Planetside 2

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
My favorite fights are attacking held biolabs. Light assaults can almost always get out and flank the defenders, who are so focused on shooting at the doors you can often just stab them to death in a nice neat line. There are a few spots where NC maxes can make it impossible, but that rarely lasts long.

The hard part is convincing others to leave the little room. Often I'll clear the defenders and people just stay in the room unwilling to leave.

Errorplane

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have been using their character sig since they started allowing the stats. It finally updated in mid December and was updating everyday. Now they haven't updated the stats for a couple days.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Beyond that, Biolab fights are plain just not fun for both the attackers and defenders. The attackers die as soon as they're out of the gate, and the defenders just sit there shooting.
I'll disagree with this. Because biolabs are one of the funnest fights to do since tech plants were changed, either attacking or defending. If you are alone or part of a mindless zerg sure I can see it frustrating, because it just becomes a stand off on the landing pads or just sitting in the teleport rooms doing nothing. But when it comes to coordinated pushes, counter attacks etc, its a hell of a lot of fun and insane exp.

I think I have seen the enemy on my server do 2 coordinated max pushes. Max crashes used to happen all the time in ps1 to break a defense, kinda weird you rarely see it now. It can work for both defenders and attackers.

We had a biolab fight the other day where the VS actually landed a magrider on the landing pads(has something to do with carrying it on the back of galaxy), Crap was funny as hell.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
We had a biolab fight the other day where the VS actually landed a magrider on the landing pads(has something to do with carrying it on the back of galaxy), Crap was funny as hell.
HAHAHA! I would have loved to have seen that.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anytime someone asks that, it really feels like they're missing the point. Like asking for a space exploration experience in a SIMs game or something.

Play Planetside like it was some other multiplayer 1st person shooter. The rounds just don't end. Its TF2 Endless Fort writ large.

You "Win" in the moments, in the individual fights, not when you cap everything and the map resets (which also, when you think about it, has no lasting "territory control")

All that said, they've mentioned putting out landmasses for players to stake claim to, and fight over. But control over any particular patch of that WILL flip just as fast as the current sections and continents do now. The only way to stop that would be for some Mega-outfit to guard their portion 24x7, and be either good enough or numerous enough to defeat both other factions zergs.

eclip_sl

shitlord
I guess I am missing the point because if I just wanted to play an FPS i'd play something that was more responsive and balanced. I just fail to see the point in the game if there isn't a meta game.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Someone posted a few pages back that they're planning some big player-ran bases and whatnot, and apparently you'll need minerals and blahblahblah for certain vehicles. If they're doing what I think they're doing, yes, eventually (hopefully) there will be more of a point to take territories, but currently there isn't much I guess.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
I still play this game sporadically, but it still feels more like an open beta, for a rather dated game, than a release product. I find that casually playing alleviates some of the annoyances with a lack of a meta game. I log in, kill a few people, drop-in somewhere, run out of ammo/die, and then log out. I still play infiltrator as I must be masochistic and love how culling obscures very easily snipe-able targets. Comparing this game to TF2 seems a bit off in that the combat in TF2 has a certain element of charm or polish. PS2 does not. PS2's combat, in comparison, is rather basic, herp-derpy, lowest common denominator in its implementation. The one thing it has going for it is the scale of the combat, which the game cannot render well.

xzi

Mouthbreather
You can't really compare this game to TF2 in an equal manner, as they are two totally separate entities. I will agree it feels like an open beta. I know they have intentions on releasing big content, the game will probably be much superior in 6 months. I hope at least.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm Slyminxy on Jaeger, TR, and yes, even though I've read this entire thread before logging in for the first time, I still have no clue what I'm doing. Most deaths (besides suicides out of stupidity/desperation) are due to taking a second or two to guess if it's the enemy or friendly approaching. And I get killed in 1 second ;\

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Is there a way to deploy a parachute? Asshole took a galaxy up high and kicked everyone out lol

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a way to deploy a parachute? Asshole took a galaxy up high and kicked everyone out lol
I thought galaxies by default allow players to bail and not die? I know there was or is a bug that would occasionally kill the player.

ESFs/Libs have to be certed to allow you to bail without dying.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I thought galaxies by default allow players to bail and not die? I know there was or is a bug that would occasionally kill the player.

ESFs/Libs have to be certed to allow you to bail without dying.
Correct.

Sancus

Trakanon Raider
Most deaths (besides suicides out of stupidity/desperation) are due to taking a second or two to guess if it's the enemy or friendly approaching. And I get killed in 1 second ;\
Fire on reflex, if you happen to kill someone wearing dumb camo instead of their faction colors, no big deal. Takes a good amount of TKs to get weapon locked.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm Slyminxy on Jaeger, TR, and yes, even though I've read this entire thread before logging in for the first time, I still have no clue what I'm doing. Most deaths (besides suicides out of stupidity/desperation) are due to taking a second or two to guess if it's the enemy or friendly approaching. And I get killed in 1 second ;\
friend request sent

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can't really compare this game to TF2 in an equal manner, as they are two totally separate entities. I will agree it feels like an open beta. I know they have intentions on releasing big content, the game will probably be much superior in 6 months. I hope at least.
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I wasn't comparing this to TF2 itself, rather to one of the server types where the round never ends, such as Endless Fort. The main thing is treat this as a multiplayer shooter with a giant map and fights with 50, 100, 200+ people on a side. Don't treat it as an objectives based "yay, we got 3 flags and win, NEW ROUND" shooter.

Sure, you have objectives in PS2. But you're right, at the end of the day it doesn't matter who owns Biolab #458, err, Raven's Gulch Biolab. Or whatever.

The objectives are there to create battlefronts and meta chokepoints.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Get out of our Biolab you PRX bitches!
How are outfit names/tags registered in PS2? Are they per server or game wide? I found out today after some headache that the [PRX] tag on Mattherson isn't the one Tuco is associated with in GW2, but a different guild (Prox12.com). They even call themselves "The Professionals" in-game and some direct people to Tuco's GW2 guild url in chat to troll. Coincidentally, they also played GW2 on the JQ/FA server.

Anyway, has anyone else noticed an increase in vehicle/sundy intentional tking? Its reached a point for me that I don't even spawn Sunderers anymore as my shit gets tk'd quickly if I deploy in a prime location and immediately replaced with the offending groups sundy. The issue is so bad some nights that outfits just wage war on each other.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
How are outfit names/tags registered in PS2? Are they per server or game wide? I found out today after some headache that the [PRX] tag on Mattherson isn't the one Tuco is associated with in GW2, but a different guild (Prox12.com). They even call themselves "The Professionals" in-game and some direct people to Tuco's GW2 guild url in chat to troll. Coincidentally, they also played GW2 on the JQ/FA server.

Anyway, has anyone else noticed an increase in vehicle/sundy intentional tking? Its reached a point for me that I don't even spawn Sunderers anymore as my shit gets tk'd quickly if I deploy in a prime location and immediately replaced with the offending groups sundy. The issue is so bad some nights that outfits just wage war on each other.
Yea, some douchebags keep blowing up aircraft that come back to the warpgate to repair.