Planescape Torment Kickstarter: A spiritual sequel to be set in Monte Cook's Numenera

Stillborn_sl

shitlord
First screenshot from T:ToN
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...4?ref=activity

y6svx0S.jpg

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Guys, do us a favor and go like it on facebook even if you aren't going to buy until it comes out. They are going to add more content if they get to 10k backers. Don't we have people on these forums that can get us 2000 likes for 10 bucks or some shit?Go like it, bitches.

Stillborn_sl

shitlord
Torment: Tides of Numenera screen shot Unity test in 1080 HD

Watch closely and you'll see at 1:03 a monster? at the bottom of the screen running towards her.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It sucks that this isn't scheduled for release until early 2015. It gives me wood every time I see a new screenshot/hear more music/find out more about the setting.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Obsidian's Avellone On Torment, KOTOR 2, Alpha Protocol:http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...lpha-protocol/

Well, it's official: Chris Avellone has joined the Torment: Tides of Numenera team. Kickstarter's overwhelming monetary might has pushed another old band back together again, and now this one's ready to give belabored brain birth to another tale for the ages. And dimensions. And whatever other creative gravy giblets they can fit into their twisted turducken of a setting. But Torment's hardly the only thing on Avellone's increasingly busy mind, as he's also got both Project Eternity and Wasteland 2 to worry about. Oh, and let's not forget that exceedingly tantalizing Star Wars pitch Obsidian CEO Feargus Urquhart was so thrilled to discuss. It's tough, then, to imagine that Avellone has even a spare second these days, but he somehow managed to shove aside a few for a chat, so we used it as wisely as humanly possible. To discuss kindly stick figure knights and giggle at bad naming jokes, of course. Also, all of the above, Avellone's role on Torment, and what an Alpha Protocol sequel would look like in a post-Walking-Dead world.
Interview in the link.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Numenera actually looks pretty cool. The tabletop rules especially look tailor made for more storytelling style games than dungeon crawls. I like it a lot. They already have my money for the Torment game.

I'm just hoping it crosses 4m for the extra big city and expanded character options. That's a great stretch goal.

edit: Barely an hour later and they just hit 4 million. Awesome.

Sean_sl

shitlord
6 hours left. I really wish I had spare income to donate more to these guys. I'm praying that something crazy happens and it hits 4.5 mil so we can get that Player Stronghold.

Heylel - it already crossed 4 million with the paypal included, they posted that we're getting the city and stuff.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nice.

Since I missed the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter I chose the $45 level that lets you get both games.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
They've broken the 4 million. Nice.
That's almost exactly 100k on KS over 5 hours. Does the paypal stuff count on top of what they show on the KS page?

Nvm - "PayPal Totals are over $89K as of 04/04. PayPal totals are tallied on a weekly basis and factored in for the stretch goals."

Maybe 4.25M is not out the question then.

Golt_sl

shitlord
I ended up throwing in a donation, really hope it works out well

Edit:
Evernothing_sl said:
Nice.

Since I missed the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter I chose the $45 level that lets you get both games.
Holy shit, didn't see this option. Going to manage and add a lil more to the donation

Sean_sl

shitlord
I wonder if they'll count the $200k that Steve Dengler and Brian Fargo pledged towards the stretch goals.