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
30 minutes in, this movie is almost unwatchable. it would be interesting if adam sandler and kevin james wasnt in it. oh and in regards to the poor 1982 continuity addressed in the above RLM review. peter dinklage's 1982 character is sporting a mullet and a twisted sister t shirt. i dunno when mullets became popular, but i dont remember anyone wearing them at that time. that was more of a late 80s sort of thing. also twisted sister in 1982 was 2 years away from premiering their first video on MTV and a year away from their first US album. they had a UK demo import which i had a hell of a time picking up in 86, it had to be fucking impossible to get in 1982. adam sandler is just horrible in case anyone was wondering.

edit
1 hour in, the action has started and its actually alright, dinklage is cool and the CGI is sweet. sandler is still fucking terrible though. no emotion from him doing anything.

re-edit
overall the movie was bad but the special effects and dinklage is good so its enough to keep you from ditching it completely. i hope i never have to see another adam sandler movie again. there are countless continuity errors with the timeline and video games/pop culture. i think what happened was the movie was originally set in 1984, but for some unknown reason they changed it to 1982 and just used the 1984 stuff and figured who gives a fuck?