Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (2019)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Haha, I downloaded it also just in case it was quickly taken down. Then I could show my daughter on TV tonight.

Whoops.

spronk

FPS noob
ryan reynolds trolling 4 the lulz

(its just pikachu dancing for 2 hours)

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The movie is solid. Of course, Ryan Reynold's performance is responsible for probably 75% of that, but Justice Smith plays off him really well too, it's sort of a classic straight man/goofy man pair which is never tiresome when done well (and I think it is in this movie).

Great movie to take the kids to, they'll love it for the Pokemon and you'll love it for Ryan Reynolds. (The CGI is pretty good too.)

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Pikachu says the word "Birth Canal"

Best movie ever made also thanks to the min wage theater employee who left a box full of Pokemon packs unguarded and whom are not sitting in my trunk.

• 4Worf
  • 2Seriously?
Reactions: 5 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Pikachu says the word "Birth Canal"

Best movie ever made also thanks to the min wage theater employee who left a box full of Pokemon packs unguarded and whom are not sitting in my trunk.

How long are they giving out those packs? Or is it like Day 1 only shit? We're not going until the latest show we can find tonight (gotta try to avoid dem kids).

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
How long are they giving out those packs? Or is it like Day 1 only shit? We're not going until the latest show we can find tonight (gotta try to avoid dem kids).

No idea, probably while supplies last. They are worth less though it's only two cards and one is always detective Pikachu.

spronk

FPS noob

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

I was pleasantly surprised that Avengers EndGame will hold the top spot this weekend, thought a bunch of kids would want to go see pokemon

do kids even like Pokemon anymore, I only see 30 year old adults any any Pokemon related event.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Just came back from it. Kid enjoyed it, I found it entertaining. I'm not a Pokémon fan but I played (Not finished) 1 or 2 games. It's a good starting point for a Pokémon movie franchise. Probably one of the best videogame based movie.

The story was a bit rough, Pikachu was pretty cool and I wish they improve the CGI on the next movies. I got 6 pack of cards.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Story was pretty generic, but the world building was great. Overall, the humor was on point, it didn't take itself too seriously, and it was just entertaining and fun as hell to watch. Loved it.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, this wasn't some earth shattering life event movie. But it knew what it's job was and it did it well. Entertaining.

More entertaining to Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and myself was that apparently the couple beside us were on a date, and I'm pretty sure the girl was giving him a handy during part of the show. I figure she wanted him to evolve, but I really don't understand this Pokecrap....

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just got home from watching this with my daughter. We enjoyed it. An easy movie, but she cried every time Pikachu got hurt.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
My GF is still pretty into kids movies at age 28, and we're both still pretty into Pokemon these days thanks to Pokemon Go, so we checked it out despite having 0 kids. Decent movie, enough vague adult jokes thrown in to keep the humor going for us grown ups. Definitely some plot holes and whatnot but hey. Doubt I'll ever watch it again but I'm glad I watched it the once