Planetside 2

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I haven't played in a few days due to work but I can tell there was a flux in NC and Vanu lately but other than that all seems normal, TR actually seems to be doing better than normal on Jaeger. Shit could have changed in the last 3 days though.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I run as engineer pretty much full time. I saved up 500 certs for the Trac 5-S as it has the optional under-barrel grenade launcher. It's fantastic, especially if you are above people, but is buggy as shit, and changes all your 2-6 weapon shortcuts :p If you let the grenade launcher auto-reload, your gun WILL eventually bug out and break not only the grenade launcher, but your main gun as well until you respawn.

The only fix I found is to put down an ammo box, then
1)Launch under-barrel grenade
2) Interrupt the auto reload by hitting T (knife)
3) let it reload normally.

Also, sometimes it won't let you switch back to your main gun unless you hit 5 or 6 first. You know what? Fuck the grenade launcher lol
wink.png

Maybe I'll leave the zerg T6 and join Argo, if they'll take a shitty engineer =D

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
The biggest problem with the launcher is sometimes firing it doesn't register on the server side. It will damage you if you are close, at least on your client, but won't damage anyone else. It's about 50/50 for me.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I run as engineer pretty much full time. I saved up 500 certs for the Trac 5-S as it has the optional under-barrel grenade launcher. It's fantastic, especially if you are above people, but is buggy as shit, and changes all your 2-6 weapon shortcuts :p If you let the grenade launcher auto-reload, your gun WILL eventually bug out and break not only the grenade launcher, but your main gun as well until you respawn.

The only fix I found is to put down an ammo box, then
1)Launch under-barrel grenade
2) Interrupt the auto reload by hitting T (knife)
3) let it reload normally.

Also, sometimes it won't let you switch back to your main gun unless you hit 5 or 6 first. You know what? Fuck the grenade launcher lol
wink.png

Maybe I'll leave the zerg T6 and join Argo, if they'll take a shitty engineer =D
Every shitty engineer we get ends up being johnny on the spot amazing after a few days blowing my mind. So yeah either way cya on the battlefield today.

Oh and got my both my dual burster extended mAgs but only got to try them briefly. So nice
wink.png

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I would stick to the bursters. MAX render distance is shorter than the skyguard, and you can be revived.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Man I love this game so much, and wish I had more free time. I haven't played in two days or so and I'm going thru major fucking withdrawals. Thankfully I'm home and will be done with this BS paperwork within the next hour.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Man I love this game so much, and wish I had more free time. I haven't played in two days or so and I'm going thru major fucking withdrawals. Thankfully I'm home and will be done with this BS paperwork within the next hour.
I feel your pain bro, I haven't got to play in 4 days now and in 2 weeks I have to go to our Tampa location for a week to get a new system implemented. I can't wait for Tues-Thurs to play some more.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Yea I'm having a ball too. It really is F2P, I'm not at too much of a disadvantage by not paying (yet). And it's not in my face either. I should pay just on principle; plus 1000 certs for a weapon unlock would take a while without it
wink.png

Xeldar

Silver Squire
So I woke up this morning still drunk, hopped in my prowler with HE + side armor and had 40+ kills before I had to take a beershit. Not that I'm t3h l337 skilled, there's just some imbalanced shit where you can easily kill whore.

Calroon_sl

shitlord
God damnit.
In PS2 whatever you do it matters jack shit in the end, but at least it's a nice FPS being F2P.
Dust 514, probably the worst shooter ever created on a console with an abomination of a chat system.
Although a much more interesting universe than Planetside and player driven economy.

Why CCP, why couldn't you make Dust 514 on PC.
I so want to like that game, QQ

So I woke up this morning still drunk, hopped in my prowler with HE + side armor and had 40+ kills before I had to take a beershit. Not that I'm t3h l337 skilled, there's just some imbalanced shit where you can easily kill whore.
Not really imbalanced. Sure the Prowler can kill soft targets at close range. If a Vanguard or Magrider had showed up your run would have been shorted instantly. You know...rock, paper, scissors and that type of shit...

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the problem is this:

You have to *leave* an area to get a vehicle and then drive/fly back to defend wherever you just left. This is against normal human psychology, and it really doesn't change the dynamic all that much.

Rather than being bottled up and slaughtered by the power discrepancy between vehicles and infantry, instead their massed vehicles slaughter the "defenders" as they come back one by one (or even in an armor column).

Never mind that by the time you get back to the hotspot, the base has either flipped or the timer is critically short; Thus you never actually defend.

Sure, the "defenders" could try to spend the time to pincer movement or flank or other such nonsense. But the base will FOR SURE flip then and the aggressors column will roll off, crushing which ever fraction of the "defenders" picked that path.

Until the defense exp patch (and maybe not even then) there's zero reason to defend if the target is *anything* but your last tech plant on the continent. If you're getting your shit pushed in, the best rewards are to leave and attack something else. Taken to it's conclusion this leads to roving masses of players dodging each other as they go for mostly empty bases.

Which isn't good game play.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
the problem is this:

You have to *leave* an area to get a vehicle and then drive/fly back to defend wherever you just left. This is against normal human psychology, and it really doesn't change the dynamic all that much.

Rather than being bottled up and slaughtered by the power discrepancy between vehicles and infantry, instead their massed vehicles slaughter the "defenders" as they come back one by one (or even in an armor column).

Never mind that by the time you get back to the hotspot, the base has either flipped or the timer is critically short; Thus you never actually defend.

Sure, the "defenders" could try to spend the time to pincer movement or flank or other such nonsense. But the base will FOR SURE flip then and the aggressors column will roll off, crushing which ever fraction of the "defenders" picked that path.

Until the defense exp patch (and maybe not even then) there's zero reason to defend if the target is *anything* but your last tech plant on the continent. If you're getting your shit pushed in, the best rewards are to leave and attack something else. Taken to it's conclusion this leads to roving masses of players dodging each other as they go for mostly empty bases.

Which isn't good game play.
The best exp will always be a dug in fight. Just flipping bases doesn't come close to a slug fest. That being said the majority of my time in PS2 is spent hoping for a good fight and not actually getting them. I follow my outfit and obey orders, which usually involves heading to the next objective as quickly as possible and dealing with whatever minor resistance pops up. Usually this comes in the form of some lone wolf types running around trying to ghost cap stuff. Eventually as we take more and more territory we end up coming face to face with the enemy as we get closer to their warpgate. At this point I usually get about 30 minutes to an hour of good intense fighting before that side jumps off the continent.

Lately however, when we switch continents and the population numbers shift, that is often enough to get the other side to just leave right there, which really sucks.

The above really only applies to Amerish and Esamir. Indar seems to just be a cluster suck most of the time, but can result in some really intense fights. The best fights come when two large offensive forces meet somewhere between two objectives. Both sides just try to push the shit out of the other with no one really defending. I really like those fights whether I am gaining ground or giving it up, the slower and more difficult the progression, the better. They should do whatever they can to encourage people to want to fight tooth and nail for every inch of ground.