Playstation 5

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Goddamn this is so frustrating. Have everything disabled that could possibly interfere and I'm not even getting a queue, just the regular buy PS5 and accessories page.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Was able to place an order for a disc version on August 25th with Walmart. Latest delivery date was September 20th which was yesterday. Now the order tracking just shows as delayed and customer service acknowledged they sold me a system they don't have inventory on and the delay is indefinite. I guess I'll have to try ordering one elsewhere and just reselling one if I end up with two.

I'm rustled.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Finally got to add one to my cart and it says if I don't have an email invite I can't buy and if I do to click the link in my email, which I did. Goddammit Sony.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Kena: Bridge of Spirits came out today and I've seen not a hint of a marketing campaign for it...

Kena: Bridge of Spirits promises magic, but can’t deliver much of it Polygon kinda rags on it, but others seem more kind.

I'm probably getting it after I am done with Tales of Arise. Saw a few reviews and they were mostly very positive. Even the Polygon review is fairly positive about most aspect except that it's not "original". I like this type of game. It seems to be fairly short though...8-12 hours, but then it's priced accordingly I guess.

spronk

FPS noob
probably great if you have kids you are playing with, it has that "BOTW for kids" vibe. Reminds me a bit also of Biomutant, which sucked but also does a lot of stuff but nothing really new or interesting, but do you just reward doing a competent job and not fucking up?

it does sound super short - 8 to 10 hours to finish the game, under 15-20 hours to 100% it - although it is a $40 game. Digital only for now, physical copies release next month-ish?

i don't really buy games at launch anymore unless i got it in a glitch (FC6, bf2042) or i am dying to play (Hitman). i still haven't played Returnal, Deathloop, a bazillion games on gamepass, and Judgment 2 is out this week. Probably won't even buy that game for a while, and I'm far more interested in that than Kena.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone else get a "Please sign-in with your PSN ID credentials to purchase a PS5™ console." message on Sony's pages for the PS5? Sometimes its there and sometimes its not, while I get a session expired message occasionally too. Makes me damn paranoid because I'm already signed in, but those pages have some kind of half-assed login compared to the main store pages.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Yep, finally got in to the queue, lasted over an hour and that bullshit is what I get. Dammit.

Now that you've got the fever, join a PS5 drop discord and you'll have infinitely more chances to get one.

I got mine within a few tries several months ago.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Could you be ad blocking something that is interfering?

I disabled everything before I started, all ad blockers, any extension that looked like it could possibly interfere, and the VPN. Sony's servers just couldn't handle it and now that it is going through it says I don't have an invite.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So far, mounting my TV, doing all the cabling, hiding all the cabling, etc, has been more fun than actually playing anything on PS5.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Sony sent me another email, sat in the queue again, still the same error. Fuck this, not worth it.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So far, mounting my TV, doing all the cabling, hiding all the cabling, etc, has been more fun than actually playing anything on PS5.
I had a similar experience recently while setting up immersion lighting , doing textured tiles on the wall around the TV, and re-routing all the cabling.

Now that it's done though, the effect looks amazing with games like Tales of Arise and Deathloop and there's even less of a chance that I'll play any new games on my PC.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I had a similar experience recently while setting up immersion lighting , doing textured tiles on the wall around the TV, and re-routing all the cabling.

Now that it's done though, the effect looks amazing with games like Tales of Arise and Deathloop and there's even less of a chance that I'll play any new games on my PC.

You follow anything specific for this? Sounds like an interesting project.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You follow anything specific for this? Sounds like an interesting project.
My setup is very similar to this dude's, except I made sure to not need to cut any tiles because that looks like a giant pain in the ass.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just finished installing my WD Black SN850 1TB in my PS5. Process was fairly straightforward, removing the cover was the most difficult part.

It works great, finally done with the constant installing and removing games for a while.

• 1Like