Planetside 2

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Going to try shotgun + flash nades for cqc. Flash nades seem to have a big radius and you are blinded for 3-6 seconds.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bought my vehicle mines during that short window when they were nerfed, and still had fun with them. Now that they're back to prenerf levels, it's even better. Actual effectiveness of suicide bombing tanks is probably not so much. But the joy of pulling it off is so immense. It finally feels like I, a lowly infantry actually have a tool against the vehicle hoards. And watching some frantic tanker flee from me? Good for the soul. (true, then they get done reloading, or realize they have a giant gun or something. But still.)

Taking out a sundi is just pocket change, the real money is the tank kill :p

There was even a period where they all thought they could just run you down. Jump at the right time, drop your mines, slide off from them scooting out from under you. Shame many have gotten wise.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Indeed, taking out tanks is always satisfying.

To rack up points with mines I like to play defense at pretty much any amp station ever. No matter who is attacking, somebody will park their sunderer right up against the wall. I play around on the jump pads like an asshole trying to find the sunderer and then I'll jump down from the top right on top of it or to the side, plant the two mines, run away and then turn around and start shooting at whoever is left. I generally get like 3-10 kills and the sunderer every single time. It's seriously easy cert points and it's just glorious.

The best part is, once that sunderer goes down, another one will take its place.

Also greatly helpful for the team obviously since you are stopping an entire armies spawn point!

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Been playing for a little while, Soltek Vanu.
Anyone know about the other 3 continents and other things in the works, hearing rumors about it from a few sites.http://www.vg247.com/2012/11/30/plan...5-if-possible/

-Player Owned bases ? we plan on releasing continents that are empty or partially empty where players can build their own bases. These are open world bases so others will be able to attack them. We?re also planning on having these continents heavily resource based with new resource types that will be very rare..and lots of cool new stuff that can be built out of these new resources.

-Harvestable resources ? imagine SC II style resource harvesting with physical vehicles doing the mining or the harvesting.

-Water between continents ? seamlessly ? this is really hard tech, but our goal is to make the whole planet seamless and allow water based vehicles.

-Lots more vehicles and weapons ? just what it sounds like. Many of these will take very rare resources to make.

-NPC enemies ? I don?t want to call this PVE. That?s not exactly what we have in mind. More like a global invasion that goes after everybody. This isn?t a bunch of quest givers saying ?go kill 10 rats? ? this is bad ass aliens that want to gut you.

-NPC armies ? imagine as the commander of a base sending an NPC army towards another base MOBA style except it?s in the middle of the Planetside 2. This isn?t another game mode. It?s all part of the same game.

-Esports support ? we plan on doing this pretty soon after launch. We plan on making this a big big thing and putting a lot of our resources behind it.

-Weather

-Mac version (soon after launch).

Quick sheet

Vehicles:
-Function Keys = Change seats on a vehicle. F1 = Driver, F2, F3, etc. If flying it's best not to switch to gunner seat while in the air, the craft will drop like a rock!

-Hit L = turn on/off lights on ground. Helps when trying to stay hidden in shadows.

-Hit B = Deploy Sunderer, must not be near other deployed Sunderers. Can see enemy deployed Sunderers by their circle. Spawn point ability is a cert, you will need to equip it once unlocked.

-Hit T = 3rd person camera. Works great with Sunderer, Galaxy and Liberator.

-Pagedown key = Vehicle management, you can unlock, allow only squad members or lock out others and deconstruct. Sometimes it's best to unlock out the Sunderer to everyone if your deployed as a spawn point. Some ppl will get in and start firing on everything and give away your position.

Misc:
-Hit H = Enlarges the minimap
-Continent terminal = Warpgate area has a terminal that will allow you to switch continents, near the spawn point.
-Insert key = Insta join a squad and sometimes insta drop to their location.

Engineer:
-Hit B while holding the Mana Turret = Switches from turret to ammo, drops another ammo box.

Other:
-Watch for the vehicle spawn pads, this will insta kill you. Also watch for groups fighting on one.

xzi

Mouthbreather
That's sounds fucking awesome. I'm always all for player-driven content. That was one thing I liked most about GW2 was building up keeps and claiming it as yours. There are so many different possibilities they can come up with doing that type of thing. Can't wait to see what they end up doing.

Rare vehicles and weapons from rare minerals sounds fucking awesome too. Hell yeah.

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
I lost interest immediately when I first started the game up and couldn't be bothered to log back in for a few weeks. Came back to give it another try and was glad I did.
The more I play the better it gets.

Having fun now and reminds me of some good times with original planetside before BFR's existed. I like some of the game mechanic changes they made.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I do wish that they'd kept the Sanctuary concept though. About mid day yesterday, NC was scattered over all 3 continents at "can't do shit" strength for most of the afternoon. With a single meeting point, there would a been a greater chance at someone getting the masses to write off 2 of the continents and get actual usable numbers on the remainder.

And I have to be missing something about Defense, it seems like it's almost never worth doing, on an exp-cert earning level. Yeh, sure, if you lose the tech plants, you lose heavy tanks, but the reasons to try to hold anything else against the red or purple tides seem very weak.

That said, it's really easy to get into the habit of getting into the "well we got pushed out of the last base, we'll HOLD this one! Nope. Well, we'll hold THIS one then!" cycle of feeding the other side exp.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
I lost interest immediately when I first started the game up and couldn't be bothered to log back in for a few weeks. Came back to give it another try and was glad I did.
The more I play the better it gets.

