Planescape Torment Kickstarter: A spiritual sequel to be set in Monte Cook's Numenera

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It does say 4.25 mill achieved, but it only says 4.13 mill on the right side. Did someone make a private donation or something?
Yeah, if you actually read the damn page it explains 200k was donated by Brian Fargo and Steve Dengler
tongue.png

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
If we all all the numbers, we're only $9000 away from 4.5 million. I hope they will include the 4.5 mil stretch goal because that would be wicked awesome.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
With the 200k and PayPal money, the final stretch goal was just barely hit.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
A part of a video somewhere said "do you want to be a part of the most funded Kickstarter ever?". Is that really the case or did I dream it?

Vorph

It's the most funded game now, by a slim margin over Project Eternity.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It's the most funded game now, by a slim margin over Project Eternity.
Yeah. The Infinity generation is speaking with their wallets. We're going to have basically every major game remade or expanded on. Arcanum being remade yet?
tongue.png

Vorph

Nope, but Ubisoft is making a new Might & Magic game that doesn't look half bad.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'd wait until at least one of these games actually comes out to proclaim that whatever people want will get made.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I'd wait until at least one of these games actually comes out to proclaim that whatever people want will get made.
That's the attitude I'm trying to maintain, but I have to admit, those screenshots on the kickstarter page definitely increased the blood flow to my penis.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Fair enough. But my point was at least there's an outlet where we can BUY what we want made versus paying 60 bucks for something we didn't ask for, but fuck, we don't have a lot of options.

I donated for a few of these already. Tex Murphy is coming along VERY nicely. But you're right, lets wait and see. Surely one of these groups will fuck up and just pocket the funds. But that's basically what the industry does anyway with a few notable exceptions.

Mertz_sl

shitlord
Got a project update from them explaining if we hit the 4.5mill mark, which we didn't. However, it is still possible to do so via Paypal by April 30th.
We don?t have the final PayPal numbers yet, but we expect to be far short of the $4.5M Stretch Goal. (While Torment?s budget will be bolstered by the generous $200K total in contributions from Brian Fargo and Steve Dengler (@dracogen), these aren?t included in the Stretch Goal calculations. The Stretch Goals were set with these contributions already considered ? that is, the $200K sum didn?t apply to determining whether or not we reached any given Stretch Goal. But all of it will be applied to creating a better game and help counterbalance the impact of fees and dropped pledges.)

Many backers have asked about the ?Stronghold? that was at the $4.5M Stretch Goal, however. At your request and suggestion, what we?ll do is allow all PayPal contributions through the end of April to count toward determining whether or not we reached this goal. On Monday, we?ll tell you exactly how far we have left to go and through the end of the month we?ll provide more frequent updates on tumblr and Facebook about progress toward that $4.5M goal.

If we do make it by the end of April 30th, we?ll declare that final Stretch Goal achieved! In this case we would include the Stronghold, designing it to fit the flavor of Numenera and to fully support Torment?s themes and narrative.

We cannot say enough how much we appreciate your support. We are very much looking forward to creating Torment: Tides of Numenera for you. You have made this game possible.

Thank you,

Kevin Saunders
Project Lead