Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
So, i've started playing this yesterday and the spawns seem to me to be static with something like a 30mins or less respawn rate, also some of the spots have rares? Did a sweep of the area around my house, caught 33 pokemons total and got to lvl5. Got lots of Voltorbs and Magnemites. I don't know how good of a game it is yet, but it has my vote for best fitness app of '16.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Wait till Blizzard makes World of Warcraft Go. Raid boss spawns in your city. Get in a group with 25 others to try and kill it

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wait till Blizzard makes World of Warcraft Go. Raid boss spawns in your city. Get in a group with 25 others to try and kill it
Raiding with plebs IRL doesn't seem like a good idea. I'm sure the murder rate in this country will skyrocket if it happens.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
So, i've started playing this yesterday and the spawns seem to me to be static with something like a 30mins or less respawn rate, also some of the spots have rares? Did a sweep of the area around my house, caught 33 pokemons total and got to lvl5. Got lots of Voltorbs and Magnemites. I don't know how good of a game it is yet, but it has my vote for best fitness app of '16.
I've clocked them consistently at around 15 minutes in my area, in increments of 15. Fellow math turbonerd friend reported the same sweeps taking place across West Houston, give or take a minute or two if servers are shitting themselves. Happened earlier with a Muk I ran into, wherein it spawned only to immediately disappear in front of my eyes at 8:45 while leaving a Best Buy.

Edit: Quick search yields folks are reporting similar increments on their end concerning spawn point life spans.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Hmm, wife hasn't been able to log into her account all day while I can get on mine fine. Wonder what's up, she angry.

Column_sl

shitlord
All laughing aside that's actually a really good idea. Have to wonder if they are thinking about it.

Probly 10 years we will have really good augmented reality through glasses like the stuff MS is working on.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Was at one of the pokestops near Barker Cypress / I-10 in West Houston / Katy area this evening-- random dudebro showed up absolutely plowed, proceeded to watch him drive into the lured pokestop next door whilst not paying attention to his driving thanks to looking at his phone, presumably. Said lured pokespot is the police building nearby, and looked like he got pulled out and field sobriety tested. Lawl.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Anyone used the maps at r/pokemongodev ?
Dunno but once a decent maphack is published it's going to spread and then stress the servers. It's not hard for them to shut down the maphacks, they just need to do it.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So where are the Pokemon? We walked half a mile, visited 3 pokestops and an arena and none ever showed up? We do have the starting one already bagged.

All the tutorials seem to start with a pokemon already on screen...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
saw this, it's the classic MMO problem of fun vs useful

4enj9pjbq8ax.jpg

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So where are the Pokemon? We walked half a mile, visited 3 pokestops and an arena and none ever showed up? We do have the starting one already bagged.

All the tutorials seem to start with a pokemon already on screen...
Probably had bad connection. It's one reason i stopped playing and only got level 4. Always cuts out and also doesn't update distances reliably. Probably just rural problems. I found quitting out of the app and reloading would make it work but then it was like 50% chance at getting past loading screen

Faris

Golden Squire
Anyone used the maps at r/pokemongodev ?
I play around with it, can't really decide how to use it.
If I go full retard and have it open all the time I loose interest in this game in 2 days. If I don't use it and try to find rare popemon by bumping around praying that the tracker is actually not fully retarded when something pops up, I probably loose interest in 4 days.

That being said, the map actually works pretty well and it is astonishing to see what really happens vs what the tracker shows. The tracker is actually even more bullshit than I initially thought.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Map is decent but I want to find spawn locations without staring at one 2 mile radius for hours. Isn't stable enough yet to keep running and automate data gathering via tined screenshot.

Faris

Golden Squire
Are you using the Google Maps overlay? I had it running for like 2 hours and tried the map locations occasionally and the locations were perfect. Every time.