Having fun now and reminds me of some good times with original planetside before BFR's existed. I like some of the game mechanic changes they made.
The first experience with the game can be rough on new players. Getting dropped into the middle of a enemy controlled area sucks when you get insta gibbed in the first 5 seconds of landing. Followed by chain dying while trying to figure shit out. Not a game for people with no patience that is for sure heh. My first night was pretty brutal. Really glad I stuck with it. After you start getting more certs, and getting in with some dedicated units the game becomes super addicting.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
damn it sorry Sudo and guys. I didnt realize you were in Teamspeak since I had mumble up too. PM me sudo you name on relogged since I dont know how to get ahold of you.

just downloaded patch back from vacation and ready to play.

W

Wrathcaster

To highlight the awesomeness of TR on Waterson (other than the fact that we've dominated all three continents all weekend)... Friday before we took over and were scraping for any piece of land we could, one of my outfit officers decided if we couldn't capture and hold the majority of the map... Well fuck it, we'd take and hold Indar Skydock for as long as humanly possible. Started out slow, with 4-5 outfit members backcapping to lure vanu and NC in, keeping the majority of peeps back at the dock as AA Max and engineers.

Fast forward to an hour later, we've got a combined assault of NC and Vanu coming at us with liberators, scythes/reapers, full galaxies, sunderer columns, and whole squads attacking jump pads en masse. At first Vanu and NC were attacking each other as they approached the skydock, Vanu Magriders taking out NC sunderers and vice versa with NC Vanguards. Then, after another hour of us holding back everything they could throw at us, Vanu and NC completely stopped attacking each other (no fucking clue how they organized that).

That's when things got truly insane. I guess we pissed off the other factions off so much they started directing the majority of their efforts at us and disregarded pretty much everything else in favor of zerging the skydock. For a while it was just my outfit trying to hold on with 2 squads and some change, then the randoms join the fight and the fight goes full apocalyptic. I shot down at least 30 liberators personally, no telling how many fighter planes, I lost count after two hours. We very nearly lost the skydock once they'd parked 5+ sunderers on the ground and had shittons of droppods landing combined with regular full MAX galaxy drops. They took point A and swarmed the jump pad but somehow we held on. Finally, in desperation they were just zerging us with kamakaze flier attacks but they were done with by that time; we'd snuck infantry on the ground and used C4/tank mines to blow up their Sunderers.

Four hours. We held the Skydock for four goddamn hours against a combined assault by both factions. Finally, defeated, they stopped attacking entirely and went about their business and we all logged, having all agreed we'd done our part and put together the most epic last stand we'd ever experience.

TL;DR this game is fucking awesome

orcmauler

Golden Squire
To highlight the awesomeness of TR on Waterson (other than the fact that we've dominated all three continents all weekend)... Friday before we took over and were scraping for any piece of land we could, one of my outfit officers decided if we couldn't capture and hold the majority of the map... Well fuck it, we'd take and hold Indar Skydock for as long as humanly possible. Started out slow, with 4-5 outfit members backcapping to lure vanu and NC in, keeping the majority of peeps back at the dock as AA Max and engineers.

Fast forward to an hour later, we've got a combined assault of NC and Vanu coming at us with liberators, scythes/reapers, full galaxies, sunderer columns, and whole squads attacking jump pads en masse. At first Vanu and NC were attacking each other as they approached the skydock, Vanu Magriders taking out NC sunderers and vice versa with NC Vanguards. Then, after another hour of us holding back everything they could throw at us, Vanu and NC completely stopped attacking each other (no fucking clue how they organized that).

That's when things got truly insane. I guess we pissed off the other factions off so much they started directing the majority of their efforts at us and disregarded pretty much everything else in favor of zerging the skydock. For a while it was just my outfit trying to hold on with 2 squads and some change, then the randoms join the fight and the fight goes full apocalyptic. I shot down at least 30 liberators personally, no telling how many fighter planes, I lost count after two hours. We very nearly lost the skydock once they'd parked 5+ sunderers on the ground and had shittons of droppods landing combined with regular full MAX galaxy drops. They took point A and swarmed the jump pad but somehow we held on. Finally, in desperation they were just zerging us with kamakaze flier attacks but they were done with by that time; we'd snuck infantry on the ground and used C4/tank mines to blow up their Sunderers.

Four hours. We held the Skydock for four goddamn hours against a combined assault by both factions. Finally, defeated, they stopped attacking entirely and went about their business and we all logged, having all agreed we'd done our part and put together the most epic last stand we'd ever experience.

TL;DR this game is fucking awesome
By contrast, last night on Jager VS, I died 30 or so times. 20 were by friendly fire. About to say F that and just be a magrider bitch like 3/4 of the other population.

W

Wrathcaster

By contrast, last night on Jager VS, I died 30 or so times. 20 were by friendly fire. About to say F that and just be a magrider bitch like 3/4 of the other population.
Funny you say that, because I think one of the reasons we were able to hold is VS/NC liberators kept bombing their own troops trying to kill us off. That and they couldn't put their magriders to good use :p

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Or just switch over to the Red and Black and play with us so we can get those bastards that were killing you with Friendly Fire.