Podcasts Misc

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I've been listening to a lot of Sword and Scale lately. It's a true crime podcast that I am really enjoying. It's interesting topics and I like how they incorporate a lot of audio interviews and media into the episodes. How ever they are not afraid to tackle some fucked up shit that can be a bit uncomfortable. I've skipped ahead a couple times. Overall a really good podcast if you like true crime.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've been listening to a lot of Sword and Scale lately. It's a true crime podcast that I am really enjoying. It's interesting topics and I like how they incorporate a lot of audio interviews and media into the episodes. How ever they are not afraid to tackle some fucked up shit that can be a bit uncomfortable. I've skipped ahead a couple times. Overall a really good podcast if you like true crime.
Gonna check that one out as its highly recommended. True crime stuff is really intriguing.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Started listening to Someone Knows Something. So far 4 episodes in and I'm pretty hooked. I'm a big murder/missing persons buff.though
I finished this (first season?) and it was really good.

A little backstory is a 5 year old kid goes missing in Canada in 1972(?) from this guys hometown so he goes back to investigate. I won't spoil it, but he potentially finds new evidence and stirs the investigation back up a bit.

I thought it was really good. If you're into the murder/missing person stuff this is really good. He said season 2 will focus on a new case (with additions to the original case as things come up). I really liked it.

I'm listnening to Finding Tammy Jo and while it is interesting, it's really fucking short. The episodes are like 10 minutes long which I'm not really a fan of.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I finished this (first season?) and it was really good.

A little backstory is a 5 year old kid goes missing in Canada in 1972(?) from this guys hometown so he goes back to investigate. I won't spoil it, but he potentially finds new evidence and stirs the investigation back up a bit.

I thought it was really good. If you're into the murder/missing person stuff this is really good. He said season 2 will focus on a new case (with additions to the original case as things come up). I really liked it.

I'm listnening to Finding Tammy Jo and while it is interesting, it's really fucking short. The episodes are like 10 minutes long which I'm not really a fan of.
This sounds really interesting. Downloading now.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Canadian crimes have come up on Sword and Scale and True Murder. It's weird hearing about some Psycho cutting someone's head off on a bus and being out on the street in less than 4 years. Way to go Canada!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Finding Tammy jo was pretty disappointing. Whole series was like 3 hours.

Listening to unsolved now. Case is extremely interesting but the narrator is terrible. It sounds like she's making up what she's about to say on the spot. Sounds like if you had a high school chick narrate it.

Im obviously on a true crime podcast kick.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
That's the problem I had with True Murder. It's hosted by Dan Zupansky who is a true crime author and has hosted radio shows for years. How ever in his earlier interviews he doesn't seem to drive things on enough so there is a lot of meandering . I hope this more recent episodes are better but I don't listen to those.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Finished season 1 of unsolved, pretty shit commentator all around. She up-talks a lot and ends sentences with a question mark like... "Did he reallydo it??" in sort of a valley girl way. Lots of "ums" and "likes", and she's supposedly a 20 year veteran reporter. Disappointing because the story was incredibly interesting and fascinating. The main suspect reminded me of the guy in Lovely Bones or whatever that movie was called.

Started listening to a smaller podcast called Thin Air and it's incredibly good. Usually it's one case per episode (about 40 minutes), but they broke one case up into 3 episodes and it blew my mind from start to end.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I was going to start unsolved tomorrow but I think I am going to skip it now .

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's an oddly specific number

Serial season 1 was great. I just hated her bias towards his innocence.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wasn't actually trying to discuss Serial. I've never heard a second of it or any of these. Just commenting on the glut of Serial-esque podcasts that appear to be out there.

Or to have gotten more popular now even though they're super old apparently. Their recent surge in popularity of course directly attributable to the runaway success of Serial season 1, a fact so undeniable that one would have to be a real douchewaffle to argue it in any petty way.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I listen to a bunch of entrepreneur ones.

Entrepreneur on Fire, The Side Hustle Show, Smart Passive Income, Fizzle Show, My Wife Quit her Job, $100 MBA Show, Private Label Podcast, Freedom Fast Lane.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I wasn't actually trying to discuss Serial. I've never heard a second of it or any of these. Just commenting on the glut of Serial-esque podcasts that appear to be out there.

Or to have gotten more popular now even though they're super old apparently. Their recent surge in popularity of course directly attributable to the runaway success of Serial season 1, a fact so undeniable that one would have to be a real douchewaffle to argue it in any petty way.
I know True Murder has been around for several years . Sword and Scale is on its 3rd season or something. It's really the only two True Crime shows I've listened to.